Hello From Vestal, NY

orcasandowls

Earning My Ears
Hi everyone! My name is Erin. I'm 23, I live in Vestal, NY, and I'm a Disney addict!

I live with my two housemates, a married couple, and their two children. It's a strange domestic set up, but it works for us. But as much as I love them, they're not the people I go to Disney World with.

I've been going to Disney World since before I can remember. One of my first clear memories is of sitting in my grandmother's lap on Main Street in the Magic Kingdom. We went to Disney World for Christmas most years, Easter sometimes, and the occasional summer trip. I couldn't tell you how many times I've been there, but sometimes it feels like I grew up at Disney World. And yes, I know how lucky I am to have gone so many times!

I'm here on the boards because my family is in the middle of planning our next trip. We're going to see the Mouse from March 3rd to March 10th, 2012. It will be our first family vacation in about 4 years. This trip will be even more special because my parents have told my sister and I that this is probably it, at least for the foreseeable future. I'm really excited to get to spend time with them, as we live far apart. I generally see them about once every six months, barring a crisis. I talk or text with my Mom most every day, but it's not the same as spending time face to face. And spending time face to face, in Walt Disney World? Even better!

So that is my overly long intro post. I just wanted to say hello, but I got off track! I'm looking forward to getting all sorts of info from the boards, and to making all sorts of new friends!

10.gif

Thank you for a warm welcome!

And nothing could be better than everyone going to WDW together......

This is very true. I'd love to go with all of them to the World sometime, it'd be an epic trip. A more realistic goal is an eventual trip to WDW with the housemates and their kids. I'd love to see everything through a kid's eyes again!

We are very close to you. We are between Syracuse and Binghamton! Enjoy your upcoming trip and welcome to the DIS!

Welcome, from Norwich! Just a hop, skip, and a jump away from Vestal! :)

We are very close to you. We are between Syracuse and Binghamton! Enjoy your upcoming trip and welcome to the DIS

Welcome, from Norwich! Just a hop, skip, and a jump away from Vestal!

Well, hello neighbors. Isn't Florida a great escape from the weather around here? ;)

I am a SUNY Binghamton alumni (well they call it Binghamton University now). I miss Vestal!

Welcome aboard and enjoy WDW in March!

Thank you for a warm welcome!

This is very true. I'd love to go with all of them to the World sometime, it'd be an epic trip. A more realistic goal is an eventual trip to WDW with the housemates and their kids. I'd love to see everything through a kid's eyes again!

We're at the point in our lives that we're seeing WDW thru the eyes of our grandchildren.....last 2 trips were with our daughter and son in law and baby granddaughter...1st trip she was 9 months......and loved it.....last trip she was 1yr and 3 months......and a complete difference...oh, how she loves Disney...looking ahead to more great trips with them....

Enjoy what you have when you can.....and with WDW, anyone you're with is a great time for all to behold....making memories, one by one....

Welcome from another neighbor. We are in Horseheads, NY about an hour west of Vestal. In fact I lived in Vestal for six or so years myself. We are avid Disney fans. so much so our dd(10) will be there for her 12th visit this April. Welcome.

I am a SUNY Binghamton alumni (well they call it Binghamton University now). I miss Vestal!

I'm a current SUNY Binghamton student, we live right down the parkway from BU. I love the school, it's why I moved to the area to begin with.
We're at the point in our lives that we're seeing WDW thru the eyes of our grandchildren.....last 2 trips were with our daughter and son in law and baby granddaughter...1st trip she was 9 months......and loved it.....last trip she was 1yr and 3 months......and a complete difference...oh, how she loves Disney...looking ahead to more great trips with them....

I imagine seeing it all through a kid's eyes again is just so much fun. There are so many details you start to overlook as an adult, and kids just want to stop and look around and take everything in. The girls I live with are two and a half, and I know they'd love the World. One day, when we can all afford it. For now, I'll just dream! That's in the Disney spirit, right? :goodvibes

Welcome from another neighbor. We are in Horseheads, NY about an hour west of Vestal. In fact I lived in Vestal for six or so years myself. We are avid Disney fans. so much so our dd(10) will be there for her 12th visit this April. Welcome.

Sounds like your DD is growing up the way I did: in Disney World! I remember a surprise trip when I was around 10. So much fun!

Welcome from Owego, NY!
We are an avid Disney family here that are oh so close to you!

We have friends in Owego. Pretty little town. I hope you guys didn't get hit too hard by the flood.

Again, thank you all so much for a warm welcome. I'd have started posting ages ago if I realized how easy it was to feel like part of the community here! :)

HI and welcome from Long Island.

My brother in law and his family are from Vestal. My younger niece is about 4 years older than you, but I imagine you've probably crossed paths with one or the other.

I live in Port Crane, just a short drive from Vestal. Just got back form my 17th trip to Disney! Welcome to the group. :)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter