"Hello? I'm in the Carousel of Progress.."*UD1/13pg74"All Good Things...*

Thanks for your thoughts about TSI. I have wanted my DDs to go on the last 2 trips. They always chose somewhere else. This time I am making them go.:rotfl2: I really think they will like it. I know I will.

We liked Pecos Bills as well. The computerized system sounds easy. Did you have to swipe your card or something, so that they knew you were on the DP?

Wow, you guys have been efficient! Sounds like you had a ball. I remember loving TSI as a kid and Ian saw a picture of a little boy with a gun in another TR the other day and said, "I want to go there!":rotfl: We'll definitely be checking it out.

I love CM's like Omar! They remind me of old school CMs who were always like that. I noticed they seem to be a rare commodity these days, but seeing people like that just makes ya smile :)

Peco's Bill sounds like quite the adventure! Glad to hear the food was good.

Looking forward to your next installment!

Thanks for all the great pictures! My DD7 is reading along with me and says "please send us more writing about you and your family". We are enjoying your TR!:hippie:

All caught up Missy!! LOVED the story behind your TR title!! We rode the Carousel of Progress. We all really enjoyed it and Ally is STILL singing the song!! I also loved the pics from your O'hana breakfast. I got all teary reading it--I miss the Poly so much!!

Hi Becky! Thanks so much! We like to break out into "There's a great, big beautiful tomorrow....." on occasion as well! The Poly really was beautiful and maybe someday I'll be able to stay there. :)

Walt would have loved to hear this, I'm sure! ;)

We feel the same way about Pecos Bill's... if only there were a few more large tables! Five is too many for one and not enough for two!

You have done a lot!

Kathy

I think the biggest problem was the chaotic crowd.....just bad timing I think!

We've never been to TSI...not to sure we'd really care for it since we have no children. Perhaps one time we'll check it out! Glad you got a chance to update...I'm enjoying reading your trip report! I'm trying to finish mine...I took a break, but I'm back on the ball now! :thumbsup2:goodvibes

I'm not sure how it would be with no kids, but I KNOW my DH would still love it. He's just a little boy in a big boy's body! ;)

So I know it's really late in the TR but I'm subbing now!! You're family is so sweet and your TR is easily holding me over to my own vacation. Update soon!

Hi and WELCOME!!! :goodvibes:goodvibes It's never too late to join in!

I love that you appreciate the little things about Disney!!! Omar sounds like he was just great!!! We get a kick out of TSI too! My first memory of Disney was going across the barrell bridge (I was 2ish). I was scared to death at that time!

TSI is just a great place to have fun, I'm glad you enjoyed it!!!

We are thinking of staying at POR in October, so I really enjoy hearing what you think of it too!! :thumbsup2

We really enjoy POR....you can PM me if you have any specific questions!

Thanks for your thoughts about TSI. I have wanted my DDs to go on the last 2 trips. They always chose somewhere else. This time I am making them go.:rotfl2: I really think they will like it. I know I will.

We liked Pecos Bills as well. The computerized system sounds easy. Did you have to swipe your card or something, so that they knew you were on the DP?

I think the girls would like TSI. The great thing is you can stay as long or as little time as you want.

We did swipe the card to pay for the meals..then just picked them up at the counter in front when our number was called. I don't know if any other CS place has this option...this was the only place we saw it on our trip.

Wow, you guys have been efficient! Sounds like you had a ball. I remember loving TSI as a kid and Ian saw a picture of a little boy with a gun in another TR the other day and said, "I want to go there!":rotfl: We'll definitely be checking it out.

Ian will love it! The caves are so fun! (and nice and cool!)

I love CM's like Omar! They remind me of old school CMs who were always like that. I noticed they seem to be a rare commodity these days, but seeing people like that just makes ya smile :)

Peco's Bill sounds like quite the adventure! Glad to hear the food was good.

Looking forward to your next installment!

Bringing up Omar still makes us smile! :) WDW did good when they hired him! :thumbsup2

Thanks for all the great pictures! My DD7 is reading along with me and says "please send us more writing about you and your family". We are enjoying your TR!:hippie:

Welcome aboard! Nice to have you along! :goodvibes Stay tuned for more!

I'm really enjoying your TR! :)

Thank you and :welcome:

TSI is still on my to do list. We didn't make it there this time - even though I had really hoped we would. :sad2: Looks like all of the boys had fun!

Great update, I am definitely going to Tom Sawyer Island on our next trip, I wanted to do it this trip, but you know, there is just so much to do!

Thanks for all of the great pics of TSI. We have never really visted before because we never had kids and didn't feel the need to check it out. Now, our little guy is probably too small to enjoy it, but I can't wait until he is older to watch him explore it.

TSI is still on my to do list. We didn't make it there this time - even though I had really hoped we would. :sad2: Looks like all of the boys had fun!

There's always next time! I think your boys would really enjoy it! :thumbsup2

Great update, I am definitely going to Tom Sawyer Island on our next trip, I wanted to do it this trip, but you know, there is just so much to do!

I hear ya! That's why we keep going back, right?!! ;)

Thanks for all of the great pics of TSI. We have never really visted before because we never had kids and didn't feel the need to check it out. Now, our little guy is probably too small to enjoy it, but I can't wait until he is older to watch him explore it.

That's the fun of being a mom...seeing the world through their eyes. Be sure to take time to do that because they grow up so fast...believe me!

It sounds like you all had fun at TSI. We have never been over there. It just has never sounded like my kind of thing. I want to use a computerized ordering system. That sounds like fun.

It sounds like you all had fun at TSI. We have never been over there. It just has never sounded like my kind of thing. I want to use a computerized ordering system. That sounds like fun.

That computerized ordering was really cool! I wonder if Pecos Bill's was a testing site and they are considering putting them in all the CS places? :confused3

So after eating lunch at Pecos Bill's we headed off to Splash Mountain to use our FP. YAY! :yay: Then we just worked our way slowly back through Frontierland to find ourselves a spot for the parade. We found a great spot right in front of the gift shop next to the Shooting Arcade...the CM at the little kiosk showed us where the rope would go, so we sat and waited for them to come along and rope the street off. The boys did end up visiting the Frontierland Arcade while we waited...something that we had not done on our last trip.

We were patiently waiting, when off in the distance...what do we hear???

It's OMAR! He is making his famous sound effects as he directs people off the parade route. Too funny...if only everyone loved their jobs as much as our buddy Omar! ;)

As a parade really speaks for itself, I'm going to let pictures of this one do just that!

Here we are waiting for the parade to start. We bought some drinks and just sat and enjoyed people watching....except for Isaiah. Bet you can't guess how he passed the time!
WednesdayMK-Disney200956.jpg

WednesdayMK-Disney200957.jpg

If you guessed that he TOOK A NAP....You are the WINNER!! :rotfl:
WednesdayMK-Disney200955.jpg

The reason we took this picture is because the family picked to be the Grand Marshals were from Rochester! It really IS a small world! (Sorry!) :rolleyes1
WednesdayMK-Disney200958.jpg

Keep in mind as you look at these pics that Jeff was in charge of picture taking for the parade. It was really nice to just sit and enjoy it, so I was grateful that he offered!

WednesdayMK-Disney200959.jpg

WednesdayMK-Disney200960.jpg

WednesdayMK-Disney200961.jpg

Jeff's Favorite!

WednesdayMK-Disney200962.jpg

WednesdayMK-Disney200963.jpg

My Favorite!!
WednesdayMK-Disney200964.jpg

WednesdayMK-Disney200965.jpg

WednesdayMK-Disney200966.jpg

WednesdayMK-Disney200967.jpg

Ok.....remember I told you Jeff was taking the pictures? Well....he did a GREAT job.....however, we did get this little gem of a photo! :lmao:
WednesdayMK-Disney200970.jpg

Back to the parade!

WednesdayMK-Disney200968.jpg

WednesdayMK-Disney200969.jpg

WednesdayMK-Disney200971.jpg

WednesdayMK-Disney200973.jpg

WednesdayMK-Disney200972.jpg

WednesdayMK-Disney200974.jpg

As the parade finished up, we left Frontierland and strolled down Main Street with a very specific mission. Isaiah has a date with a pair of scissors! Stay tuned!

Thanks for reading!

Love those pictures! After hearing about (and experiencing) so much rain, I'm so excited to see the blue skies!

I love the armpit photo! :rotfl:

Seriously though, the parade looks very nice - we have yet to see that one!

Love that you could hear Omar!! :goodvibes

Oooo...haircut coming up? FUN!! (Only in Disney would I think a haircut could be considered fun! :rolleyes:) :banana::banana:

Sara

Love those pictures! After hearing about (and experiencing) so much rain, I'm so excited to see the blue skies!

We had GORGEOUS weather! Before all the rain....whew! :goodvibes

I love the armpit photo! :rotfl:

Me too....it's right up there as one of my faves! It's a good thing that CM shaved that morning! LOL! :rotfl:

Seriously though, the parade looks very nice - we have yet to see that one!

Love that you could hear Omar!! :goodvibes

I wish I could have packaged him up and brought him home as a souvenir! :rotfl2:

Oooo...haircut coming up? FUN!! (Only in Disney would I think a haircut could be considered fun! :rolleyes:) :banana::banana:

Sara

LOL! A root canal at Disney could be fun...oh wait...that's taking it a bit too far! :rolleyes:

Great Photos. Your seats look perfect. :cool1:

I love Mary Poppins. Too bad she wasn't facing you.

Cool a haircut. I don't know much about this.

:rotfl2: That armpit photo made me laugh out loud! LOVE your writing style! I'm really enjoying your TR. Staying tuned for the next installment... :surfweb:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter