Heeleys Not Allowed in Parks

I get a little tired of the topic on the boards, too, but in all honesty I think that the more it's harped on that HEELIES ARE BANNED AT WDW, the more parents will wise up and not actually let their kids wear heelies at WDW.

The parents who are on these boards anyway....

,<<They are a fad,>
I dunno about that. They have been around for over 7 yrs now. I remember I almost bought some as a Christmas gift for my then 13 yr old godson who is now 20 yrs of age.Dont "fads" usually fade away after just a few yrs?

I already told my kids they cant wear their heely's when we go to WDW. They have enough to carry without adding the wheel changer bags. And since we will be camping before we go I think they will stay home, but then I'll have to buy them new shoes. I am rethinking this.

I hate Heeleyz...they are annoying and dangerous. I work at a science center and one day I kid rolled around a corner and nearly knocked me over! I hate it when the kids 'skate' down the hallway.

This past weekend, my DBF and I were at a shopping mall and there were kids everywhere with Heelyz. One little girl was literally skating around like it was a skating rink. I couldn't believe it!

It's dangerous for the kids and for everyone around them when they are in public. If the kid wears them at home and skates around the house, that's fine, just don't do it in public where somebody could be seriously hurt!

I'm not stepping off my soap box...:rolleyes:

Maybe they could do a Heel(y) check on the kids during the terrorist inhibiting baggage check before entering the parks. Just have every kid lift their heel for inspection as the walk through, like checking a horse hoof.

Or Disney could put magnets in the place of the holes they patched in the streets where the parade float sensors used to be. Their feet would stop moving but their upper body would keep going until BAM!:rotfl:

When I was at Seaworld (sorry :rolleyes1 ) during Christmas, kids were all over the park in those things. There was an angry parent in line behind me complaining that her son was made to take his wheels out before entering the gate. Then she says she told him to put them back in once they passed. Great lesson she was teaching him.

I really agree that they should be banned. Period. If kids want to skate, they should wear roller blades/skates. Heelies just cause problems. So many times, I've been nearly run over by a kid sailing by me. did they ever apologize... no.:sad2:

I don't think its appropriate to call parents stupid on this board for heely's.

People pay alot of money to go to WDW and there are many more inconviences and dangers than the heely shoes.

Not to belittle any of your opinions, but I've been amazed at how YOUNG the kids are that I see on these things. I see kids that I swear look 5 that can Heely pretty good, and I've never seen anyone nearly run into anyone. I have seen kids in restaraunts, Wal-Mart, malls, etc on them but I've never seen them rampant like skateboards used to be. I usually only see them in short little bursts of 5-10' at the most and then they stop and continue walking. I was also in Disney 5 weeks ago and I don't know that I could even recall seeing one kid on them, I'm sure there were some, it just doesn't stand out to me.

As for parents allowing them, you just have to remember that there are a lot of dumb/rude/ignorant people nowadays that have NO MANNERS. It irritates me just as bad as you guys seem to see an adult standing right outside the door to a restaraunt blowing smoke so you have to walk through it to get into a non smoking establishment. These are the kind of parents (not just rude smokers but the mentality of these people) that don't care that their kids are Heelying all over the place or telling them to put them back in once they get trhough the gate. They have no respect for anyone else and are passing it on to their kids.

I don't think its appropriate to call parents stupid on this board for heely's.

People pay alot of money to go to WDW and there are many more inconviences and dangers than the heely shoes.

I think inconsiderate is a more appropriate word. There aren't too many places kids can use these *shoes* safely, which is why I haven't bought them for my DDs.
We have kids here that wear them to church! :confused: That almost borders on stupid.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter