Heelys on the ship

Discussion in 'Disney Cruise Line Forum' started by aaronamy, Jan 2, 2003.

1. aaronamy

aaronamy DVC members since 2002

My son loves his Heely skate shoes, these are the ones with a single wheel in the heal of the skate, he leans back to skate and steps on the front of the shoe when he wants to stop. He can also pop out the wheel. Does anyone know if there are any rules against these shoes?

2. Avatar

Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide this advert.
  3. Viking

Viking <font color=black>Ich habe einen guten Tag<br><fon

Yes, common sense ;)

You shouldn't let him skate on the ship. It is just too confined a space, he will surely crash into someone.

4. Buckaroo's Dad

Buckaroo's Dad <font color=green>Will suffer in happiness rather

I agree with Viking.

Also, your son may not crash into anyone but rather he may strike a stationary object which may, in turn, alter the dear lad's appearance...

5. Dave_from_Marietta

Dave_from_Marietta DIS Veteran

My concern is different. I would worry about the marks he would leave on the beautiful teak deck.

6. slindamood

slindamood DIS Veteran

I saw several children on deck 9, 10, and 4 with that type of skate/shoe. on the 12/14 Magic. I never saw one crash into anyone, but saw one child almost head down a flight of stairs.
    Although it looked like fun when the decks were almost empty, I saw some children who looked out of control and could have hurt someone. Others were quite accomplished. I never saw a CM speak to any of them.