• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

"Hello? I'm in the Carousel of Progress.."*UD1/13pg74"All Good Things...*

Wow, love all the character pictures! My BF and I didn't get very many of those while we were there because we were rushing so much to get all the rides we wanted to do done. Next time we'll take advantage of the character opportunities more. We were in the Animation studios later on in the day and should have gotten some with Sorcerer Mickey! Yours came out great :thumbsup2

I didn't seem to think it was terribly crowded at DHS that day...it did definitely seem more crowded down that end of Sunset Blvd. but otherwise I thought it was ok. I kinda feel it was more the layout down there than the actual number of people. Just my opinion LOL :)

I'm all caught up - again!! :rotfl:

I love your updates Missy! :goodvibes They're so much fun. I'm glad the "ride TSM first - get FP after" technique worked for you guys. :thumbsup2

Hopefully from now on I'll catch each installment as you post it. :rolleyes1

Wow looks like fun. I love the character photos....and a drawing class...hummm hadn't heard about that before. My dd would love that, she is an artist in the making!princess: or a princess!

I miss seeing the imagineers at work too! I remember they were doing Mulan one year when we were there. For some reason though, it seems like they were calling it something else.

We had so much fun meeting the characters in the Animation Studio this year. I had no idea there would be so many! Bolt wasn't there though. They had the stuff up for UP.

Great Micky pictures! I'm glad you got in them!

Sounds croded! I don't like shoulder to shoulder!

Great update! Now I should really get busy and work on mine!

Wow, love all the character pictures! My BF and I didn't get very many of those while we were there because we were rushing so much to get all the rides we wanted to do done. Next time we'll take advantage of the character opportunities more. We were in the Animation studios later on in the day and should have gotten some with Sorcerer Mickey! Yours came out great :thumbsup2

I didn't seem to think it was terribly crowded at DHS that day...it did definitely seem more crowded down that end of Sunset Blvd. but otherwise I thought it was ok. I kinda feel it was more the layout down there than the actual number of people. Just my opinion LOL :)

You are definitely right about that end of the park...the crowds were ABSOLUTELY worse down there than in other places. Getting around with 5 of us is challenging too...I always have to be aware of where the boys are so no one gets separated and lost! I'm pretty spoiled too...crowds were great on our last trip, so ANY crowds at all seemed "crowded" to me! ;)

I'm all caught up - again!! :rotfl:

I love your updates Missy! :goodvibes They're so much fun. I'm glad the "ride TSM first - get FP after" technique worked for you guys. :thumbsup2

Hopefully from now on I'll catch each installment as you post it. :rolleyes1

Yep...that strategy ended up working perfectly! Thanks for the advice! :thumbsup2

Wow looks like fun. I love the character photos....and a drawing class...hummm hadn't heard about that before. My dd would love that, she is an artist in the making!princess: or a princess!

It definitely looked interesting. You should check it out!

I miss seeing the imagineers at work too! I remember they were doing Mulan one year when we were there. For some reason though, it seems like they were calling it something else.

We had so much fun meeting the characters in the Animation Studio this year. I had no idea there would be so many! Bolt wasn't there though. They had the stuff up for UP.

Great Micky pictures! I'm glad you got in them!

Sounds croded! I don't like shoulder to shoulder!

Great update! Now I should really get busy and work on mine!

I made sure I got in a lot of character pictures this year. I'm not crazy about how I look in photos, but I wanted people looking at my pictures to know I was actually ON the trip! I was in so few pictures last time.

What a great character interaction! Those memories are definitely what make a Disney vacation so magical. :wizard: But I can't believe the size of the crowd! Hopefully I lightened up later on.
Great update! Looking forward to more. :goodvibes

What a great character interaction! Those memories are definitely what make a Disney vacation so magical. :wizard: But I can't believe the size of the crowd! Hopefully I lightened up later on.
Great update! Looking forward to more. :goodvibes

Definitely...I love it when the characters take a little extra time to play with the kids. It's a great memory!

Despite the crowd, we really were able to see and do everything we had planned. :thumbsup2

I asked the boys about doing the drawing class earlier, but they really showed no interest. I am a terrible artist...I can barely do stick figures! It looked cool as we walked by on our way out, but no takers this time.

My 11 year old draws pretty good and the 7 year old likes to draw (all things military related) :rolleyes: DH & the oldest are not artistic but were willing to go along with the two of them - probably to avoid meeting Little Einsteins, Handy Manny and doing the Little Mermaid show with me & the baby. Their class drew Goofy and I have to say that while I think the 11 year old's was the best, the other 3 did really well. They all said it was a lot of fun and would do it again next time.

I made sure I got in a lot of character pictures this year. I'm not crazy about how I look in photos, but I wanted people looking at my pictures to know I was actually ON the trip!

I made sure to get in a lot of pics this year - not too many character pics, but we did a lot of family shots. We went to Great Wolf Lodge last year and out of 150 or so photos, I was in maybe 10 of them. I need to learn to let go of the fact that I don't like the way I look in pics.

My 11 year old draws pretty good and the 7 year old likes to draw (all things military related) :rolleyes: DH & the oldest are not artistic but were willing to go along with the two of them - probably to avoid meeting Little Einsteins, Handy Manny and doing the Little Mermaid show with me & the baby. Their class drew Goofy and I have to say that while I think the 11 year old's was the best, the other 3 did really well. They all said it was a lot of fun and would do it again next time.

I made sure to get in a lot of pics this year - not too many character pics, but we did a lot of family shots. We went to Great Wolf Lodge last year and out of 150 or so photos, I was in maybe 10 of them. I need to learn to let go of the fact that I don't like the way I look in pics.

I'm glad they enjoyed the drawing class. I wish my 12 year old would have tried it..he loves to draw and doodle. Oh well, maybe next time!

I agree....it's less about how we look and more about being part of the memory! :thumbsup2

Mommytothreeboys you must be really beautiful in person because I think your photos are great! I wish I looked as fresh as you do when I am at the world! All that humidity plays games with my hair!

Loved the latest update! I am also loving that you guys got both Mr. & Mrs. Incredible at the same time! :thumbsup2 We only got Mrs. Incredible, but still a cool experience. The family portrait is really cute also. Good job on getting some AWESOME pics!

Uh-oh....I hope Dan is ok! :confused:

Great "Incredibiles" pictures! I love the posing shot! :thumbsup2

Sorcerer Mickey ones are cute too!

I have never seen LMA, but I'm gonna go out on a limb and guess that a family of all boys (and one mom of course) loved it!!! :laughing: My husband and Dad have seen it and they loved it, but I've only seen the portions that you can catch when you are on the Backlot Tour (zzzzzz)! LOL!

Sara

Great pics from Hollywood Studios!!! Love the one posing with Mr. Incredible there, how cute. We're bummed we didn't get to spend as much time as we would have like to at HS. The day we picked for it was HOT and CROWDED!!!! That's ok, next year we'll have a full day planned!!!!!

Hey Missy! I was a couple of pages behind because we were gone camping over the weekend. We catch ourselves still saying MGM Studios because that's what it was when we started visiting WDW.

I sure hope that the Hollywood Studio crowds aren't really bad when we go in August. I'm afraid that it will be because I have it scheduled on a Fantasmic day. As we all know, the Fantasmic schedule has been cut down which makes me antsy about the crowds on our Hollywood Studios day.

We've seen the Incredibles characters a couple of times and they always seem to interact with the guests more than some of the other characters. We got to see Frozone in 2007 and he did some cool poses with the kids.

I look forward to reading more about your Hollywood Studios visit.

Great photos with the characters and the imagineer activities. I really enjoy your TR!!!! We have never been to that animation place, what is it officially called again? when I read these TRs and PTRs I get so many great ideas!!! I know my kids would LOVE this. Wow on the crowds. But I am glad it was the only day you felt :crowded:

Looking forward to more!!!! :thumbsup2

Mommytothreeboys you must be really beautiful in person because I think your photos are great! I wish I looked as fresh as you do when I am at the world! All that humidity plays games with my hair!

Awww....you're sweet! :hug:

Loved the latest update! I am also loving that you guys got both Mr. & Mrs. Incredible at the same time! :thumbsup2 We only got Mrs. Incredible, but still a cool experience. The family portrait is really cute also. Good job on getting some AWESOME pics!

Yeah..we were pretty excited. We hadn't seen them at all on our last trip so it was cool that we were able to catch them this time! :cool1:

Uh-oh....I hope Dan is ok! :confused:

Great "Incredibiles" pictures! I love the posing shot! :thumbsup2

Sorcerer Mickey ones are cute too!

I have never seen LMA, but I'm gonna go out on a limb and guess that a family of all boys (and one mom of course) loved it!!! :laughing: My husband and Dad have seen it and they loved it, but I've only seen the portions that you can catch when you are on the Backlot Tour (zzzzzz)! LOL!

Sara

OH YEAH...loud motors, explosions, and car chases...what's not to LOVE! :love:

Great pics from Hollywood Studios!!! Love the one posing with Mr. Incredible there, how cute. We're bummed we didn't get to spend as much time as we would have like to at HS. The day we picked for it was HOT and CROWDED!!!! That's ok, next year we'll have a full day planned!!!!!

That stinks because HS has a lot to offer. It's not my favorite, mostly because I always feel like I do a ton of walking and backtracking, but it definitely has some cool stuff!

Hey Missy! I was a couple of pages behind because we were gone camping over the weekend. We catch ourselves still saying MGM Studios because that's what it was when we started visiting WDW.

I sure hope that the Hollywood Studio crowds aren't really bad when we go in August. I'm afraid that it will be because I have it scheduled on a Fantasmic day. As we all know, the Fantasmic schedule has been cut down which makes me antsy about the crowds on our Hollywood Studios day.

We've seen the Incredibles characters a couple of times and they always seem to interact with the guests more than some of the other characters. We got to see Frozone in 2007 and he did some cool poses with the kids.

I look forward to reading more about your Hollywood Studios visit.

I guess "crowded" is all in the eye of the beholder as well. We felt like it was crowded, but we're used to nice, low crowds! If you go at a busier time, I'm sure what we experienced would seem pretty normal!

We only saw Frozone in the Block Party Bash parade. Cool that you met him!

Great photos with the characters and the imagineer activities. I really enjoy your TR!!!! We have never been to that animation place, what is it officially called again? when I read these TRs and PTRs I get so many great ideas!!! I know my kids would LOVE this. Wow on the crowds. But I am glad it was the only day you felt :crowded:

Looking forward to more!!!! :thumbsup2

It's in the Animation Building. It's just past the Playhouse Disney building....kind of at the back. The tour is called the Magic of Disney Animation Tour. You do the 10-15 minute tour and then they drop you in the interactive/meet and greet area where you can stay as long as you like.

I love the character meet n greets! I want to do many more of these when we go in November. It's my older sister's first time there, so I know she'll want to get this in! I also have never done the Disney Animation Studios before! I really want to do this, as well as try to get to the drawing part. I'm a horrible artist, too, but this is an experience I just can't pass up! I'm happy that you guys were able to navigate the crowds! HS was pretty full according to your photos! I really don't like crowds either, but I can usually manage.

I can't wait for your next update! I'm hoping that Dan doesn't get too sick......:eek:

We are not used to crowds either. We usually go toward the middle of Dec. and it is not crowded. Well, it was last Dec. when we went. It does take away a little from the experience when you are used to no lines and no crowds. We didn't try the drawing either. We were too busy seeing all the characters.

Jeff and I went to WDW on our honeymoon in 1992, I know, that was a LONG time ago. We’re old...technically, but you’re only as old as you feel! :)

:goodvibes and congrats on 17 yrs of marriage!

The line for Bolt was deceiving!

yes as you read in my TR...we encountered the same thing....

The older boys were still playing with the cool stuff.....I really didn’t see all of it, but there were computers everywhere and you could do fun stuff like animate your own characters, do voice-overs, etc.

I have not done really any of that stuff....glad to know it's fun....have to put that on the list for next yr! :thumbsup2

Image100.jpg

nice picture!

ThursdayDHS--Disney200929.jpg

Great family shot! I love feeling like a kid and getting in there too....it's just as fun for the big-kids like us too!

We had learned by now, that it was WAY easier to order if only one person went to the register and ordered for everyone. I took to writing down what each person wanted, from beverage to dessert, and being ready to just rattle it all off when asked. The CM’s seemed to appreciate this and it definitely made the process faster!

we do that too...but take one kid (generally Aldine to help w/ trays)...but duh! it had never occurred to me to write it down for myself or DH....note to self :teacher: thanks Missy!

At this point, we had been eating at WDW for 4 days and we kept telling the boys to make smart choices concerning beverages etc. We urged them to get water or juice instead of soda for each meal...I know we’re on vacation, but your body can only handle so much before it begins to rebel. Keep that in mind for later!

so true...that's why I like the kid meals can come w/ applesauce and jello cups...more ways of getting liquids in...I can see how it can be more a challange w/ the older kids....hope Dan doesn't get to sick :sick:

looking forward to more!

J-

Hi Missy!! I love that you & Jeff got in on the character pictures!! That's something Tim & I didn't do and I regret! Oh well... there's always next time, right? :confused3

I want to see AMY hugging Mickey during the next trip! :laughing:

I love the character meet n greets! I want to do many more of these when we go in November. It's my older sister's first time there, so I know she'll want to get this in! I also have never done the Disney Animation Studios before! I really want to do this, as well as try to get to the drawing part. I'm a horrible artist, too, but this is an experience I just can't pass up! I'm happy that you guys were able to navigate the crowds! HS was pretty full according to your photos! I really don't like crowds either, but I can usually manage.

I can't wait for your next update! I'm hoping that Dan doesn't get too sick......:eek:

Meeting the characters is definitely fun! I think I enjoy it as much as the kids! LOL! :rotfl: I do okay in crowds, but keeping Jeff happy is a little more challenging! He really doesn't like the shoulder to shoulder stuff and we hit it quite a bit this day. :headache:

We are not used to crowds either. We usually go toward the middle of Dec. and it is not crowded. Well, it was last Dec. when we went. It does take away a little from the experience when you are used to no lines and no crowds. We didn't try the drawing either. We were too busy seeing all the characters.

I wish I could draw, but I just wasn't gifted in that area! Oh well! :goodvibes

looking forward to more!

J-

Hi Julie! The poor food and drink choices do catch up with Dan eventually...but it takes a few days. Unfortunately he ends up missing out on some fun stuff. If only they would listen...we've been around the block a time or two! (It's easier when they are smaller..I could make the choices FOR them, but now that they are getting older, we are trying to teach them good habits and then let them make their choices. Sometimes that's tough!)

I want to see AMY hugging Mickey during the next trip! :laughing:

That would be AWESOME! How 'bout it Amy?? ;)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter