• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Hello, one and all! :D

tlionheart78

Mouseketeer
It's been a long time since I posted in a forum. I was told of this place during my last trip to Walt Disney World nearly two weeks ago by a couple that frequented this site and I thought to myself, why not sign up? So here I am, hoping to make some new friends, get some news on WDW, and, hopefully, give some advice on trip making.

A little background on me, I'm from East Tennessee and I've been to Walt Disney World for a total of four times in my life. The first trip was when I was 10-11. I think that this was during Mickey's birthday party as I remember Toontown being completed. The second was when I was 17 as my younger sister and her school band was invited to play during WDW's 25 anniversary (I remember the Cinderella's castle decorated as a huge birthday cake and my clarinet-playing sister playing the flute for the first time during the parade as she left her instrument back at home.). The next visit was in 2009 as my family wanted to have a better summer that year than the one we had in 2008 (my mother had passed away after two months of illness in the hospital from July to mid-September). In that '09 trip I felt that even though my family and I had fun and memorable time, I felt kinda short-handed (in other words, stuff I wanted to do did not get accomplished). It was then that I made my last trip to the parks, not with my family or even with friends, but solo. And, like the past three times, this trip was just as memorable that I resolved on going back countless times in the future, be it for a family outing, a get together with friends, or by myself again.

Anyway, that's a little bit about me. I don't know how often I'll get on here, but I'll check in here as much as I can to see what's going on. Peace!

:smickey:

Welcome.jpg

Welcome to the Disboards! I see you're from Knoxville. My daugther's fiance lives there and that's where they will live after the wedding.

Thanks for the very warm welcome everyone. :] I don't have a good access to a computer 24/7 so I'm able to get to respond and post in the evenings and during the weekends. But I'm really excited to share some great memories and future vacation plans as well. :D

:smickey:

To mickeystoontown: Awesome to hear that your daughter will be living here in Knoxville when she gets married. It's a great city and the folks here are really friendly.

To mclemore102: Hi neighbor!! :D Great to see another Tennessean here! One of the things I enjoyed most on my last trip was running into and talking to other neighbors from Tennessee while in the parks. Talked to a cast member in Downtown Disney who was from Harriman/Rockwood, a family who lived between Knoxville and the North Carolina border during may wait time in Mission Space, and another family in the Magic Kingdom who came from Knoxville. Needless to say, I truly loved that interaction. :]

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter