Heated Pools?

GoofyforDisney3

DIS Veteran
We are going the second week in March and don't know if I need to worry about trying to find swim diapers and swimsuit for my 18 month year old. Are the pools heated? If they are heated and in the low to mid 70's we might actually get in the pools.
Also is the water for the pop jets that they have at the PC heated?

The pools at WDW are heated and seem to be kept at almost "bath water" temps. It's funny to wake up at WDW on a chilly January morning and see steam rising off of the pools.

Originally posted by GoofyforDisney3
.Also is the water for the pop jets that they have at the PC heated?
The water will not be the problem if it's chilly, it will be the air temperature. (Children just run around under the water)

I would also pick-up some swim diapers.

For your safety and enjoyment, diaper-age children are required to wear swim piapers or rubber pants when using and pool at the WALT DISNEY WORLD Resort. Swim diapers are available at the store for your conveience. (these are very expensive when purchased on property)

Have a great trip...

I just got back from POR 1/23 to 1/27. I went swimming on several occasions and the water was nice. I thought for sure it I would be chilly, but it was nice.

I believe I read somewhere that the majority of disney resort's are required to heat their pools at around 80 degrees.

Thank you for the information. I know it is still going to depend on the temperature outside when it comes to the pop jets, but even if it feels warm out, when you are hit with a stream of COLD water, the air temperature feels quite abit colder really quick and it is nice to know that the water should be warm. :D Now I guess I will be getting a swim suit and hopefully find the swim diapers in the stores already this time of year. ::MinnieMo

We are going the second week in March and don't know if I need to worry about trying to find swim diapers and swimsuit for my 18 month year old. Are the pools heated? If they are heated and in the low to mid 70's we might actually get in the pools.
Also is the water for the pop jets that they have at the PC heated?

The resort pools are heated. We just came back a few days ago for a stay at the AKL and one morning the temp was 37 degrees when we left the room to get a bus to the parks and there were people in the pool. Steam was coming off the pool since the water temp was so much higher then the air temp.

We do not get in the pools when we go on our winters trips but there are always people in the pool no matter how "cold" we think it is.

A CM told me that all pools are heated to 82-84 degrees Farenheit if that helps. I would think that the beginning of March would definitely be swimming weather, as the highs should be upper 70's and low 80's.

We went in November 2002. The theme pool at CSR was most uncomfortable, as was everything at BB. As adults, DH & I could have tolerated it OK, but DS was turning into a boy-sickle (blue skin, chattering teeth, guilty-feeling parents....). We were there again in May/June 2003, and while the CSR pools were perfect, the TL and BB water was still chilly (I honestly didn't think water temp would be a problem in May/June).

Just got back from Pop Century and the lifeguard told us the pool was 80 degrees. I didn't attempt to go swimming but I did stick my feet in the pool. Not sure about the pop jets, but there were kids running through them even though it was cool out.

We have never had a problem with the water temperature, as noted above it is really the outside air that is the problem. Just be sure to have your towels or swim robes real handy to get into.

Have a great trip. March weather in Florida is anyone's guess. . .

Thank you for the information. I know it is still going to depend on the temperature outside when it comes to the pop jets, but even if it feels warm out, when you are hit with a stream of COLD water, the air temperature feels quite abit colder really quick and it is nice to know that the water should be warm. :D Now I guess I will be getting a swim suit and hopefully find the swim diapers in the stores already this time of year. ::MinnieMo

The Poly has a splash area that has water shooting out of the ground for the kids to run in. That water is definitely not heated. We go in October and May and that water is freezing all the time. It would be silly to heat it anyway as soon as it shoots up into the air it would get cold. I highly doubt PC heats that water too.

We were at PC in January and I don't think the pop jets were heated. It was maybe 70 degrees outside, but DD and DS played in the pop jets for about 1/2 hour. They were freezing when they were done, but to them it was worth it!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter