• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

HEADS UP....Dream/Magic Itinerary Change Fall of 2014

I just called to change and they do not have prices on the Magic for the cruise I wanted for Nov 2014. But they did say that they will not open up that cruise until later next week for the public. At least they are giving us priority to book it again since we didn't want to be on the Wonder. They told me that they will be calling me back with the prices today! Hopefully, they will be good!

No OB credit for the change. For us to move back to the Magic for the week of Thanksgiving the cost is $6328 for a Cat 5B. That is with the 10% OBB discount.:eek:

I guess we won't be keeping that reservation either:sad2:

Maybe we will sail RCCL.

Oh no!!! I think we will do the same!!! How many people was that quote for? I did not get a call back yet.

No OB credit for the change. For us to move back to the Magic for the week of Thanksgiving the cost is $6328 for a Cat 5B. That is with the 10% OBB discount.:eek:

Maybe we will sail RCCL.

:eek:

I'm waiting for the Christmas or New Year's week pricing on the Magic since we're currently booked 12/30... seeing your Thanksgiving quote makes me think we'll be sticking with the Wonder.

You are correct on what you said. Nice reading comprehension,

The early 2014 Wonder & Magic cruises should remain unaffected, so you could probably safely book a cruise in the Wonder. If you are looking towards end of the year 2014, wait until all changes have been made to the guests' reservations in question (after June 18 )to book.

Sent from my iPhone using DISBoards

So, in a few days time, the Wonder should have more sailings opening up out of Miami? That would give me more options. Are the 3 PC Wonder sailings going to change to Miami you think? Or, since they are available on the site for bookings right now, will those 3 (hopefully), remain the same?

Maybe we will sail RCCL.

It's less expensive to go on the Fantasy in Nov 2014 for Thanksgiving Cruise because a family of 4 for a Cat 5B would be $6376 without the 10% OBB discount for us!

It's less expensive to go on the Fantasy in Nov 2014 for Thanksgiving Cruise because a family of 4 for a Cat 5B would be $6376 without the 10% OBB discount for us!

It's a little more for us because our one DS will be 14, but definitely cheaper on the Fantasy. it is still too expensive for us. Disney has officially priced us out of Caribbean cruises.

We will either go on a 3 night on the Magic in May, RCCL out if PC in November (anyone know what they are like with food allergies?) or just go straight to an AI instead. I am so sad.

It's a little more for us because our one DS will be 14, but definitely cheaper on the Fantasy. it is still too expensive for us. Disney has officially priced us out of Caribbean cruises.

We will either go on a 3 night on the Magic in May, RCCL out if PC in November (anyone know what they are like with food allergies?) or just go straight to an AI instead. I am so sad.

So the Magic IS doing Caribbean cruises out of PC instead of rotating Bahamas with Caribbean like it was scheduled to do in Miami? That stinks. I was hoping to take the Magic to the Bahamas since we can't take that much time off for a Caribbean cruise next December. I'm so sorry it isn't going to work out for you and your family. That price is ridiculous though. :eek:

So the Magic IS doing Caribbean cruises out of PC instead of rotating Bahamas with Caribbean like it was scheduled to do in Miami? That stinks. I was hoping to take the Magic to the Bahamas since we can't take that much time off for a Caribbean cruise next December. I'm so sorry it isn't going to work out for you and your family. That price is ridiculous though. :eek:

I called this morning since our cruise is one that was changed. We really wanted to be on the Magic (what we originally booked) but from what the CM told me the Magic is now doing 7 night eastern or western out of PC. The Dream will still do Bahamas.

As of now I am going to keep it like it is even though we really wanted the Magic. The CM did tell me if I did want to change to the Magic that I need to do it soon because the price now is really good. I am guessing the price will be going up?

I called this morning since our cruise is one that was changed. We really wanted to be on the Magic (what we originally booked) but from what the CM told me the Magic is now doing 7 night eastern or western out of PC. The Dream will still do Bahamas.

As of now I am going to keep it like it is even though we really wanted the Magic. The CM did tell me if I did want to change to the Magic that I need to do it soon because the price now is really good. I am guessing the price will be going up?

Thanks. We were planning to book December 17, 2014 on the Magic out of Miami but now that it will be doing the eastern and western routes, we probably will sail on the Dream again since we can only take a few days off. I'm sure the prices will be rising due to all the changes. Good luck. :)

Starting in Oct of 2014 the magic is going to do the East/West Caribbean. Is that correct? Is the itinerary going to be different then the Fantasy? It sounds like it's going to cost more than the Fantasy.:confused3

Just curious we will be booking an Oct 2014 cruise while on board the Dream this September.

Disney called us back and our price went up from $1053 for an adult for the 5 night to $1903 for the 7th night cruise on the Nov 23,2014 cruise in the same orginal stateroom we booked! The kids went up from $418 to $926! We were on the 5 day on the Magic orginally and wanted to stay on the Magic for the same day. I can't believe Disney is almost doubling their prices for only 2 extra days. We are so dissapoointed in how they handled this! I would expect better!! We will be cancelling too and looking at other cruise lines like RC!

Disney called us back and our price went up from $1053 for an adult for the 5 night to $1903 for the 7th night cruise on the Nov 23,2014 cruise in the same orginal stateroom we booked! The kids went up from $418 to $926! We were on the 5 day on the Magic orginally and wanted to stay on the Magic for the same day. I can't believe Disney is almost doubling their prices for only 2 extra days. We are so dissapoointed in how they handled this! I would expect better!! We will be cancelling too and looking at other cruise lines like RC!

I would really like to voice my disapproval about this. It seems an awful lot like bait and switch. We booked the Magic after they released the info about the refurb. We got a great price. Then they give us the old ship or the ability to pay an additional $3000. Anyone know who to call?

Starting in Oct of 2014 the magic is going to do the East/West Caribbean. Is that correct? Is the itinerary going to be different then the Fantasy? It sounds like it's going to cost more than the Fantasy.:confused3

Just curious we will be booking an Oct 2014 cruise while on board the Dream this September.

We were on the Nov 2014 Magic out of Miami. I wanted to stay on the Magic but the CM told me that the Magic is now (during the time frame of our cruise) doing 7 night Caribbean out of PC. The one I looked at was going to St. Thomas, St.Martin and Castaway. I am not sure where the western one goes.

Yes, the price went WAY up!! We wanted to stay on the Magic but for those 2 extra days the price went up $2200 and that is with our 10% OBB. I mentioned the high price to the CM and he said well you are doing a 7 night now. Yeah I understand that but $2200 more for an additional 2 days?!?!?! That is just way more than I am willing to pay! As of now I have kept everything the same. I have awhile to decide since the cruise is not until Nov 2014.

Yes, the price went WAY up!! We wanted to stay on the Magic but for those 2 extra days the price went up $2200 and that is with our 10% OBB. I mentioned the high price to the CM and he said well you are doing a 7 night now. Yeah I understand that but $2200 more for an additional 2 days?!?!?! That is just way more than I am willing to pay! As of now I have kept everything the same. I have awhile to decide since the cruise is not until Nov 2014.

That's ridiculous :faint: but I bet it has something to do with them having two ships in the same port doing the same itinerary. If they left the Magic at rather inexpensive rates then no one would sail the Fantasy due to it's higher prices.

So, in a few days time, the Wonder should have more sailings opening up out of Miami? That would give me more options. Are the 3 PC Wonder sailings going to change to Miami you think? Or, since they are available on the site for bookings right now, will those 3 (hopefully), remain the same?

Bump :)

Wow that's crazy. It's weird that they are sailing two ships out of the same port with the same itinerary. I would love to see more 5 night cruise out of PC with the two stops at castaway cay. I had considered booking the Oct 22 next year out of Miami that went to key west and castaway. It looks like that cruise will now be the Wonder. I have a feeling the cruises out of Miami on the Wonder aren't going to sell. We may see some big discounts on these.

Wow that's crazy. It's weird that they are sailing two ships out of the same port with the same itinerary. I would love to see more 5 night cruise out of PC with the two stops at castaway cay.

Yeah, I do not understand that!?!?! I asked the CM about the Fantasy thinking maybe it would be going to Miami but he said it was staying at PC and doing 7 nights like it has been. Makes no sense to me. I too would love to see more 5 nights.

Anyone called and received an OBC for the change? I'm thinking we will keep the oct 23rd dream cruise but our party is super bummed cause it was going to be around 3 birthdays and now its 3 weeks before. I'm just thinking they should give us something to make up for the changes. (Am I greedy??)

If they were doing this with the 2013 cruises, I would guess they would be including an OBC. Since the cruises are over a year out, I doubt they would consider that.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter