• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Hello from NC!

NicInNC

Mouseketeer
I've been posting for some time now, but have never formally introduced myself. I guess it's about time.

I'm Nicole. I'm 30 years old and have been married to my wonderful husband for 12 years. Yes, I got married young. He was one of my best friends in high school and when I got dumped by my then boyfriend my junior year right before my prom, I asked my DH to take me to my prom. I NEVER imagined I would fall in love with him. It was scary at first because he was like a brother to me and I felt like I wasn't allowed to like him! It all went from there and I married him 2 months after I graduated high school. I have NO regrets. :o)

We always said we'd wait two years before having children and sure enough, two years later, we had our first daughter. Our 2nd daughter came 19 months later. I wanted twins and since I didn't have them, I figured the best I could do was have them close in age. Sometimes I think that was a mistake because they fight 90% of the time! I'm not used to that as my sister and I are 9 years apart and growing up, we didn't have much to do with each other.

My oldest dd turned 10 TODAY! She just opened her one gift (a tinkerbell hoodie). We also bought her a digital camera, but she can't open that until daddy gets home from work this afternoon. We're mean like that.

We have 3 dogs. Cricket the sheltie, Boris the rescued greyhound and Mandie the cocker spaniel/eskimo spitz that we rescued from an abandoned home. Our dd's have a hamster and a gerbil. I love animals and would have a lot more, but DH would choke me. LOL He complains enough about our dogs being indoor dogs (something he said he would NEVER allow...lol), so I don't push it!

DH works for a company that makes stuff that goes into cables and I work in the medical field (I'm a phlebotomist...think Vampire.).

I was born in Ft. Lauderdale, Florida. So, you can imagine that I've been to WDW before. We went quite often when I was a small child. We moved to Spartanburg, SC when I was 5 and then to NC when I was 10. I think the last time I was at WDW was when I was either 8 or 9.

My DH went when he was younger, but they only went for a day. He had a relative that lived in Florida, so they took a day trip to WDW (they left around 5pm). This is where I should explain that DH never really got to experience WDW. His family is very BLAH. They get excited over NOTHING. He remembers WDW as being boring and not a lot to do. He has no clue what Disney really is. He's not really excited over this trip because he just doesn't understand the big deal and he can't figure out why I'm so excited.

Our DD's have never been to WDW. They know NOTHING about our trip. For a while now I've been talking about going in October. They think that althe time I spend on this website and all the talking I've done about WDW is because I'm planning for our October trip. This was a very spur of the moment trip...I decided on Christmas Day that we were going to go this month. Hubby was very reluctant at first, but the poor guy knows how persistent I am, so he's just gone along with me. I then decided that we would stay at Ft. Wilderness since DH LOVES camping. We own a pop up, so this was working out great!

We're leaving Saturday afternoon, driving to southern Ga to stay overnight and then we are to arrive at Fort Wilderness on Sunday. I've got a post in another forum explaining how we're "telling" our DD's about the trip:

http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=1679166

So, that's about it I guess!

Hey! Where about in NC are you? I'm nearish Raleigh. I just went to WDW for the first time over T-giving, and I am hooked LOL dh laughs at me. He has decided since I never went as a child, I had no "immunity" built up.

:welcome: to the boards Nicole!! Have a great trip and it sounds like you will show DH how exciting WDW is:goodvibes.

Greetings from Burlington, NC.....

Phlebotomist caught my eye...I've been a lab rat in microbiology for 18 years! DH and I love WDW, and I started checking out the DIS when we booked a cruise for Oct 08!!

We have 5 "children"...2 basset hounds and 3 kitties...been married for almost 16 years. All of our friends and family think we're nuts for going to Disney so much without kids, and we actually try other trips now and then, but always gravitate back to WDW. We're very excited about our first DCL trip this October.

I was born in Florida also, my parents took me to WDW right after it opened, I was 4 or 5 years old. Since then, I've never been able to shake the bug. Luckily, my husband is almost as obsessed as I am!! He tries to play it cool, but he's just like a kid when we hit the parks!!
Looking forward to meeting lots of great people on the boards!!

:earsgirl: Dawn & pirate: Jim

Hello! I'm Mary.
I live in Burlington as well but closer to Mebane. I am 31, married and have a 11 year old son in Middle School :eek:! I have been a member here since April. I was born and raised in NC. My family went to WDW once when I was 14 and we stayed off site. My husband, son and I took our first trip together this past May. Thanks to all of the DIS help we had a fabulous time! My in-laws have retired to FL so hopefully we will get down there more often.

I hope you have a fun-filled trip Nicole! :thumbsup2

Thanks for the warm welcome everyone! I'm from the Winston-Salem area for those that asked.

mjarure,

You're not far from me at all! I bought my bridesmaids dresses from the Bridal Mart in Burlington, so I've been that way a few times. :)

westyguurl,

Did you see that mjarure is from Burlington as well? So, you're a lab rat, huh? I would like to go back to school to become a Med Tech so I can actually perform the testing. I love sticking, but if I become a Med Tech, I have the option to test AND stick at my workplace. It would be nice to have change often.

Hi Nic!

My husband and I (and our house full of fur kids) live in the Raleigh area. *Wave wave*

We'll be visiting Mickey the same time you are. Can't wait to hear about your adventures!

Kellie

Howdy fellow NCers :)

Military wife here around Ft Bragg here

We are taking our first trip to WDW March 1st
We will be there for our eldest son's 6th birthday -
We will have our 18 mth old and DH
I have been to WDW when I was young so excited to go back and share with DH and DS's on their first experience.
Fingers crossed he gets hooked....

We will be driving and looking to drive for 5-6 hours and get a room and then the rest early Sat AM - any suggestions on where that will bring us?

Nice meeting everyone

Nice to meet you NicInNC and JoanneNC!! :wave2: I hope you both have a great time on your trips!!! :wizard:

NicInNC: A while ago, I saw your thread about the WDW scavenger hunt on the Happy Dance board. I think that is such a great idea!!! I contributed a poem/hint, but it was a little lame. Unfortunately, I haven't thought of any other good ones. I'll keep thinking, though!

Hello and Welcome!

I too live in NC. I live in Hillsborough (not too far from alot of you that posted earlier); and have been married for 12years to my high school sweethart. I'm so glad to see I not the only one that has been bitten by the Disney bug. DH hates when I start planning a trip b/c I have to have everything planned out. But he LOVES it when we get there. We are going again (3rd time) at the end of November. DS (4) may be able to remember this trip.

Hope you have a great trip!!

Hey to everyone in NC. I am also in the Ft Bragg area. We aren't going to WDW until Dec. but I am already super excited.

Nice to meet you NicInNC and JoanneNC!! :wave2: I hope you both have a great time on your trips!!! :wizard:

NicInNC: A while ago, I saw your thread about the WDW scavenger hunt on the Happy Dance board. I think that is such a great idea!!! I contributed a poem/hint, but it was a little lame. Unfortunately, I haven't thought of any other good ones. I'll keep thinking, though!

It wasn't lame at all! In fact, I'm USING the Ariel clue. :)

Hey fellow Tarheels! :wave2:

I'm from the outer banks of NC. I'll be at the World in 3 days. This will number 7 for us but our first time at Pop. I'm soooooo excited.

I met my husband when I was 14 years old at the Iron Steamer pier at Atlantic Beach. We went to the same high school but never actually dated until we were 24 years old. Two years later we were married. We have a DD that's 11. We love boating, beaching, and fishing....

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter