HEADS UP....Dream/Magic Itinerary Change Fall of 2014

How many and what category? If mine was that much more I might consider it. Mine was a little more then $2600.

9d for 2 adults, 1 14year old. I think after the OBB discount it was a total of $3600 maybe? Not too bad by Disney standards but more than I am willing to throw down at this time.

I honestly thought about it and then I thought about all the other things I could do with the money. It might be my ticket to convincing DH to stay deluxe. :thumbsup2 Though I doubt it will work. ;)

9d for 2 adults, 1 14year old. I think after the OBB discount it was a total of $3600 maybe? Not too bad by Disney standards but more than I am willing to throw down at this time.

I honestly thought about it and then I thought about all the other things I could do with the money. It might be my ticket to convincing DH to stay deluxe. :thumbsup2 Though I doubt it will work. ;)

Ah. We have 2a 1 DS(14) 1 DS (9) in a 5B. For $6300. No way will we be able to do this :sad1:

A travel agent commented on Scott's blog that she booked this cruise for a client yesterday, so it is definitely official.

We've just booked the repo, even though we're not affected by the itinerary changes.

Our TA was told it couldn't be booked until the 18th but I saw on another thread that some people had been able to book it by calling DCL direct. So I decided to give it a try. I told the CM that we were already booked on the last Southern Caribbean, had heard about the repo and would like to book it, preferably in the same stateroom. He didn't hesitate or question it at all, just accessed our SC reservation for the details. It was all booked very quickly and we kept our stateroom.

For those looking for prices, 2A in a 5C cost $1,285.40. That's full price, no OBB discount.

A travel agent commented on Scott's blog that she booked this cruise for a client yesterday, so it is definitely official.

Sent from my iPhone using DISBoards

When I called today to switch our cruise she told me about the repo cruise and said we could book it. So it is official.

After looking at all our options I switched us to the western Caribbean on the Fantasy. It was a good bit cheaper than the Magic.

I just changed our cruise. I wanted the Magic, not the Wonder, so I bit the bullet and scheduled a 7 Day Magic on Dec 28th, so we will be there for New Years, and we will get to be on the Magic. We did the Fantasy this year and are doing a B2B on the Fantasy in January of 2014, so would like to try the Magic again for a change. This way we see the upgrades too.

I just changed our cruise. I wanted the Magic, not the Wonder, so I bit the bullet and scheduled a 7 Day Magic on Dec 28th, so we will be there for New Years, and we will get to be on the Magic. We did the Fantasy this year and are doing a B2B on the Fantasy in January of 2014, so would like to try the Magic again for a change. This way we see the upgrades too.

So maybe it's their scheme to move people to the Wonder and then they think "I want the new ship" and bite the bullet to pay more for more days to cruise it... in which case, it appears to be working. :(

Not me. That is one bullet that can remain unbit.
Same here. We decided to keep our cruise on the Wonder. $2500 for 2A2C for 5 nights is looking better and better. If it's a Disney ship, it will be a good time, I'm not paying more. :goodvibes

We've just booked the repo, even though we're not affected by the itinerary changes.

Our TA was told it couldn't be booked until the 18th but I saw on another thread that some people had been able to book it by calling DCL direct. So I decided to give it a try. I told the CM that we were already booked on the last Southern Caribbean, had heard about the repo and would like to book it, preferably in the same stateroom. He didn't hesitate or question it at all, just accessed our SC reservation for the details. It was all booked very quickly and we kept our stateroom.

For those looking for prices, 2A in a 5C cost $1,285.40. That's full price, no OBB discount.

Someone just posted on that thread they were told no one could book it until the 18th. I bet they have figured out that some CMs were doing this and have stopped it. Would expect they got quite a stern talking to.

Someone just posted on that thread they were told no one could book it until the 18th. I bet they have figured out that some CMs were doing this and have stopped it. Would expect they got quite a stern talking to.

I booked around 1900 today UK time, 1400 EST.

The latest poster on the cruise meet thread who wasn't able to book refers to having phoned DCL "early this afternoon". I don't know if that was before or after I called.

So it could depend on which CM you happen to get as there seems to have been mixed experiences over the last few days.

I booked around 1900 today UK time, 1400 EST.

The latest poster on the cruise meet thread who wasn't able to book refers to having phoned DCL "early this afternoon". I don't know if that was before or after I called.

So it could depend on which CM you happen to get as there seems to have been mixed experiences over the last few days.

According to my TA, she called DCL after I let her know people were booking and they said apparently there were a few bookings made that were NOT suppose to be made and now they have the cruise completely closed and locked up. Sounds like you won't even be able to get a quote now until Tuesday. They are going to allow those who made bookings to keep them, but nothing new until Tuesday.

There isn't a guarantee, but I would call DCL and explain to them exactly this. They may be able to reinstate your reservation, maybe not, but you won't know unless you ask. :)

I called DCL and was told that there are early November cruises that aren't listed publicly. We had previously booked the double dip on the Dream leaving on 11/13/2014 and as soon as the CM mentioned the double dip on the Dream leaving on 11/10/2014, I was thrilled! I don't know why Disney didn't automatically move us to this cruise instead of one in October?

Thanked the CM and then called Costco. Got a great TA named Brianna who spent about 45 minutes with Disney making sure everything got transferred correctly. We're all set now! Thank you all for the information you provided.

I called DCL and was told that there are early November cruises that aren't listed publicly. We had previously booked the double dip on the Dream leaving on 11/13/2014 and as soon as the CM mentioned the double dip on the Dream leaving on 11/10/2014, I was thrilled! I don't know why Disney didn't automatically move us to this cruise instead of one in October?

Thanked the CM and then called Costco. Got a great TA named Brianna who spent about 45 minutes with Disney making sure everything got transferred correctly. We're all set now! Thank you all for the information you provided.

Can you tell me what the 'double dip' is?
Thank you!

Do you know what the itinerary was for the 11/10 Dream? We were originally on the 11/13 and would be ok with the 10/23 but might want to switch depending on the itinerary.

So you were able to reinstate your reservation? YEAH!!! :cheer2: Considering how mixed up the information about these cruises has been with some TAs thinking they couldn't do anything until the 18th, it was worth a shot asking for DCL to consider doing that. So glad that it worked out for you. :)

I've been skimming through these posts and haven't seen anybody mention getting a discount or on board credit for any inconveniences this may have caused anybody.
In my case we were paying $2052 for 2a2c in an inside stateroom on the magic. Now we are paying $3100 for 4night dream cruise. Now we pay more for less nights. I feel like its not worth it. Am I the only one who feels this way?

I've been skimming through these posts and haven't seen anybody mention getting a discount or on board credit for any inconveniences this may have caused anybody.
In my case we were paying $2052 for 2a2c in an inside stateroom on the magic. Now we are paying $3100 for 4night dream cruise. Now we pay more for less nights. I feel like its not worth it. Am I the only one who feels this way?

Nope. I have said before, I feel like I've been part of a bait and switch.

Sent from my iPad using DISBoards

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

Latest posts

facebook twitter