Hello from Ohio!

WebmasterBarry

DIS Veteran
I am currently at an Internet station at COSI (I miss my computer :( ) and I thought I would take a quick look at the boards. I am going to Cedar Point in a few hours and I will ride Millenium Force just for you (and just for me!).

See you when I return! :)

We are going to cedar point in a couple of weeks and I was wondering where we should stay(just one night) and do they have any "express" type lines?? If you have any info on this or other Cedar Point tips, I'd love to hear- Enjoy your trip! :D

Look forward to your trip report.

We are also thinking about hitting the Point this summer and it would be great to have some feedback on what is good and bad. And yes there is a think as a bad coaster. Enjoy your air time

Hi Barry!

Can't wait to hear what you throught! Hope it was great!I'm so jealous!!!

Express lines at CP? No. We wish.

To get on Millennium Force they have a tradition called "Running with the bulls." Everyone gets there early before the gate opens. They stand behind a rope. When the park opens, the rope drops and everyone RUNS to MF like you wouldn't believe. You get one walk on ride, a 30 minute wait ride, then it's 2 hours until the park closes, even at midnight. CP is completely different from anything you've ever seen. It's the super bowl of roller coasters. MF is like nothing you've ever ridden. The speed is what makes it so cool. 92 Miles per hour is such a rush. You fall down the first drop. I wish IOA could get around the height restrictions and build an Intamin Giga coaster.

To answer your question about staying one night, depends on how much money you want to spend. They have cheap hotels like DaysInn on the road leading to the point. You can visit sites like www.daysinn.com or www.comfortinn.com. Or you can go to www.cedarpoint.com and see their hotels. They have one on site called The Breakers, and one at the entrance to the island called Breakers Express (cheaper). But one night? You'll be rushed.

They do have a twilight rate at 4pm. Goto www.cedarpoint.com and order their coupon book, it's free, you might get it in time. They have lots of hotel suggestions in there with coupons.

Good idea is to do the twilight rate your first night, buy your ticket for the next day, then be at the gate an hour before the park opens.

I'm sure Barry is having a great time. And I'm sure he will agree with me on my wish for a Giga coaster at IOA.

Have fun Barry! Looking forward to your opinion on the coasters!

Thanks Robvia for that CP info-I guess we will run with the bulls! Maybe I'll increase my workout time this week and improve my chances of an initial minimal wait ha-ha and actually we are only spending one night, but two FULL days! Just wish I didn't have to spend so much time waiting in lines! I'm sure we will have a great time though:)

Aloha Barry,

MF - are you :crazy: ?

Wasn't the Hulk enough? As your self-appointed foster mother I forbid you to ride the MF. Do you hear me?(Why do I feel you aren't listening?)

Have fun, but please take care. At least, hold on. No hands in the air!

Donna

they have a parent swap at CP, get your pass on the way in where you buy tyour ticket. even if you have no kids when two adults ride hand them you swap pass then you both go up again to the exit, use two different names just in case. also they do have a fast pass for mf, but people run to the fast pass machine in the morn then get in line and ride. stay at the breaker towers as you can walk in the park from there, there is a tgif and ice cream shop and indoor and outdoor pool there. if you want cheaper go to the breakers express, you have to drive in from the express or there might be a shuttle. big outdoor pool at the express and the hotel is one year old and nice. go to a CP site for detailed info. also make a resv. or the hotel you want may be full. have fun

Were you at Coastermania Barry???? I was there! I hope you got alot of rides on Millenium Force :)
You weren't wearing a Florida Coaster Club shirt by chance were you?

Speaking of the Point,

Does anyone know where to go to get ride reviews. Would like to develop a potential itinerary so we can make sure we try to hit the must do's.

While we are in the area will also probably be hitting SFWO. Similar request.

Originally posted by larworth
Look forward to your trip report.

We are also thinking about hitting the Point this summer and it would be great to have some feedback on what is good and bad. And yes there is a think as a bad coaster. Enjoy your air time

I thought Distaster Transport was pretty bad. Mean Streak was really painful to ride.

Originally posted by joeysbomb
Were you at Coastermania Barry???? I was there! I hope you got alot of rides on Millenium Force :)
You weren't wearing a Florida Coaster Club shirt by chance were you?

I was at Coastermania with my FLCC shirt. Boy, was it cold! I rode MF 7 times, 3 in the rain! :)

I DID see you then Barry! Wish I would have gotten a chance to chat with you though!

As for the question about ride reviews--- www.coasterbuzz.com rates all of the coasters.

So....we wanna know how you liked Millenium Force? That first drop is unbelievable!

I didn't think much of MF until I rode it a 2nd time during ERT. The coaster is extremely smooth (unlike Mean Streak, which was pretty painful). The first drop is great -- you feel like you're coming out of the seat. There's also some good airtime.

As for comparing it to the Hulk, both coasters are two different experiences and hard to compare. MF has speed, while the Hulk is an intense ride.

Aloha Barry,
We got your post card of MF today and Ohai must not ride it!!!:eek: And you must stop putting such ideas in his head!;) I am beginning to think that you are a bad influence...LOL
Tell me that at least you did not put your hands up while riding MF????
Donna

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter