"Hello? I'm in the Carousel of Progress.."*UD1/13pg74"All Good Things...*

Great Update. I love AK!!!

Flights of Wonder is one of my favorite shows at WDW.

I was wondering if you would talk about Pin Trading?? Can't wait.

Have a great Weekend.

We really enjoyed AK this year. We've had fun there in the past, but since Zach is bigger this year he got so much more out of it too. :thumbsup2

We skipped Flights of Wonder - we saw enough birds at Flame Tree BBQ! :scared1: It wasn't good!

Yay for DeVine!! :banana:

Glad you found the KKTW card - bad timing, but luckily it worked out well! :goodvibes

Can't wait to hear more!! popcorn::

Great trip report! I loved Animal Kingdom too and can't wait for another trip to explore it more. Keep the chapters coming!!

We did get an ME bus on the way back to the airport. But Jeff said it was the Disney's Miserable Express bus, cause we were all sad! :sad1:

cute...;)

well being sick and keeping up on the boards hasn't been working that well for me, glad that DH could set me up today in my bed w/ his laptop so I can get back in the Dis mood :goodvibes

Love the 2 updates!

good for you and the last minute DisneyQuest trip...we haven't done it yet. My crew is still alittle too young plus I worry it'd be sensory overload for Michael...

DH & I several years ago went to Chicago's version (it has since shut down) on an anniversary weekend. We had fun. Someday I'd like to try it at WDW.

Very nice about the Pirate Magical surprise and all the fun you guys had...sounded like a great 1st day in the world!

YUM! for Goofy's Candy snacks...we missed going there again this time...I like candy pretzels too...good pick!

YIKES about losing the KTTW cards twice...glad no major issues though...good thinking for mom to just hold them now.

Never done an EMH at AK...looks like a great morning so far. Good for you w/ the FoW show...you are a brave Mom for your boys. Glad you liked it!

Love the expression on Dan w/ Lilo trying to kiss him...to cute!

Looking forward to more.

Have a lovely Mother's Day too!

J-

ak is my favorite park too! :)
we once rode expedition everest like, 3 times because there was no line, at all!

:cool1:I just found your trip report and it is great. You have a beautiful family and I just love all the great pics. :thumbsup2Thank you for sharing and I can't wait to read more.

Maryann:surfweb:

Great update! I feel EXACTLY the same way about the birds! Ick!

That's great that you were able to catch Devine! I have yet to see her in person - looks amazing!

Hope you had a nice Mom's Day! :goodvibes

Sara

Great update Missy. Good for you for facing your bird fear. The show looks pretty good. We didn't do any of the animal trails last trip, but plan on doing them in June. Yea for seeing DeVine!

The animal trails are nice because you can just take your time..no lines, no rushing. My family loves the gorillas and tigers!

I feel the same way about Animal Kingdom. We just never do a park open to close because we can't make it.

I held on to everyone's cards/tickets. I'm sure they would have lost them! Glad a CM turned it in.

Woohoo - you got to see DeVine! :thumbsup2

What a good sport on seeing Flights of Wonder. :hug:

Love the pictures with Lilo and Stitch. :goodvibes

Have a great trip Missy and Happy Mother's Day to you too!

Thanks Carissa! Seeing DeVine was a real treat....she is really beautiful in an odd/strange sort of way!

I am LOVING your TR! :wave2: Can't wait to hear about the next trip to Guest Relations. I'm nervous for ya! :bitelip:

Anyways: good job on this - I feel like I'm right there with you!

Your boys are so cute. Love the pics! :thumbsup2

LOL...thanks for the sympathy nerves! :goodvibes

I just found your report. I have really enjoyed it so far. I love the boat from POR to DTD as well. I don't think that a fried Snickers sounds very good myself.

I am looking forward to hearing more about your trip. We love to pin trade so I am excited to hear about your pin trading adventures.

This was our first real experience with Pin Trading and without saying too much...my boys LOVED it!

I guess my wife and I don't give AK enough credit. It always seems it is the hottest park... As Zzub would say, they seem to "pump heat" into the park. Even though Everest is pretty stinkin' awesome!

Enjoying your trip report:cool1:

It is a hot park, but in April, the heat is not stifling. And coming from the frozen tundra of upstate NY we are ready for a little heat! And Everest is AWESOME!!

Great Update. I love AK!!!

Flights of Wonder is one of my favorite shows at WDW.

I was wondering if you would talk about Pin Trading?? Can't wait.

Have a great Weekend.

It was a good show...I was impressed and that's saying something! ;)

We really enjoyed AK this year. We've had fun there in the past, but since Zach is bigger this year he got so much more out of it too. :thumbsup2

We skipped Flights of Wonder - we saw enough birds at Flame Tree BBQ! :scared1: It wasn't good!

Yay for DeVine!! :banana:

Glad you found the KKTW card - bad timing, but luckily it worked out well! :goodvibes

Can't wait to hear more!! popcorn::

Oooh..the birds at Flame Tree! YIKES! I know! :eek:

Great trip report! I loved Animal Kingdom too and can't wait for another trip to explore it more. Keep the chapters coming!!

Hi and :welcome:

cute...;)

well being sick and keeping up on the boards hasn't been working that well for me, glad that DH could set me up today in my bed w/ his laptop so I can get back in the Dis mood :goodvibes

Love the 2 updates!

good for you and the last minute DisneyQuest trip...we haven't done it yet. My crew is still alittle too young plus I worry it'd be sensory overload for Michael...

DH & I several years ago went to Chicago's version (it has since shut down) on an anniversary weekend. We had fun. Someday I'd like to try it at WDW.

Very nice about the Pirate Magical surprise and all the fun you guys had...sounded like a great 1st day in the world!

YUM! for Goofy's Candy snacks...we missed going there again this time...I like candy pretzels too...good pick!

YIKES about losing the KTTW cards twice...glad no major issues though...good thinking for mom to just hold them now.

Never done an EMH at AK...looks like a great morning so far. Good for you w/ the FoW show...you are a brave Mom for your boys. Glad you liked it!

Love the expression on Dan w/ Lilo trying to kiss him...to cute!

Looking forward to more.

Have a lovely Mother's Day too!

J-

I didn't even see the Lilo kissing incident...I was too busy snapping pics! I'm glad I caught it!

My boys were about the perfect age for Disney Quest..any younger and it may have been tough for Jonah to enjoy himself. It is very visually stimulating...and there are a lot of different noises, so not sure how Michael would do.

ak is my favorite park too! :)
we once rode expedition everest like, 3 times because there was no line, at all!

Yeah...believe it or not we rode several more times this day...on a 9 day, no less!

:cool1:I just found your trip report and it is great. You have a beautiful family and I just love all the great pics. :thumbsup2Thank you for sharing and I can't wait to read more.

Maryann:surfweb:

:welcome: Maryann! Glad to have you on board!

Great update! I feel EXACTLY the same way about the birds! Ick!

That's great that you were able to catch Devine! I have yet to see her in person - looks amazing!

Hope you had a nice Mom's Day! :goodvibes

Sara

I'd like a Mother's Day redo! I went to NH to celebrate my DH's sister's 40th birthday. DH had to stay home because he is working on a huge project at work so I was flying solo! 7 1/2 hours in the car with my boys on Mother's Day wasn't the best way to celebrate. And it was my DH's birthday as well, so I felt like I missed out on a lot. :sad2: Oh well!

Another great day. we also spen the whole day at AK. To much stuff to do. I don't mind birds as long as they don't fly over my head.In all the 30+ trips to DW we have never seen that show.One day. Waiting for more. Does anothe key get lost?

Another great day. we also spen the whole day at AK. To much stuff to do. I don't mind birds as long as they don't fly over my head.In all the 30+ trips to DW we have never seen that show.One day. Waiting for more. Does anothe key get lost?

Technically, no, another key does not get lost! Stay tuned! :rolleyes1

I am working on the update about the rest of our Animal Kingdom day and hope to have that up sometime today. Until then, I just wanted to say thank you for the Mother's Day wishes! I did not spend the day like I would have really liked...it happened to be Jeff's birthday as well, so I really wanted to be home to celebrate with him and to enjoy the day myself. Alas...that was not to be. Jeff's sister Jill turned 40 on Saturday and had a big party in NH. Jeff is in the middle of a HUGE project at work that is nearing its deadline so he was unable to get away to join the boys and me. SO.....I spent Mother's Day and Jeff's Birthday traveling back from NH (7 1/2 hours) with the boys. NO breakfast in bed, no sleeping in, no baking Jeff's cake or making him his birthday dinner. :sad2:

On a happier note, Jeff made ME a special dinner (chicken on the grill, sweet potato fries, strawberry shortcake) and also got me a Wii Fit for Mother's Day. What a great guy! :love: I am making his cake and special dinner today...better late than never I guess!

Stay tuned....the rest of our Animal Kingdom Day is coming soon! How many times did we ride Everest? Was a 9 day anything to be freaked out about? Did it ever rain?? :confused3

Sounds like your Mother's Day left a lot to be desired, but that meal by hubby most definitely made up for it! Not to mention the Wii fit. I WANT ONE!!! :yay:

And now you get to make it up to DH tonight. Fun! Lots of good eating!

Can't wait for the next installment. No, I really can't wait! :flower3: Until then...

I've been debating where to fit this into the report and now seems as good a place as any!

:yay::yay: PIN TRADING! :yay::yay:

The boys each got a few pins for trading in their Easter baskets. Each boy got 8 pins. They were a "grab bag" so the pins were random and ranged from a Disneyland pin to Kermit the Frog, to Elvis Stitch. On our 2007 trip, we bought lanyards and each boy chose a pin or two to purchase as a souvenir, but we really didn't do any trading. Dan, who was 12 at the time, did trade once or twice, but that was the extent of it. They were excited to give it a try this trip and they had their pins on their lanyards ready to go! :thumbsup2

It started at DTD the night we arrived. Dan saw the new puzzle pin set and decided he would go for that. He got the hang of the trading pretty quickly! The other two boys were not far behind! By the time we hit AK on Monday, they all had the itch to trade. Isaiah, my Stitch fan, decided to try to find all Stitch pins. Jonah was on the lookout for the Pirate set with Mickey, Pluto, Chip, Dale, etc.

The Trading BEGAN! I think the boys stopped to look at pins on EVERY CM who had a pin lanyard! I wish I were exaggerating! It became a running joke if one of the boys was lagging behind..."oh, distracted by shiny objects!" They had a blast! :woohoo:

Unfortunately 8 pins was not nearly enough once they had been bitten by the pin trading bug! Dan completed his Puzzle set fairly quickly. Jonah took a little longer finishing his Pirate collection, but did complete it. Isaiah came home with a hat (he moved them to his safari hat) full of Stitch! By Wednesday morning all their "grab bag" pins had been traded and they no longer wanted to trade the pins they had! They continued to ask to see the CM's lanyards, but now only JUST IN CASE they came upon something great or just because they liked to look at pins!

The great thing about the pin trading for me, was to see the boys work together. Rarely does this happen, mind you! If one of the boys saw a pin that he knew one of his brothers was looking for, he would trade for it and give it to his brother. That happened several times on the trip. It was a great thing to see as their MOM! :cloud9:

We hit the Pin Trading Store in DTD one night and Dan bought a book to put his pins in for safekeeping. The boys could have spent hours in that store looking at pins, starter sets, talking to the CM's etc! In fact...I'm not sure we walked past a single pin station the entire trip without at least glancing in that direction! :rolleyes1

The boys learned a lot about pin trading and the pins themselves from the CM's they traded with. We also met several other guests who wanted to see the boys pins and talk about trading in general. It's a GREAT ice breaker! Several CM's talked to the boys about which pins are worth more than others, the strategies of trading, what kind of pins they've received, which go the fastest, etc. I am so glad the boys enjoyed this because it was an AWESOME experience.

The Easter Bunny will just have to bring more pins next time!

Unfortunately I don't have any pictures of the actual trading, but here are a few of the pins we ended up with as well as apicture of the pins we had to begin.

This is what we started our trading adventures with.

IMG_0980.jpg

This is what we came home with.
IMG_2112.jpg

IMG_2114.jpg

IMG_2115.jpg

IMG_2116.jpg

IMG_2117.jpg

I PROMISE the rest of our Animal Kingdom day will be posted later today! Patience is a virtue, my friends!! :laughing:

I'm so glad that pin trading was a hit! I also got a grab bag of 25 pins to split between my kidos. I hope they like trading. Your boys' collections are great.

Great TR so far, just finished reading up to this point. I followed you over from carissanboys TR...I'm reading both of your TRs in hopes of keeping myself sane until our trip. Thanks! :thumbsup2

I've been debating where to fit this into the report and now seems as good a place as any!

:yay::yay: PIN TRADING! :yay::yay:

The boys each got a few pins for trading in their Easter baskets. Each boy got 8 pins. They were a "grab bag" so the pins were random and ranged from a Disneyland pin to Kermit the Frog, to Elvis Stitch. On our 2007 trip, we bought lanyards and each boy chose a pin or two to purchase as a souvenir, but we really didn't do any trading. Dan, who was 12 at the time, did trade once or twice, but that was the extent of it. They were excited to give it a try this trip and they had their pins on their lanyards ready to go! :thumbsup2

Just had to comment about a couple of things, especially PIN TRADING...hoping to start that tradition this trip, for my DS, really for him :lmao: If you don't mind my asking, where did you get the "grab bag" of pins?

Love the POR too, we stayed their on our last trip, so beautiful and that boat trip to DTD...can't beat it!

Thanks again for the great TR...looking forward to more updates! :yay:

Hi Missy! Sorry I'm late. :blush: I really need to pay better attention to those signature links. :rolleyes:

Can you believe there is not a McDonald’s at the Buffalo airport?? :confused: We ended up eating at a little snack shop and got breakfast sandwiches that were pre-wrapped and positively YUCK!
What - no Suicide Wings to start the day?! :rotfl: I do't think I've ever been so happy as when I saw the new Anchor Bar going in. I have no idea what my DS will eat, but I'm snagging me some wings next time we head north!

However, I noticed when we got in that we had an extra window because we were on the corner.
Nice! :thumbsup2

Up next.... ANOTHER trip to Guest Services...
Uh-oh. :scared:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter