Health Alert: FDA recalled food list regarding peanut butter

Thanks for posting the link. I had heard something on the radio about the list being expanded while I was on the way home from work.

Now that I think about it, I wonder if the recall affects any of the peanut butter Girl Scout cookies?

Thanks for the link! I didn't hear that it had become so extensive. I was wondering about the GS cookies, too!

Thanks for the link!

I don't have internet at home (talk about a budget cut!) and I am getting annoyed by the news programs that tell me to "check out the complete list online!"

THis is one time I am glad DS is allergic to peanuts. Before we found about the allergy he ate peanut snacks all the time. I can't believe any company could be so irresponsible.

Our local news has repeatedly told us that Girl Scout Cookies are in fact NOT on the recalled list and pose absolutely no threat. I know some of you are wondering so I thought I'd share what we are being told here! HTH!:goodvibes

Thanks for sharing !
I saw on THE TODAY SHOW (thursday) Doctor Nancy not sure her last name sorry ,said that she was going to throw out any and all Peanut items and peanut butter she has, she said it better to play safe than sorry :scared:

I got an email from Turkey Hill ice cream that they are voluntarily recalling their ice cream flavors that have peanut butter in them.

I was at Sams club awhile back and picked up a package of Austin peanut butter crackers I thought about buying for the grandkids. Decided at the last minute not to buy them. I am so glad I put them back. About 2 weeks after that is when we started hearing of people getting sick.

I had 2 packages of those crackers in the house w/ PB from Austin here when the news came out. At that time 1/2 of one back was eaten. We promptly threw the remaining items out. Thankfully that has been 2 or so weeks now and nobody has gotten sick. So, I think we're okay.

Thanks for posting the link. I had not heard about this latest expanded recall. ABC Bakery has repeatedly said that the Girl Scout Cookies are safe. However, there is an ABC company on the list of cookie tub recalls. Does anyone know if this is a completely different company?

The ABC company on the recall list is indeed different from the Girl Scout ABC Bakers. There is a statement on their website that their peanut butter comes from Hampton Farms & they have been ok'd by the FDA. One of the local GS leaders here works for the board of health & they did radio announcements that the GS cookies were indeed safe :)

I live very near this plant and know several peanut farmers. This company was totally irresponsible and criminal charges are being filed. It appears that they were shopping for labs that would give them a clean bill of health even after batches were sampled and tested positive for salmonella. I know this probably doesn't belong here it just seemed to fit.

GS cookies are safe, but what about Edy's GS cookie ice cream??? I wonder if they use the real GS cookies in it???
What about Little Brownie Baker's GS cookies.

I got a letter from Sam's club that the baklava trays that I had bought were affected. Of course, the family and I have since eaten it.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter