Healthy Snack Ideas for work

Discussion in 'Eating Healthy' started by Starbrite, Aug 16, 2009.

1. Starbrite

Starbrite DIS'ing since 2004........... Didn't like my old n

I'm looking for some healthy snack ideas to keep in my office. There are long periods of time when I can't get to a fridge or kitchen, so something I can keep in my desk would be great!

I'm not on any specific low-cal, low-carb, low-fat or fab diet....just trying to ditch the bag of M&M's and crackers for something better.

Got any ideas?

2. Avatar

Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide this advert.
  3. ClarabelleCowFan

ClarabelleCowFan <font color=teal>Found Someone You Have<br><font c

DH keeps SoyJoy bars and Trail Mix in his desk at work.

How about sunflower seeds or some of those 100 calorie packs of goodies?

4. Luv Bunnies

Luv Bunnies DIS Veteran

I would go with dried fruit, nuts, baked chips. If you can't get up to get to the fridge, you can bring an insulated lunch box with a small blue ice block inside. Then, you can keep cut-up veggies and fruit, drinks, etc. and keep them cold on your desk. I used to do that in my classroom until we finally got our own fridge.

5. dzneelvr

dzneelvr A Disney Dolly<br><font color=deeppink>Doesn't min

I keep: Pitted Dates, trail mix I make of almonds, raisens, and M and Ms, and I bring a bananna or ziploc of grapes from home everyday to enjoy. I find that a palm size portion along with water takes away any cravings I get mid morning or end of day and it's so much healthier than salty or sweet.

6. StephMK

StephMK DIS Veteran

I brought in grapes, granola bars, bananas, 100 cal packs of cookies, string cheese, Wheat Thins or Teddy Grahams. You could do frozen yogurt & it'd be slushy by the time you eat it, Laughing Cow cheese wedges, carrots, cucumbers, etc.

7. Starbrite

Starbrite DIS'ing since 2004........... Didn't like my old n

Thanks for all the ideas.

I picked up a some trail mix, granola bars & fruit. As soon as I get to work tomorrow I'm gonna clear out the junk foor drawer :thumbsup2

8. jeffsamber

jeffsamber Earning My Ears

Anybody have any ideas for meals to take in the car? I do home health so I'm in my car driving all day. My tendency is to go through a drive through somewhere but my wallet is getting thinner and my body is not. :)