"Hee hee hee, haw haw haw!" A vegetarian and a carnivore EAT again! COMPLETE!!!

Congratulations on your engagement :love:

Really enjoying your dining report, thanks for sharing. Looking forward to more :)

Really really enjoying reading your reviews! We live about an hour from you at home and have been reading along amazed at the similarities between your hol and ours - down to the cheese sauce.....mmmmm.....Tostitos......I too am 50% Disney, 45% HP and 5% cats - made me chuckle out loud...on my own...ah well!

Congrats on your engagement - so gorgeous!

Patiently waiting for more :drinking1popcorn::

Congratulations on your engagement!

I'm loving reading your review. Despite that there is one a mile from work and I could go there anytime I want- I am now really really craving Olive Garden. Especially the appetizers which we never get. I may have to go when I'm in Orlando on business next week (staying on International drive- I thought about going to some disney restaurants but the cabs will be too much.)

Congratulations on your engagement! I love reading your reviews! Can't wait for the next one. :)

Congrats on your engagement!! Lovely story.

When I found this review, I was all like - wait, I know her!!! Lol....I did enjoy your review a few years ago. Thanks for sharing your recent visit with us :):)

I was in Orlando this week- not for Disney though. This review inspired me to go to Olive Garden. Man, I love those zeppoli and the salad/breadsticks. I was underwhelmed by the main course pasta and the fonduta appetizer though.

Jumping in! Congratulations on your engagement! Ben definitely put good thought into it! So sweet!

That is very romantic, you are one lucky lady..:) Congrats:lovestruc

Thank you soooo much! :)

If it's slightly embarrassing to cry at CoP how do you feel about a stranger crying at your proposal story!! You guys are so cute.Congratulations to you both and I am loving your reviews.It has been very cold and snowy here this week and my son has been sick but we have been reading your great reviews and he loves your pictures!

Haha awww I think that's adorable! I cry at everything, don't worry! I'm so pleased you're enjoying the reviews :) xxxx

Now that was lovely! Congratulations!

Thank you! xxx

My eyes are tearing up! Congrats!!! Oh my gosh, how lovely.princess:

Aww :) :) thank you so much! xxx

:love:CONGRADULATIONS!:lovestruc

I just love all our reviews and loved reading about your proposal!:wizard:

You and Ben make such a cute couple, wishing you two all the best in the future!

Thank you so much what a lovely comment :) Glad you're enjoying the reviews and the proposal!! xxx

You two certainly know how to make a trip of it! Three weeks sounds like heaven! Congrats on the engagement, too!

Haha we do indeed! 3 weeks was the BEST, just a dream!! xxx

I just found report and what a great day to join. Congrats on the engagement! I can't wait to hear about the Disney wedding! ;)

Jill in CO

Yay, welcome!! Lots more to come haha! xxxxxx

awwwww...it was PERFECT!!!! :jumping1:
:lovestruc:lovestruc:lovestruc:lovestruc:lovestruc:lovestruc:lovestruc:lovestruc:lovestruc:lovestruc:lovestruc
:love::love::love::love::love::love::love::love::love::love:
Benji did a GREAT job of planning the proposal!!

YAY!! I'm so glad you liked it!! He is such a sweetie :) :) xxxxx

Love getting to read about the proposal! Such a special day!

Yay! Glad you enjoyed! It was the best day ever :) xxxx

Congratulations!!!!!:yay::yay::yay:

Love your reviews and photos too. :mickeybar

Thank you, and thank you!! xxx

YAYYY Congratulations!! What an exciting proposal story :) So glad your friends were able to see it, too!!

Thank you so much. It was the best, I'm a very lucky girl xxx

Love the proposal!!!!!! Ben did an excellent job!

Didn't he just haha!! xxx

Jumping in! Congratulations on your engagement! Ben definitely put good thought into it! So sweet!

Wooo, welcome!! Thank you for the congrats! xxxx

I am seriously in tears over your proposal story. What a perfect proposal! Congratulations!

Awww sorry I made you cry! But yay you liked it!! I'm very lucky :) xxxx

Really really enjoying reading your reviews! We live about an hour from you at home and have been reading along amazed at the similarities between your hol and ours - down to the cheese sauce.....mmmmm.....Tostitos......I too am 50% Disney, 45% HP and 5% cats - made me chuckle out loud...on my own...ah well!

Congrats on your engagement - so gorgeous!

Patiently waiting for more :drinking1popcorn::

Oh wow, lots in common! Definitely sounds like we'd get on! Anyone who loves HP and cheese sauce is a friend of mine :D Glad you're enjoying my reviews, thank you for reading along!

Congratulations on your engagement!

I'm loving reading your review. Despite that there is one a mile from work and I could go there anytime I want- I am now really really craving Olive Garden. Especially the appetizers which we never get. I may have to go when I'm in Orlando on business next week (staying on International drive- I thought about going to some disney restaurants but the cabs will be too much.)

Thank you lovely! Oh wow, 1 mile from work!!? you are SO LUCKY!! OG is just the bees knees, we love it!! xxx

Congratulations on your engagement! I love reading your reviews! Can't wait for the next one. :)

Thank you so much! Glad you're enjoying my reviews, thank you for reading along!

Congrats on your engagement!! Lovely story.

When I found this review, I was all like - wait, I know her!!! Lol....I did enjoy your review a few years ago. Thanks for sharing your recent visit with us :):)

Hello! Thank you so much! Haha I'm glad you enjoyed the other reviews and have joined me for these! Lots more coming up :) :) xxxxx

I was in Orlando this week- not for Disney though. This review inspired me to go to Olive Garden. Man, I love those zeppoli and the salad/breadsticks. I was underwhelmed by the main course pasta and the fonduta appetizer though.

Oh what a shame!! I just don't know how I could ever be underwhelmed at OG haha! Maybe I need to get out more…glad you loved the starter though! :) xxxxxx

Oh wow, so many lovely comments!! Thank you so much for all your congratulations and kind words on our engagement :) It was a fabulous moment and one I'll never forget, ever ever ever!
Now I do have a good reason for being slightly AWOL from this dining review…

WE ARE HAVING A DISNEY FAIRYTALE WEDDING!!! :lovestruc :lovestruc :lovestruc

Oh goodness me it's so exciting I literally cannot remain calm!! We kinda knew it was going to happen…I just needed to do excessive amounts of research and umping and ahhng before I could make a decision. Poor Benj has known it would be Disney since he saw the pavilion :teeth:

In other exciting news, we have booked flights to go BACK TO DISNEY in December 2015 for our wedding planning session, menu tasting, and site visits!! Oooh it's all too much excitement. So I'll be starting my wedding PJ soon :love:

Lets crack on with these dining reviews then, sooooo many more to get through! Really hope you all enjoy :) xxxxx

Planning a wedding is an excellent reason for going AWOL from the dining review page. :teleport:

‘Ohana

So, you left us walking hand in hand out of the MK with our bestest buddies, having just got ENGAGED, woooo!

So, back to the day. The four of us strolled out of the park, towards the bus stops. I was still shaking like a leaf and I had mascara and eyeliner ALL over my face, I must have looked such a state walking through the MK crying my eyes out hahaha, people must have been like ‘err why are you crying in this happy place? ’ hehe!

It was about 3.30 by this point and we hadn’t had a text to say our room was ready so were getting slightly concerned. It literally became ready just as we spoke to the woman at SRR which was good as time was a ticking! It took her a while to get our keys etc sorted so we hung out in the reception bit. We said goodbye to Victoria and Ian who headed back to their room to get ready, whilst we hopped on a golfcart with a bellhop. When we got to our room, the door wouldn’t open. Oh jeez. It was like 4.15 by this point and our ‘Ohana ADR was 6.30! I still had to take my tear-stained face off, get ready and let our friends and family know we’d got engaged! The poor bellhop was really apologetic and he tried it lots of times but they just weren’t working. He then called his manager and was able to use his master key to let us in. But our keys still didn’t work! He told us to call maintenance and they’d come and sort it for us.

We literally ran into the room once he left and I started throwing suitcases open and gathering together our clothes for the evening. I took all my makeup off (girls, is it just me or does your skin feel all horrible once you’ve cried with make-up on, all dry and yucky! And you have like 4 eyelashes because the mascara runs and they stick together! Mare) put my false eyelashes in and then felt I was in a suitable place to start calling people. It was like 4.30 by this point and we had to leave to go to Vic and Ians at like 5.

I called my Mum and Dad first. It was 9.30 on a Saturday night back home so I hoped they’d be up hahah…little did I know they’d actually been waiting for my phonecall and they’d pretty much given up all hope we’d call! Ben told them he’d do it midday ish so they were beginning to get slightly concerned! My Mum was sooooooo cute, I started crying down the phone again (good one Lib, careful of those falsies!) and she was so happy and pleased for me :) My Dad then came on the phone and said some lovely things and it was just fab :D My Mum then said ‘right, we’re going to open the bottle of champagne we’ve had in the fridge for a week now! ’ bless them, they’d been waiting to open it til we called! I felt on cloud 9 after I got off the phone to them, sharing our news with them was just fantastic :) Next up was Ben’s Dad and his GF. Caroline picked up the phone with just a high pitched squeal haha and I felt so happy that all the most important people in our lives knew about the proposal and were waiting on tenterhooks to hear all about it :D Ben’s Dad then came on the phone and he sounded absolutely hammered LOL, turns out they had already opened their bottle of champagne because we’d called so late! They were both over the moon for us, which was lovely. I then called Ben’s Mum and she was equally thrilled for us and then my brother called me, so we were done!

Aftter all those phonecalls I was super buzzed and excited and I got ready for dinner in lightening quick speed.

We walked to Victoria and Ians room (in searing, face-melting heat…) Victoria was looking resplendent in a maxi dress and I immediately forgot the stress of the past hour and got all excited for our special meal :) We had literally planned this dinner 2 years before, as soon as we realised we’d be in WDW for Victoria’s 30th. It was a very big deal!

We got a taxi to the Polynesian and walked straight up to ‘Ohana. The nice lady congratulated us all and we explained all the individual celebration situations haha, it must have been a lot to take in! She gave us a buzzer and told us to head to the bar and our table would be ready soon.

LIBSPICS2071800x600_zps8b1e79ef.jpg

We were straight over to the bar and ordered 4 x Lapu Lapu quicker than you could say rum-in-a-pineapple. All 4 of us love these and in my opinion, no trip to ‘Ohana, hell, no trip to the Poly itself is complete without one! Our buzzer went off pretty much as soon as we’d paid which was good, and we were led to our table. We had a good table by the window, plenty of room for the four of us.

LIBSPICS2073800x600_zps082c790e.jpg

I seem to remember our server being a bit crazy, in a good way though I think? We informed him of Ben’s alternative needs and he said he’d bring him out a feast :) Yay!

First up was the awesome bread, pineapple and coconut yum! We devoured this and then our salads were bought out, with a special one for Victoria cause she doesn’t enjoy the fruit in the normal one! These were very nice but obviously we were all saving our bellies for the good stuff :D

LIBSPICS2074800x600_zps1e62af1a.jpg

Which for me, is the potstickers! OMG how I love the potstickers. I hardly have any meat cause I just fill up on potstickers! Victoria is a big fan too so we devoured a dish between us and asked for another, hehe!

LIBSPICS2077800x600_zpsb3efcbb2.jpg

Ian focuses mainly on the meat and obviously Benj can’t have them so we were in a strong position to demolish these little babies. I had a couple of the chicken wings but it really is all about the potstickers for me.

Ben had his houmous platter with crackers, he loved this and ate it all up! Lucky boy!

LIBSPICS2075800x600_zps0a41314c.jpg

Then it was noodle and veggies time. I absolutely love the noodles slathered with the peanut sauce so I got involved with that, downing potstickers along the way obviously.

LIBSPICS2080800x600_zps0174593c.jpg

Benji’s veggie main came out; tofu, veggies and noodles in a lovely spicy/sweet sauce.

LIBSPICS2079800x600_zps480d9212.jpg

And then the meat started coming out! Chicken, steak, pork, no prawns for us because they creep me out as I don’t think they take the intestinal tract out (I may be wrong!) and Victoria and Ian don’t do seafood. The steak was perfectly cooked, as was the chicken so we were all very happy.

LIBSPICS2082800x600_zps607cea15.jpg

I was stuffed with potstickers by this point and feeling extremely happy and contented :) Conversation was fabulous as we ate, discussing the proposal, the events leading up to it and how they’d all managed to keep it a secret :D Our server was really good too and kept our soft drinks topped up. I don’t think we had another alcoholic drink though, the Lapu Lapu’s finished us off!

Finally, it was time for the dessert. We all absolutely looooove this and we made short work of the bowl :D Amazing stuff, I need to recreate this at home!

LIBSPICS2085800x600_zps5b506750.jpg

And with that, it was all finished. But, our amazing friends then completely surprised us by offering to pay for our meal using their DDP credits! They were coming to the end of their trip and they had credits left over, so wanted to treat us. How cute is that! The server was happy to do it and sorted it all out. Yay! I was then getting so excited as we had an extra credit each to play with, where could we go!? At this point Flying Fish was somewhere I had really wanted to go so me and Vic discussed that. You’ll have to wait and see if we ended up there though! :D

The Verdict

We love ‘Ohana at the best of times and it was so special this evening :) It’s a pink dress :)

Screenshot2012-01-25at151341.png

Teppan Edo

After a nice little lie-in today, we got ready and hopped on the bus to Epcot about 11am.

Thought you might like to see the beautiful ring box Benj gave me. What a cutie!

LIBSPICS2098_zps8cd24bd7.jpg

Took some bus selfies to show off my new ring!

LIBSPICS2099_zps119a29f1.jpg

LIBSPICS2100_zpsec9620dc.jpg

We arrived in Epcot at about 11.30am. We had an ADR with the Witts at 12.30, Teppan Edo, yum!

LIBSPICS2102_zps55f491a8.jpg

LIBSPICS2103_zps7857a785.jpg

LIBSPICS2108_zpsa9bf5d38.jpg

So we made our way towards Japan and it was just so fantastic to be back at Epcot :D Our 2nd favourite park! And it’s a close 2nd!! F&W was hotting up as they’d just opened the WS and I took in all the amazing smells of the different booths, mmmmm!

LIBSPICS2109_zpsa7a84967.jpg

LIBSPICS2110_zps07e83628.jpg

Obviously we couldn’t walk ALL the way to Japan without getting a beverage ;) so we stopped at Canada (like the first booth haha) for a Moosehead for Benj I wasn’t sure if I was going to get anything but then I spotted the Apple Ice Wine so got one of those. BIG MISTAKE, it was disgusting! It was absolutely tiny too, it just tasted gross. It cost me 7 flippin dollars though so I took a deep breath and downed it. Blergh! Benj was pretty much over the moon with his beer so he was happy!

LIBSPICS2111_zps2053c948.jpg

We met Victoria and Ian and headed up to check in for our ADR.

LIBSPICS2117_zps3be3302e.jpg

A very VERY beautiful girl checked us in and we were welcomed into the cool, calming building. We were shown to a long table in an empty room, just the four of us! We were joined by the rest of our table later.

LIBSPICS2119_zps824efcec.jpg

We had a SUPER CUTE girl talk us through the way the meal would go and introduce us to our chef, I absolutely loved her! I was hanging on her every word haha. Our chef was lovely too but not quite as amazing as our greeter It was at this point that the Witts very kindly offered to pay for our meal AGAIN using their spare DXDP credits! Insane excitement We very very gladly accepted lol and then I got all excited as we had another spare credit…and we could have appetizers! Yay :D

First up, drinks! We all got soft drinks and then we also all got alcoholic drinks lol. The Witts each got an awesome beer with frozen foam on, it looked so cool!

LIBSPICS2120_zpse6c2177f.jpg

I got a diet coke and a cherry blossom martini, purely because of the name and it was delish :D Tiny, but delish! And very strong too.

LIBSPICS2122_zps9556ad51.jpg

I think Benj got a normal beer, I don’t have a pic :(

Our tablemates joined us at this point so we were a full party of 8 :) They were friendly and we chatted a bit (at the end, mainly) but not huge amounts as we were 2 groups of 4 and we had lots to talk about at our end of the table!

We all placed our starter orders and 2 of the other group had starters too so it wasn’t just us.

Me and Ian both had the ribs these were INCREDIBLE! They literally melted in the mouth and they were just sooooo soft and delicate. The flavour was amazing too. I needed 5 more bowls! We polished those off preetttty quickly.

LIBSPICS2124_zps8dd83459.jpg

Victoria chose vegetable tempura and although I don’t have a pic, I think she was pleased with it! Vic let me know if you weren’t!

Benji chose edamame and he loves these so they went down very well. I stole a few too, hehe

LIBSPICS2125_zpse57d20f3.jpg

Next up was main courses. We had informed our chef that Ben was veggie and another chef came over to talk to him - he said he could cook his food separately out the back if Ben wanted, as obviously meat is cooked on the hot plates (he didn’t mean cooking the veggies right alongside the meat though, they would be v separate. Ben wasn’t worried about that and wanted to be part of the action so opted to have it cooked in front of him. It was absolutely fine, no contamination at all and Ben was a very happy chappy :D

LIBSPICS2123_zps561a5a4f.jpg

His was actually done first and it looked soooooo good! It was all really nicely cooked veggies and he got the plain boiled rice, rather than the beef one. He LOVED it!

LIBSPICS2130_zpsab4f3cb7.jpg

LIBSPICS2131_zps51fa5efb.jpg

LIBSPICS2128_zps07d0e903.jpg

LIBSPICS2133_zps21f7143e.jpg

Our server did the onion volcano and all the little tricks which we loved, she was so entertaining!

LIBSPICS2136_zps9b191b7a.jpg

I was absolutely loooooving watching our food being cooked, it was like being immersed into an episode of Barefoot Contessa or something! Our chef was so dynamic and fun as well, she was a beginner but I thought she was amazing and I wouldn’t even have known if she hadn’t told us! I won’t spoil it for y’alls but t one point she cracked a joke about Sesame Street and I literally died laughing!

For my main, after a LOT of deliberation I chose chicken and shrimp. I think Victoria got double chicken and Ian got double steak, so his came out last. I nibbled bits of noodles while the meat was cooking but it wasn’t an issue that it came out staggered. When they bought the beef rice out, that was it. I pretty much downed my whole bowl and then Ian gave me his cause he wasn’t too keen! RESULT! It was sooooo nice, it has a kind of oily, sweet beef taste. That sounds really gross but trust me, it’s a winner. Trouble was, I was so full I struggled with my main haha. The portions aren’t humongous here though (although we were all full!) so it wasn’t too bad.

LIBSPICS2137_zps40bc5c44.jpg

Finally, it was dessert time. We weren’t overly feeling the options but it was all included so we decided to try them I chose a green tea cheesecake and after I’d ordered I nipped to the loo. When I got back, I felt AWFUL as our adorable waitress had bought me out a cheesecake with a candle on, to say congratulations! Victoria had one in her dessert too But I’d missed it! Boo. Never mind (I am over it, I promise…) Look at the hearts too! CUTE.

LIBSPICS2138_zpsea3db23f.jpg

The cheesecake was actually good and it was just enough sweetness for me. The rapberry coulis was awesome too! Ben enjoyed the chocolate ginger cake but I don’t think I tried any in the end.

LIBSPICS2139_zps5ece1412.jpg

All too soon it was time for our lunch to come to an end. We’d made friends with our tablemates by this point and they congratulated the four of us on our various celebrations (we were all rocking the badges haha) and we chatted for a while til it was time to go. Victoria and Ian paid using their credits and we paid for our drinks too. We left a big tip as we’d had a great time. Then, it was back out into the sunshine!

The Verdict

I absolutely loved Teppan Edo, it’s such a unique experience! I don’t think it’s quite a wedding dress, but a pink dress fo sho!!

Screenshot2012-01-25at151341.png

:earsgirl::earsboy:How exciting! Planning a Disney wedding!:earsgirl::earsboy:

On a side note I would love to read your food blog, could you direct me to it or even PM me, thanks! Can't wait to read more reviews.

A Disney wedding! So fun, you'll have to document it here!

O'hana and TE look amazing - great reviews as always

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter