• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Heads-Up: Square One Disney Store pre-opening event Apr. 6

Moonies

Moonies Corrupt, Corrupt Absolutely :)
From the Square One Facebook Page:

We're all very excited!...The newly-designed & interactive Disney Store is having a pre-opening event on Wed. April 6 at noon. Stop by and receive a free gift! (first 500 Guests only)

I won't be able to make it (boo working in Markham!) but hopefully someone else will get to reap the rewards of free gifts! And also maybe give an update on just how much new and interactive stuff is there!

This is exciting! Hopefully it will mean more Disney stores coming back to Canada. I wonder it Yorkdale will get theirs back too?

Did the one at Square One ever close or are they just refurbishing it?

Happy shopping! Sometimes I go to Disney stores between trips to WDW just to pretend I'm there! Heh...I know I'm not alone on this one! ;)

I don't care how great the store is, closing three stores in Toronto was horrible. Hopefully they will realize not everyone in Toronto can get out to Square One easily, and put a good store in actual Toronto.

Square One was just closed for Refurb. Hopefully Eaton Centre is next. So much wasted potential down there.

I don't think Yorkdale/Fairview will be opening back up unfortunately. I miss having one at Yorkdale though :(

Edit by #5: I was so sad when the Fairview closed down. That was my Disney Store growing up =(

Hopefully they will do something soon about the CAN/US pricing. Its horrible when our dollar is worth more, but the US price is $10 cheaper on most items!

Aww, I was hoping to go to the opening but am I going to be out of town until the 10th. Blast. Oh well, I'm still excited to see the changes!

Also, have to agree with Moonies about the Eaton Centre store. I used to always love going to the Eaton Centre Disney store as a kid, but now visits there are always so lacklustre and disappointing. I thought it would have made sense for them to refurb that store before the Sq. One store, but... what do I know.

We noticed that the other night when we were at the Square....oh well, we are all working that day. Man, it's weird not to have bought anything Disney since it closed up for refurbishment....

According to the Square One website:

EXPERIENCE THE ALL NEW DISNEY STORE!
Opening Day – April 6

The Disney Store will be unveiling their new store concept on April 6. FREE gift to the first 500 Guests.

- - - -

THE NEW DISNEY STORE - CELEBRATE WITH US!
Saturday, April 16 - Centre Court

Everyone is welcome to stop by at 10:00am for the Opening Ceremonies. FREE gift to the first 500 Guests. MEET GOOFY & PLUTO! Don’t forget to bring your camera between 12noon – 4:00pm

*Characters alternate every 30 minutes. Character appearances are subject to change or cancellation without notice. Call store for more details.

THE NEW DISNEY STORE - CELEBRATE WITH US!
Saturday, April 16 - Centre Court

Everyone is welcome to stop by at 10:00am for the Opening Ceremonies. FREE gift to the first 500 Guests. MEET GOOFY & PLUTO! Don’t forget to bring your camera between 12noon – 4:00pm

*Characters alternate every 30 minutes. Character appearances are subject to change or cancellation without notice. Call store for more details.

Noticed that yesterday when we were walking the mall...oh yeah, that is a brilliant idea, putting characters there in that food court at the busiest day of the week. It`ll be less crowded to see them at DW.

I don't care how great the store is, closing three stores in Toronto was horrible. Hopefully they will realize not everyone in Toronto can get out to Square One easily, and put a good store in actual Toronto.

We do! We have the Eaton's Centre store of course!

Does anyone remember what they gave out at the Vaughn Mills re-opening? I went that day but the line up was so long I just shopped a bit in the mall and went home. I am thinking the "free gift" might be something similar to that.

Ignore my above post, I searched this tread and found it was Mickey Ears and a sucker they gave out

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter