• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Heat, Headaches but So Much Fun! My June Birthday TR (Trip Wrap-Up 10/12)

Great trip report so far :banana: - looking forward to reading more :cool1:

There is no better way to spend a birthday than in Disney :cake:.

Looks like you had a wonderful birthday!

Madison looks so happy in the picture with Daisy! She looks happy in all the pics but she has an extra twinkle in her eye in that one!

We skipped ITTBAB too for the scare factor. That's one of those attractions that I wouldn't mind seeing revamped into something better.

Can't wait to hear all about LeCellier :lovestruc

Another great update Meghan!!! I really am looking forward to eating at Tusker House before rope drop on AK day!! I love your pictures of the safari...its another must do every single time...I just adore that ride!!

Glad you were able to enjoy the pool!!!!!

Oooh breakfast looks like it was great! I really am thinking about trying there our next trip!

We had such a great KS experience!

Ugh, we don't like ITTBAB either! Never have!

YAY!!! :yay: I've been watching for an update from you! :cool1: What a great time at AK! We weren't thrilled with ITTBAB either, the girls actually ended up on the floor with their eyes closed! I am glad you enjoyed Tusker House! We are trying to decide if we will do that one on our AK day! Can't wait to hear about Le Cellier! That is my #1 ADR to make! :woohoo:

Awesome AK update! We really enjoyed our Tusker House breakfast too. I teased Daisy about whether she was married to Donald and she pointed to her hand and shook her head - no ring! So fun!

Your family is SO photogenic! All your pictures are fabulous!

The more and more TRs I read...I'm come to ponder....Why is it always the mommies who are up at the crack of dawn to get everyone moving for EMHs and breakfast ADRs?!?! :rolleyes1

We weren't that thrilled with breakfast at AK either but Tusker House for lunch was really good. You might want to try that next time. It has a lot of similar food to Boma.

I completely agree about ITTBAB...I found it unpleasant at best. I also agree about the joy in finding Daisy! One year we stood in line during the P&P Party for 26 minutes to see her, she was the only character ds really wanted we had missed!

I think you and Madison look adorable in your matching outfits, so cute!

Maria :upsidedow

Can't wait to hear about Le Cellier!! Great trip report- thanks so much for sharing :)

Loved this update Meghan! And I could totally picture you snaking through AK to get all your FPs!! :lmao: Sounded kinda scary trying to get back to TH though!!! Love all the character pics you got that morning and YAY for finally getting to meet Daisy!!!!:cutie:

Your and Madisons outfits were too cute!! Love them!!!! Can't wait to hear all about Epcot and Le Cellier! My fav.....yum!popcorn::

Wonderful day so far. You don't like ITTBAB? Danielle hates it too. I think it's cute. I want to try TH someday. Every report I've read so far about it has been good. I'm so jealous you got LeCellier. I tried so hard for this but no luck.

I didn't like ITTBAB because I can't stand bugs, especially spiders. When they came down from the ceiling I nearly had a heart attack! I managed to get my LeCellier ADR (and CM) less than a week before our trip! It was right when online dining launched and I would go on and check for those quite a few times a day. I almost fell out of my chair when I saw those openings!

Great updates! I love all your pictures from AK. :goodvibes

Thank you so much!

I refuse to do It's Tough to Be a Bug. I hate it.

It was not a good experience for us. My DH didn't even like it.

Great trip report so far :banana: - looking forward to reading more :cool1:

There is no better way to spend a birthday than in Disney :cake:.

Thanks for reading!

Wonderful day. I love the paper straws. It brings back a lot of childhood memories.

I have never used a paper straw before, so I'm not used to them. They were a little strange.

Looks like you had a wonderful birthday!

Madison looks so happy in the picture with Daisy! She looks happy in all the pics but she has an extra twinkle in her eye in that one!

We skipped ITTBAB too for the scare factor. That's one of those attractions that I wouldn't mind seeing revamped into something better.

Can't wait to hear all about LeCellier :lovestruc

Madison was so excited to meet Daisy. We didn't see her at ALL in January and she was pretty bummed. I would not mind at all if Disney decided to get rid of ITTBAB!

Another great update Meghan!!! I really am looking forward to eating at Tusker House before rope drop on AK day!! I love your pictures of the safari...its another must do every single time...I just adore that ride!!

Glad you were able to enjoy the pool!!!!!

Tusker House was nice. I wish we could have gotten in earlier or later though. It was an EMH morning and our ADR was for 8:20am. So, we didn't get to really do anything during that first extra hour except eat! :rotfl: We too love KS. Both times we've done it we saw a lot of animals. The only bummer in June was that we didn't see any elephants.

Oooh breakfast looks like it was great! I really am thinking about trying there our next trip!

We had such a great KS experience!

Ugh, we don't like ITTBAB either! Never have!

We are a big breakfast family. We LOVE going out for breakfast! We will never go back to see ITTBAB.

YAY!!! :yay: I've been watching for an update from you! :cool1: What a great time at AK! We weren't thrilled with ITTBAB either, the girls actually ended up on the floor with their eyes closed! I am glad you enjoyed Tusker House! We are trying to decide if we will do that one on our AK day! Can't wait to hear about Le Cellier! That is my #1 ADR to make! :woohoo:

So glad I could please you with an update Kim! :goodvibes I think your girls would enjoy breakfast at TH. It's very pretty inside too. I'm looking forward to sharing our LeCellier experience.

Awesome AK update! We really enjoyed our Tusker House breakfast too. I teased Daisy about whether she was married to Donald and she pointed to her hand and shook her head - no ring! So fun!

Your family is SO photogenic! All your pictures are fabulous!

That is so funny about Daisy. She really is my kind of girl...check out her shoes! My family does enjoy getting their picture taken. I'm very happy with the way my pics came out.

The more and more TRs I read...I'm come to ponder....Why is it always the mommies who are up at the crack of dawn to get everyone moving for EMHs and breakfast ADRs?!?! :rolleyes1

We weren't that thrilled with breakfast at AK either but Tusker House for lunch was really good. You might want to try that next time. It has a lot of similar food to Boma.

I'm the only one that will get up when the alarm goes off! Besides, when I'm at Disney I don't want to sleep. At home, that's a whole other story. :rotfl: My family was very good about getting up and getting a move on for those early mornings. It was great.

I've never been to Boma, so maybe we'll have to try it next time.

I completely agree about ITTBAB...I found it unpleasant at best. I also agree about the joy in finding Daisy! One year we stood in line during the P&P Party for 26 minutes to see her, she was the only character ds really wanted we had missed!

I think you and Madison look adorable in your matching outfits, so cute!

Maria :upsidedow

It was so awesome to finally meet Daisy. Thinking back, I don't think I ever met Daisy as a kid! She's never around. I wonder why that is?

I wasn't really trying to have Madison and I match, but it worked out that way. The shirt I wore to AK I've had for years and I just happened to find Madison's at Target one day and thought it was cute. I had another shirt I was going to wear to AK, but it was a tube top and I didn't want to be pulling it up all day!

Can't wait to hear about Le Cellier!! Great trip report- thanks so much for sharing :)

Thank you very much for reading!

can't wait to hear how all about Le Cellier!!!

I can't wait to tell everyone about it.

Great update!

Thanks!

Loved this update Meghan! And I could totally picture you snaking through AK to get all your FPs!! :lmao: Sounded kinda scary trying to get back to TH though!!! Love all the character pics you got that morning and YAY for finally getting to meet Daisy!!!!:cutie:

Your and Madisons outfits were too cute!! Love them!!!! Can't wait to hear all about Epcot and Le Cellier! My fav.....yum!popcorn::

Thanks Kristen. :goodvibes I weaved my way through the crowd to get right up to the rope. Once they dropped the rope, some lady actually started running towards KS and the CM's yelled at her! So, I made sure I walked at a normal pace.

I really don't look forward to the day when Madison doesn't want to dress like me anymore. :sad1: Most of the time, I don't even do it on purpose!

Great update! Sorry it was so hot at AK...but it's good that you got to do everything you wanted there :thumbsup2 And I'm sorry you didn't like ITTBAB--I love that show! But I completely understand that non-bug people would probably hate it. Which is strange, because I'm not a bug person at all in real life, but I really like this show :confused3

Great update! Sorry it was so hot at AK...but it's good that you got to do everything you wanted there :thumbsup2 And I'm sorry you didn't like ITTBAB--I love that show! But I completely understand that non-bug people would probably hate it. Which is strange, because I'm not a bug person at all in real life, but I really like this show :confused3

Even though they are animated bugs, they're still bugs and it makes me uncomfortable. At least we tried it! We did get to do everything that we wanted that morning at AK, except FOTLK. We really enjoyed that show in January and we were hoping that we could see it again. The show times just didn't work with our schedule that day though. We knew we couldn't stay at AK too long that day since we had a late lunch ADR for LeCellier. I do enjoy the beauty of AK and I'm glad we've gone there twice, but it's not our favorite park. We really like KS, FOTLK and Tony & I LOVE EE, but that's about it. The walking trails are quite nice, but not a must-do. I'd love to visit AK for evening EMH's next time though!

I can't believe I'm this far behind!

Once the show was over, we noticed it was raining. Did I say raining? I mean POURING!! We put on our ponchos and ducked into that store in Japan (I'm having a hard time with names right now, but you all know which one I'm talking about). I had brought our flimsy dollar store ponchos for me and Tony that night, and boy was that a mistake! They were sticking to our skin and it felt so gross. Plus, the hoods wouldn't stay up! I had brought a nice one for Madison and she had no problems. IllumiNations was about to start, but I really didn't feel like standing in the rain (I was being a bit of a baby). Tony and Madison left me in the store and went to watch. After a minute or two, I reminded myself that we were on an amazing vacation and I shouldn't let the rain ruin it for me. I went to join them and I'm so glad that I did. There were only a handful of people out there braving the elements so we had a great spot for the show.
We were there that night and I can testify that it was POURING! We scored a spot near the Canada pavilion after a large group went running in the rainfall. Nothing fireworks mixed with rain and thunder. Magical stuff that. We had a great EMH that night!

100_0830.jpg

One of my FAV pics of the Castle I've ever taken!
Awesome Shot!

Great shots from Animal Kingdom and Chef Mickey's as well. Can't wait hear about Le Cellier

We were there that night and I can testify that it was POURING! We scored a spot near the Canada pavilion after a large group went running in the rainfall. Nothing fireworks mixed with rain and thunder. Magical stuff that. We had a great EMH that night!

IllumiNations was awesome in the rain, I must admit. While I was watching it, I totally forgot that we were standing in a downpour. EMH was great that night.

Awesome Shot!
Thanks!

Great shots from Animal Kingdom and Chef Mickey's as well. Can't wait hear about Le Cellier

Thank you. I'll post about LeCellier soon!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter