• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Head's up on resort monorail service disruption

Booked BLT specifically for monorail for F&W festival. We check in on the 20th so definitely hoping it's not closed past that date!!

Wow I would be floored with anger. To spend all those points or $$.

Yep,
The last time we were at BLT they did something similar.
I was NOT amused.
Sent a nicely worded letter to DVC guest services.
I got a letter back which pretty much said "So sorry, we heard you. Too bad so sad."... :scratchin

Booked BLT specifically for monorail for F&W festival. We check in on the 20th so definitely hoping it's not closed past that date!!

I hear you... Good luck...

That's too bad, but according to the scheduled times, it will at least be running in the evening for your return-- otherwise walk to MK and hop on the express. I know it isn't the same, but what can you do.

Happy I'm going to be at BWV! I would be unhappy too.

That's too bad, but according to the scheduled times, it will at least be running in the evening for your return-- otherwise walk to MK and hop on the express. I know it isn't the same, but what can you do. Happy I'm going to be at BWV! I would be unhappy too.

The resort Monorail line is down daily from 11 AM to 6 Pm. They are finishing the new walk way from the Grand Floridian Villas to the monorail station at the main building
There is a Monorail that goes from the Contemporary to the Magic Kingdom and back during that time

Had already thought about walking to MK and catching monorail for Epcot during that time so the closure times might only affect going to other resorts on non-park days. No matter what I'll be at Disney instead of at work so I'll be happy.

I understand your frustration. When we stayed at BLT, we generally walked to MK. After all is said and done, it isn't much further than walking over to the Contemporary to catch the resort monorail. Once you get to MK, you have several options for getting to TTC, and to the other resorts. We brought our car with us, and generally, we drove to the other parks. Hope you will have a good vacation.

You know I understand the disappointment, but anger I don't get.

When do you expect them to do this. :confused3

They avoided the peak hours of use.

There were some service interruptions during our last stay at BLT. It didn't effect us in the least.

It will just take a little pre- planning. Certainly not enough to ruin a day in WDW!

We were recently at BLT and the monorail was not working well. I know of at least 2 days where people were stuck on the monorail for 1 - 2 hours. I think shutting it down some to work on the problems (which was reported by a cm as being what was happening) is much better than stranding people on the system. We came back from Epcot during one of the problem times and it was recomended that we take the ferry and walk back to BLT. We did that although they were trying to allow people on the monorail when we left for the ferry. We watched for the monorail and it was over an hour before the one they were going to put us on reached BLT and we had been back for over 1/2 an hour by the time it arrived.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter