• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Hello from the Grand Cayman Island

Live From the Magic

Earning My Ears
Well yesterday was another beautiful day at sea. it was a great day to swim, play games, race veggie cars...... Last night was formal night. It was with the character and not the captain. Everyone was in tux, even Goofy and Donald. I think Chip and Dale were the cuetest. Our servers in Animator's Palate wore thier animator's palate vest instead of the formal dress we usually see on Formal night. We had the Animator's Palate menu and they did do the "picture show". I have heard that we will still have lobster on Thursday.

We are tendering at the Grand Cayman island, so DCL is doing the same thing as was done in Key West. If you are not on a shore excursion, you need to go to the Walt Disney Theater and pickup a sticker and a ferry ticket. When they call your character, you will be able to board the tender boats.

Also in the bay with us is a Celebrity Cruiseline ship and the Carnival Sensation.

Well guys, I am off to see the island via the "Island Tour"
excursion. I will try to check back with you guys later.

In January we are thinking of doing the "Land and Sea Island Tour" so we can see the stingrays, too (the one you don't have to swim with them).

Tina :)

one of my friends id cruising with you on the magic, her name is cindy van den heuvel and can you leave a message for her...
greetings from Stephan it is 250 and not 25 USD..... thanks so much in advance and have a great trip..

Stephan

My favorite radio station from back home is on your ship!
DRQ from Detroit.
Say hi to Jay and the mornign revolution for me if you see them!

Kamy

In GC and Key West, if you don't have an excursion booked, can you wait a while until the crowds clear and then just walk off the ship (or tender in GC?) Or do you still have to go the the theatre and get a sticker?

What if we have booked an excursion on own...not through DCL? I am afraid if we have to wait, we'll miss our connection.

ROBIN:
Did you tender in at Key West on this trip?

When we went to Key West in 2001 on Royal Caribbean and in 1999 (when we could not go to Castaway Cay because Hurricane Floyd had damaged it) on the DISNEY MAGIC and both times we were docked at a pier and could walk on and off the ship.

Jan :earsgirl:

Thanks Dave for the location where Robin made that report!

All I saw about this cruise was this thread and in her first posting here she says
"We are tendering at the Grand Cayman island, so DCL is doing the same thing as was done in Key West."
which made me think they tendered at Key West.

Jan :earsgirl:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter