Hello and Custom vs Intimate wedding??

Welcome to the DIS! Let's see if I can help at all.

Intimate Weddings are, in a sense, package weddings. You do not get a dinner type reception, you get a cake and champagne reception. Many intimate brides do host their own private dinner receptions afterwards however (popular locations include Victoria and Albert's, California Grill, etc.). That dinner would not be considered officially part of an Intimate Wedding. You are limited in the number of extras you can add on as well. From the plans you have mentioned, it sounds like a weekday Custom Wedding might fit your needs better. With a guest list as small as yours you could easily stay right near the $7500 minimum for a Custom weekday wedding. Custom Weddings have more flexibility than Intimates as far as receptions go, and have more flexibility in general. Of course, Custom Weddings do not include any sort of a honeymoon package (Customs only come with one complimentary resort night for the bride and groom and annual passes), so that would be an additional expense. As far as dessert parties go, I have heard that you must have a group of at least 20 people to have a private dessert party. I'm not 100% positive about that though. Also, dessert parties require additional expenses like event hostesses and have food minimum expenditures of their own. If Disney's minimums don't work well with your plans, you should definitely consider a Swan wedding. For tons of info about Intimate, Swan, and Custom weddings, visit www.yourfairytale.com. It's a GREAT site! Good luck with your plans! :bride:

Just to add onto what Elisabeth said, you do have a min. for the Illuminations, for instance, 20 people for the French Arm, with a F&B min of $17.50 pp (I'm hypothetical here, don't know the true minimiums), but if you spend the $$ that would meet the min cost, then you can have fewer guests.

HTH

Ooo Oooo just wanted to add though that usually in order for the Dessert Party costs to work towards your $7500 Custom minimum it has to be held on the day of the wedding, although I have heard that some brides have managed to wangle this in to their budget if held the night before.

BTW welcome to the DIS :wave2: and congratulations on your engagement

If Custom is in your budget you may be surprised at what things they can include for you. Things may have changed, but we added a couple extra nights in our honeymoon hotel, the rehersal dinner, Pleasure Island tickets, and our Illuminations party and many other extras for our group - which was expect to be 30 but I believe was actually 27 including DH and I. To help us meet the minimum we had Disney do things that many others pay outside vendors for (flowers, decorations, etc.), did a limo ride to get our license, ordered champagne for the limo after the ceremony, those kinds of things. I wonder how many Intimate brides, if they rolled everything into a Custom wedding would have come out even or maybe even saved money?

ahutton

Just wanted to mention that your post first caught my eye because you live in Austin, TX. I live in Round Rock. Then I noticed that you were married Jan 6, 1996 at WDW. We were married Jan 5, 1996! What a Small World!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter