Hello from snowy Minnesota!

wildfan1473

DIS Veteran
Hello all! I discovered this board a few weeks ago and have been lurking around, and I decided to join in on the fun! DH and I, with my parents, are planning on taking our 2 boys, 3 1/2 and 6, to WDW in Oct 2009 for their first time. I've been to WDW in 1980 and 1982, and I forced DH to go for our honeymoon in 1999 (poor guy!). I lived in southern CA for a few years and went to Disneyland and California Adventures several times, including Grad Nite in 1991.

Looking forward to "meeting" all of you!

:welcome: Glad you decided to join! You'll find lots of interesting info on the boards:thumbsup2 It is never too early to plan!

welcome-1-1.jpg
From a fellow DISer who lives in Minnesota!!

We are going to WDW in October 2008. I have never planned this far in advance for a trip and I think it just might drive me crazy having to wait so long!

There is just so much info here!

Welcome to the boards!!! We too are planning our "first" childrens trip for next year! CANT WAIT!!! Enjoy the boards and have a blast planning ur upcoming trip! :goodvibes

:welcome: from an old Minnesotian. I sure don't miss all the snow!

We have family there and go for a visit every other year. Last year we rented a cabin at a resort for a week and had a blast with my parents and siblings fishing, boating and swimming. That's the one thing I really miss - being so near many lakes.

Welcome to the boards. :)

Hello from Rochester Minnesota, WILL THIS SNOW EVER STOP!
Heading to WDW in October 2008, seems so far away

Hello from St. Paul! :santa:

My wife I have been going around the first week of October for the past three years now. You'll love it. The only problem is that spring will fell like it is over once you got back....

Welcome!!1 You'll get lots of great info here. It's very addicting!

I visited Minneapolis for a convention in November and loved it! What a friendly state and wonderful people!

Thank you all for such a wonderful, warm welcome!

Snork, we have always gone in October, I think almost every time - it is such a beautiful time of year, and the crowds are small. We only picked October this time, though, so we can go over MEA break, otherwise I wanted to go in January or February, but it will be too hard to be gone for 7-10 days at that time with the kids in school.

I'll be traveling to beautiful Minneapolis later this week. Besides snow and rain, what should I look forward to?

I am going to a conference at the Convention center.

Conan - It's supposed to be sunny, yet windy, and in the mid-40's through Thursday, but then it's either going to snow or rain on Thursday and Friday - it's too early to tell which yet. Usually, though, the weather forcast isn't too reliable more than 24 hours out.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter