Hello from Alabama!!!!

pixie duster

Earning My Ears
Hello everyone!
I'm new here and just wanted to say hi:)

I will be planning a trip to DW in Oct 09 (just in time for free dining:yay:)

Any suggestions on how to plan a trip for me, my husband, 2 kids (10&7) and my older brother?

We have been to DW once and still have 5 days left on 4 non-exp hoppers.

My brother, who is 45 years old, has NEVER been! I'd like him to have a great time, but we may also need some privacy too.

Whats better 2 single rooms or a suite?? We have to stay on site to take advantage of the free dining.

Thanks,
PD

11.gif

HI and welcome!!!

Two rooms!!! Uncles who don't have kids probably need more room than a suite would provide. And 45 year old probably need a real bed.

First have an idea of your budget so you'll know what level of resort you want: Value, Moderate or Deluxe. (All will give you free dining, as well as perks including Disney's Magical Express-- a free ride to and from the airport) Take a look at the resort info at www.allears.com Or go to the reservations site and see what's available for your dates. If it's possible for you, you may do better on airfare if you travel midweek; I know we did.

You have some time yet, but you'll eventually want to look at the menus at allears. You can make ADRs (Advanced Dining Reservations) 90 days before your trip begins. When you get around to it, you can ask for dining recommendations.

I'm at work right now so I don't have much time to offer suggestions...I'll do that later. I just wanted to say:

ROLL TIDE!!!!

Are your kids out on fall break during that time? Mine are and we are from Alabama, too. I think as long as they keep having fall break in October, we will be going to Disney in October.

Welcome to the Dis! Just spend some time surfing around this site and you'll probably find the answers to most of your questions as well as learn some things you didn't even know you needed to know.

BTW, just have to add....

WAR EAGLE!!!!!

I'm from just outside of Birmingham, in Oak Grove.

Howdy! Fellow Alabamian here! Welcome!! :goodvibes

Your off to a good start by being on these boards.
Spend as much time as you can doing a search on the topics that are important to you.

Don't Over Plan.

Do throw you budget out the window.

Happy Planning!! Its so much fun isnt it! :woohoo:

there are several who call Alabama home!

Welcome aboard!

the food/wine festavial is happening at Epcot - so would suggest something close to Epcot.

Epcot resorts are BW, BC, YC, BCV and D&S. from these resorts you can walk or boat to both Epcot and studios. the moderate - CBR, or value - Pop century - that are close to epcot are buses only.

D&S are not disney hotels - so no free dinning with them.
these are deluxe resorts so expensive.

values have double beds, pools, and food court

moderates have double beds (except CSR - queens), pools with slides and hot tubs, a food court and generally one restuarant (POFQ does not have one).

deluxes have two queen beds and some have a day bed. more expensive by far with the most stuff at the resorts. Most deluxes are near a theme park. withing walking, boating or monrail. Anything they can't get to with walking, boating or monrail - is like the other resorts buses.

DVC deluxes are where you can have a studio, 1, 2 or 3 bedroom villa depending upon how money you want to spend.

FW cabins - are manufactured homes with a double bed and bunk beds in the bedroom, and a murphy (double) bed in the living area. These are more expensive too (but check the prices)

Values are pretty wonderfully if you are on a budget.

here is what is happening for the year - just go to the month of Oct and start clicking.

http://www.wdwinfo.com/wdwinfo/events.htm

Are your kids out on fall break during that time? Mine are and we are from Alabama, too. I think as long as they keep having fall break in October, we will be going to Disney in October.

I'm a teacher in Alabama, and the governmental powers that be are trying to force a mandantory start date on us that would eliminate fall break. :eek:

Our superintendent has made it sound like, were it to pass, it would start this school year. Let's keep our fingers crossed that it doesn't!

Hello and welcome!

Just wanted to drop a line and say hello and happy planning. You are in the right place for great advice and tips to have the most magical vacation! I too am an Alabamian. We live in Cullman, just a little north of Birmingham. We're going to Disney again this December and taking our 3 year old for the first time. He's so excited!:yay:

I'm a teacher in Alabama, and the governmental powers that be are trying to force a mandantory start date on us that would eliminate fall break. :eek:

Our superintendent has made it sound like, were it to pass, it would start this school year. Let's keep our fingers crossed that it doesn't!

I've heard that rumor, too. We already have our school calendar for next year. So, I've made ressies (actually made them before the calendar came out)...if they change it, my kids will just miss a week of school. ;)

party: :welcome: party:

Another teacher here who is going during Fall Break, October 3-10. I haven't heard the rumors about Fall Break, but hopefully they won't cancel it. (Especially when the state could use the extra tourism dollars right now!)

Oh, and WAR EAGLE!

From what I understand, it is the Tourism Bureau that's pushing the mandatory Aug. 15th date so that they can get in a little more "summer vacationing" money in. Several schools around here have already taken fall break off the calendar, or at least reduced it.

I kind of like a later start date, but I sure hate to miss fall break!

Back on topic, I would definitely pick the two rooms. Unless you really need that microwave, you definitely get more room for your money that way!

Roll Tide!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter