• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Heads Up! PWC (jetski) tours cancelled on CC

surftrish

A lot of people ask me if I were shipwrecked, and
We sail in 3 days on the Magic and I just got a call from Disney Cruise Line with "bad news" (almost gave me a heart attack)... Due to "3rd party issues", the PWC Eco-Tours Excursions on Castaway Cay are being cancelled. Guess I have $160 to spend on something else frivolous now :)

Dang! It was so cool to stand in the "middle" of the ocean. I was looking forward to doing it again. Jet skiing around the Magic is an amazing experience.

We sail in 3 days on the Magic and I just got a call from Disney Cruise Line with "bad news" (almost gave me a heart attack)... Due to "3rd party issues", the PWC Eco-Tours Excursions on Castaway Cay are being cancelled. Guess I have $160 to spend on something else frivolous now :)

We're on the same cruise :thumbsup2

Sorry to here about your jetskiing being cancelled!

Cancelled permanently? I hope not, we did these on Royal Caribbeans private island and it was fabulous!

OP, Hope you find something else fun to spend you $$$$$$ on! Have a GREAT cruise

My DH will be heartbroken if they are canceled for good! It's what he wanted as his "birthday present" :(

NOOOOO! It's our one excursion that we booked and we sail on April 5th. This was my hubby's birthday present.

I wonder if they plan on contracting with a new company. Hopefully soon!

Darn! This is a great excursion! I really liked the guys that ran it too! I lost my disposable camera last August and both of the guys jumped on their jetskis to go look for it for me. Didn't find it, but it was so nice of them to try.

who knows? this time last year it was the parasailing that was cancelled on CC because of "3rd party issues". Those have been fixed and we are booked to do that on CC next week also. There's always plenty to do...think we will rent a hobie cat and flail around on that for awhile. Should be good for a few laughs since I don't know how to sail.

Kind of funny now but, if I were asked by DCL about their call center, I'd advise not to start a phone conversation with: "Miss ____, this is Disney Cruise Line calling. I have a bit of bad news for you..."; particularly when cruise sail date is only days away. :scared1:

We are also booked on the 4/12 cruise for this. The company boats over from the neighboring island to run the excursion I think. Don't they also run the parasailing and the banana boat?

For anyone going to St. Martin, we did some jetskis off of the beach by the tendering pier. It was fun and you have more freedom to do whatever. On CC, you are on the jetskis more to get you out and back. Not much freedom to do turns and stuff. Looks like we will be doing that after the regatta.

DG

We got a call this week canceling our ecotour that we had scheduled for next week. Apparently they still have not resolved this. My family was really disappointed.

We sail in about 3 weeks, but we haven't received a call yet. We made the ressies a few weeks ago for DH & my sister's DBF. Darn, I hope they work it out by then, but it doesn't look promising, huh? :sad2: Thanks for the heads up though, happy shopping!;)

My roommate and I did the ecotour 3 years ago and loved it! We're sailing again in 5 weeks, and he's booked to do it this time with his DF. I'm doing the parasailing with a friend of mine. I hope this all works out soon!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter