Heat june or august?

trfishin22

Earning My Ears
Hello I have a question im sure that no one can really ever predict for sure the Weather. Im planning on taking my wife and kids to Disneyland in Mid June if everything works out but if not it will have to wait until august

Does anyone that lives way out there in California have any idea if the month of June is hotter than August? I have been reading its been really hot out there right now. Im just afraid that August might be Really HOT for us and maybe june will be a better choice. Any info would be great thank you

It is generally hotter in August. Generally. We did experience a hear wave out here last week. I wore a skirt and sleeveless top with no jacket to a conference in San Francisco which is absolutely unheard of. I was sitting outside at the Ferry Building at 7pm and was warm. Hardly EVER happens. My kids even played on the beach in Sunday, and could get wet without freezing (well, outside the water, that is!).

SoCal and all of the coast experience June Gloom. It's heavily overcast in the mornings; if you are from the East Coast, you would feel as if a thunderstorm was rolling in (but it most assuredly will not:) ). The sun might make an appearance for a few hours in the afternoon before clouding up again. I do not care for June now. ;) it used to be one of my very favorite months back east.

August will be typical SoCal sunny and warm, sometimes hot. Humidity like back East is quite rare, and definitely nothing like the South. I personally would prefer this month (and this is when we are going), but that's just me.

June can have heat waves though. Just as August can have it's unseasonably cooler times.

June is typically cooler but can be hot and miserable on a busy day at DL. Personally I swore along time ago never to do DL again during the summer. So many ppl and the heat was terrible but then again now I have a trip to WDW planned for June, not sure that was any wiser.

In California, you are sure to hit June Gloom, which is a nice cover of clouds leading to lower temperatures. Historically, our hotter days occur in August, although after 100 degree temperatures this last week, all bets are off regarding typical summer weather patterns.

Hey thank you to everyone for the info. I appreciate it and were hoping things work out so we can get out there in June. We have been to Disneyworld a number of times in florida when it was over 100+ degs.

Man thats HOT to say the least for us snowbird from wyoming. but with lots of cold water a couple of those little fans they sell hooked on the water bottles we did just fine. first day was WOW its hot but after that we seemed to get used to the heat more.

Its only hit 69 degs for a high temp here in Wyoming so far and we had SNOW a couple weeks ago. with rain off and on alot lately. Its 63 degs now and we are outside with T shirts on its just right.

Thanks again and hope everyone has a great summer and trips to disney if your going this summer:thumbsup2

It is generally hotter in August. Generally. We did experience a hear wave out here last week. I wore a skirt and sleeveless top with no jacket to a conference in San Francisco which is absolutely unheard of. I was sitting outside at the Ferry Building at 7pm and was warm. Hardly EVER happens. My kids even played on the beach in Sunday, and could get wet without freezing (well, outside the water, that is!).

OFF TOPIC: SF usually has it's hottest weather of the year in April/May and Sept/October. Strange compared to the rest of the world but normal weather patterns do not apply on the northern California cost. Also the best time of the year to visit a beach in Northern California.

The hottest I remember it being in SF was Easter Sunday 2004 (I'm not sure it was a record, just the hottest time I was ever there). It was 90 and of course AC in the city is pretty much nonexistent because that is so rare. We were visiting my aunt in the city trying to figure out how to open windows because they hadn't been in that house that long and hadn't needed to open them much.

ON TOPIC: We've been to DL three separate times in the middle of June and I only remember one day being on the hot side. The rest of the time we had June Gloom weather. Low 70's and overcast. We needed a sweatshirt in the morning and evening. And it will be more humid there than you are used to in Wyoming. Not Florida humid, but lows will feel a bit cooler and highs will feel a bit warmer.

However, I would never have thought it would be as hot as it was in May this year either. So be prepared for anything.

OFF TOPIC: SF usually has it's hottest weather of the year in April/May and Sept/October. Strange compared to the rest of the world but normal weather patterns do not apply on the northern California cost. Also the best time of the year to visit a beach in Northern California. The hottest I remember it being in SF was Easter Sunday 2004 (I'm not sure it was a record, just the hottest time I was ever there). It was 90 and of course AC in the city is pretty much nonexistent because that is so rare. We were visiting my aunt in the city trying to figure out how to open windows because they hadn't been in that house that long and hadn't needed to open them much.

Definitely. :)

I actually really like that about living here. It's unique. Although it took many of our visitors one rather chilly trip to believe me that warm coats are a requirement if you come see us during the summer. They learned for the next time the hard way. ;)

August is definately usually hotter than June. But the weather has been wierd the last few years... last year we didn't really even get our normal summer.. im fron San Jose which is Northern CA but we usually go to DL end of July & its pretty hot then.

One other side benefit to June is many SoCal schools go through late June. Ours is going until 6/25 as an example and we were 30 min from Anaheim.

Definitely. :)

I actually really like that about living here. It's unique. Although it took many of our visitors one rather chilly trip to believe me that warm coats are a requirement if you come see us during the summer. They learned for the next time the hard way. ;)

I remember very my first trip into the city to visit my aunt when we first moved to the Bay Area. It was July and we were in shorts and tees because where we lived in the East Bay it was far enough in land to be hot. We froze that day in the city. But the coldest I ever remember being was out at Candlestick park for a baseball game, also the middle of summer. Burrr!

And it will be more humid there than you are used to in Wyoming. Not Florida humid, but lows will feel a bit cooler and highs will feel a bit warmer.

Yup your right on the humidity part here in Wyoming at 7000' you have to run a humidifier all the time as its so dry here and when we have gone to florida in the past its was just like you had jumped in a pool all day and when it started to cool off it was a totally different cold than we are used to and thats kind of hard to believe as we have as low as -45+ below zero every year and the coldest i have seen was one night on graveyard shift at work it got down to -82 below zero with the wind chill factor. So the june gloom is ok with us as we arent really used the the hot and humid weather you all have.

here in Wyoming you never leave the house with out a heavy jacket hat and gloves even in the summer. I have seen more that one time it snow in the morning on the 4th of July in the morning and be 90deg by late afternoon.

Hey Also wanted to thank everyone its sure nice to find great websites like this with nice people all just wanting to help each other out so everyone can have the best trip/ vacation possible. I have only been to Disneyland in california 2 times once about 30yrs ago and the summer before last so im not much help but if you need some info on Disneyworld I have taken my family there 5 times and learned alot of cool things to see where to stay eat etc. so if i can help you out please just let me know THANK YOU:thumbsup2

We went back in 2009 at the end of August and it was hot. I love the heat though. The water rides were perfect on a 98 Degree day!

We have gone twice in Aug. (this year will make 3). In 2012 it was well over 100 every day but the longer hours made the mornings and evenings tolerable and the water rides at even 11pm felt great. Last year it was 80s and 90s and was still comfortable. Both times though we would go back and nap and rest during the hottest part of the day before heading back in the evening. Wonder what it will be like this year when we go.

I hope the weather is good for you all that are going in August. It looks like we are going to be able to go in the middle of june. So that will be great and hope its not super hot. We still have snow just outside of town and it only warmed up to 69 degs one day so far and thats pretty warm for us.

But either way we will be happy to get to go and have some fun in the sun. We cant wait to get out there :thumbsup2

I remember very my first trip into the city to visit my aunt when we first moved to the Bay Area. It was July and we were in shorts and tees because where we lived in the East Bay it was far enough in land to be hot. We froze that day in the city. But the coldest I ever remember being was out at Candlestick park for a baseball game, also the middle of summer. Burrr!

Been there! :rotfl: When we first moved here, we went to a baseball game at AT&T park. It was July, and I wore short and a tshirt. I froze my rear end off! I'm from Upstate New York, and until they visit me, my friends scoffed at me for saying it is COLD out here. Then they visited and changed their tunes!

I do love it though.

Typically, August is hotter. But they've been having early heat waves the last couple of years. We went late June last year and it was in the hundreds. We were so hot, it was crazy. As the OP said, you can't predict it...

We're going for our first DL visit the last week of June and I wouldn't mind some June gloom since I think it will make for nice touring weather at the park. I much prefer that to standing in line in 90+ degree heat with the sun beating on us. We're ending this trip up in SF around the 4th of July and plan on bringing fleece jackets and jeans thanks to what we've been reading on the DIS and Tripadvisor about the SF weather in summer!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter