Hello!! Any Missouri DVCers?????

Monkey Bum said:
We were OK in Eureka. It looked like (after going out today) the freezing rain hit about 3 miles east of us. We had about 4 inches of sleet with 1 inch of snow on top.

We are in St. Peters. We probably had a little more sleet and maybe 2 inches of snow. I had to work both Thursday and Friday nights. They sent everyone home at 3pm on Thursday but because I am IT someone had to be there 24/7 and it fell to me. So I had to be in at 5pm. We had power problems all over our work campus. Trees were falling left and right. I scraped off my car 2 or 3 times through the night. Part of a big tree fell right after I walked under it. At least my guardian angel was watching over me that night. Our electrician was called in that night and poor guy got an hour of sleep. When I left in the morning water was running out of a light fixture in our lobby. :crazy: We never lost power at our house though. :thumbsup2

Glad to hear that at least a couple of DVCers in the St. Louis area fared okay. I'm glad to see all of this snow melting a little bit anyway!

Donna

I was just dusting the cobwebs off of this thread and seeing if we have any new DVCers from MO who bought into AKV? And surviving the cold :scared:

We live in Clayton and own at Hilton Head. We just got back from a 7 day eastern cruise and 4 day stay at Beach Club. Thinking about adding on at AKV.

We live in Clayton and own at Hilton Head. We just got back from a 7 day eastern cruise and 4 day stay at Beach Club. Thinking about adding on at AKV.

Welcome to the Missouri DVC'ers club.:thumbsup2
We are not adding on at the AKV. We just added on last year at SSR. We now have 200 points. It is just DH and I and that is plenty for now. Maybe some more points later but not just yet.

How is everyone??? Are you all tired of freezing to death??? I have some pictures from the ice storm and the snow from this week.

109_0979.jpg

109_0978.jpg

109_0984.jpg

My dog loves the snow. He thinks I should still stand out there and throw the frisbee to him. Just wishing for spring........:flower3:

Oh YUCK, Hixski! We just got snow this time but things looked like that after the ice storm we had mid-January. In fact, it is just now melting with this beautiful weather right now.

I have a question for other Missouri DVCers...any recommendations for a park and fly hotel near Lambert Airport? DD and I just got airfare for our March trip on AA. Not the best price at $284 RT but better than the $400-$500 it had been. I haven't flown with AA since 2001 just SWA. Do we really need to be at the airport 90 minutes before departure especially since we are flying out at 7 a.m. on a Sunday? Thanks!

Enjoy this wonderful weather!

Donna

Oh YUCK, Hixski! We just got snow this time but things looked like that after the ice storm we had mid-January. In fact, it is just now melting with this beautiful weather right now.

I have a question for other Missouri DVCers...any recommendations for a park and fly hotel near Lambert Airport? DD and I just got airfare for our March trip on AA. Not the best price at $284 RT but better than the $400-$500 it had been. I haven't flown with AA since 2001 just SWA. Do we really need to be at the airport 90 minutes before departure especially since we are flying out at 7 a.m. on a Sunday? Thanks!

Enjoy this wonderful weather!

Donna

Funny looking at these pictures that we have been almost 60 degrees the last 2 days.:crazy:

We have an airport Marriott right off hwy 70 at the airport exit. It is essentially across the highway from the main terminal. SWA is in the east terminal and just a short distance from the main terminal. There is a Hilton I believe just down the street from the Marriott. I live here is St. Louis but don't pay much attention to the hotels since I don't need them. SWA has the boarding by A B C passes. If you are there earlier you will usually get the A boarding passes. A passes board first giving you the better pick of seats. We will flying out on SWA on this Sunday but we are going to Las Vegas. We have 6 people so are planning on being there 90 minutes early. We all want to sit together if we can.

Enjoy your trip in March!!!:woohoo:

Hi Hixski! We are actually flying American this time. First time not on SWA since 2001. Do you know that you can check in and print your SWA boarding passes online 24 hours in advance if you have an e-ticket? When flying on SWA out of either STL or KC, we print our boarding passes at home and then arrive only about one hour in advance. Sit on floor in A line and get our choice of seats. I'm nervous about flying AA since the main terminal is so much bigger, had to wait on our luggage for so long the last time we flew back to STL with them, and because I was only able to get one assigned seat for the flight to Orlando now.

I've looked at the Marriott and Hilton but after reading reviews on Orbitz, tripadvisor, etc., I decided to make my reservations at Pear Tree Inn across from the airport. They have a gated parking lot.

Enjoy your trip to Las Vegas!

Donna

Hi Guys-
I forgot about this group! Glad to see it still going. Last I posted was in September and since then we have had our trip. We had a BLAST! Had a great stay at OKW, did the dining plan and loved it, and MNSSHP was awesome. The night we went it was like we had the park all to ourselves for the first couple of hours. We followed TGM's advice on our trip and it really worked out well. Our weather was great too. Now I am deep in the planning for this year's trip. We decided pretty immediately that we would go again in October. Not sure where we are staying yet, we are hoping for AKL but we'll see if it is all booked up by May or June when they are start taking non-AKL DVC reservations. Isn't today's weather wonderful? Sure beats last week:) -Rebecca

Hi Hixski! We are actually flying American this time. First time not on SWA since 2001. Do you know that you can check in and print your SWA boarding passes online 24 hours in advance if you have an e-ticket? When flying on SWA out of either STL or KC, we print our boarding passes at home and then arrive only about one hour in advance. Sit on floor in A line and get our choice of seats. I'm nervous about flying AA since the main terminal is so much bigger, had to wait on our luggage for so long the last time we flew back to STL with them, and because I was only able to get one assigned seat for the flight to Orlando now.

I've looked at the Marriott and Hilton but after reading reviews on Orbitz, tripadvisor, etc., I decided to make my reservations at Pear Tree Inn across from the airport. They have a gated parking lot.

Enjoy your trip to Las Vegas!

Donna

I wish we could print our boarding passes out early. We have a package trip with SWA. You have to check in personally.

I had forgotten about Pear Tree Inn. It is right next door to the Marriott. You forget about the hotels that are there when you never have to use them.:rotfl2: Enjoy your trip coming up. Hopefully I can come back next week and post about all the money I won in Vegas. NOT!!!:lmao:

Im glad to see so many people from missouri here. We are from O'Fallon and are currently purchasing a resale @ SSR. I had no idea this was so big. A lot of great info in these forums for people trying to decide on joining the DVC. It is very addicting! Hope to here from everyone in the future. Can't wait to "go home" for the first time as DVC members.:cool1:

Greetings from a fellow Missourian! My DW and I became owners of an interest in BWV in 2000 the BCV a couple years later. LOVE IT! But we need to start using our points more and renting them less.

Just returned last week from a 3-night Disney Wonder cruise and two nights at VWL. Absolutely wonderful trip, until the food poisoning hit me and DW. Ugh!

mucrick

Welcome to the new Missouri DVCers. We are back from Las Vegas and had a great time. I won $200 dollars playing quarter slots. But that was it. Better than nothing. We had six people in our group. We had alot of laughs and just a good time in general.

Bumping to say "Hi" to all our fellow Missouri DVCers. Checking to see if we have any new ones. Check in if you are new or just haven't been on here in awhile.:thumbsup2

Hey everyone!
A South County St. Louisan here! We own at VWL, although we always stay at OKW or SSR:confused3 . I can't believe I missed out on this thread!!! I'm on here frequently but I don't post very often....
Those that live in Dardenne Prairie - I know right where that is! My husband used to work out there back when Monsanto had a research farm in Dardenne.
I just finished making our ADR's for Nov 10-15th! My DH, DD(8) and I are taking my DH's cousins. This will be their first trip to the world - I can't wait to show them the ropes!!!!
I'd love to hear what everyone is up to these days here in the midwest!:grouphug:

P.S. Thanks Hixski, for bumping this thread!:love:

We are from Southeast Missouri. Are there any other SEMO DVC owners? I thought I would revive this thread!

Another Missouri DVCer here. We're about an hour southwest of Springfield - near Roaring River State Park and just north of the Arkansas line. Yes, we're hillbillies, but we live in gorgeous country. There aren't many DVC folks in this area! I know we're the only members in our county.

We love our BWV!

DisFlan

Another Missouri DVCer here. We're about an hour southwest of Springfield - near Roaring River State Park and just north of the Arkansas line. Yes, we're hillbillies, but we live in gorgeous country. There aren't many DVC folks in this area! I know we're the only members in our county.

We love our BWV!

DisFlan

Hi There fellow Missourian!

How do you know you are the only one in your county that owns DVC? Is there a way to find out? I would like to know if there is anyone in a close vicininty to us.

Thanks!!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter