• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Headphones for toddler

luckyfin

Coming out of hiding
Can anyone recommend a good durable pair of headphones for a toddler that are reasonably priced? I would like to purchase some for our travels but I'm clueless here.

I just bought a pair of cheap $10 ear buds. As long as there's a movie on in the car he likes, he'll wear them. He has a big sis and does everything she does, that helps a bit.

I went to Best Buy and bought a child's size set for about $10. I didn't think my boys would keep ear buds in, they worked fine and they boys didn't break them. I don't remember what brand I bought, it was the only set of "junior" earphones I could find (I went to a few stores before I found them).

I recently bought my daughter (3) a pair of child sized headphones at Target for use on a plane and they worked great and were inexpensive (I did get them on sale though).

I got a pair of inexpensive foam ones (not ear buds b/c my kids would hate them - sore ears and falling out all time). I didn't want to invest alot of money because they are pretty hard on "stuff" like that.

We also got the Kidzgear ones for our DD. She really likes them and calls them her "ear pods". :)

Thanks everyone for the input. I think I'll try the earbuds first to see if she will tolerate those. If not, looks like I'm headed to Best Buy or Target!

We have the Kidgear one's for our DD who is two and a half. She loves wearing them :goodvibes

My dil bought two pair for the grandkids and it was more for the loud things in Disney ....Some of the shows and rides are extremely loud......these worked well for a while

I had bought 2 pair of foam ones from TJ Maxx or Marshalls for about $6 or $7, and they've been awesome. I use a pair at work, and a pair for travel, and DS tolerates them for DVDs on the plane. Both my DH and I are not fans of ear buds, so when I saw the foam ones, I snatched 'em up!

We had the Sony for kids from target. They were $16 per pair, I think. They have lasted us about 4 years and are still around. I just saw them at target last week.

We had the Sony for kids from target. They were $16 per pair, I think. They have lasted us about 4 years and are still around. I just saw them at target last week.

This is what I have but I got them at Walmart for around $14. Work like a charm! I expect the plane ride down this year will be much more enjoyable as our dvd player doesn't have a very loud volume and he couldn't hear it well. These work awesome and since they are for kids they have the lower volume level or whatever it's called so they don't hurt the kids hearing.

I tried the earbuds and even the smallest attachment was still too big for DD's ears. Looks like I'm headed out to the stores this week. I'm usually all about the amazon shopping, but I think I want to be able to take a good look at them in person before I buy. Thanks for everyone's input!

Regular size foam-covered headphones for $5.88 and $4.88 at WalMart, cheap enough if they are broken or lost we aren't out much. We just bought them today for this weekend's trip and she would not take them off all afternoon, even when no watching/listening to anything. She is 2y8m and they fit just fine.

We bought the Kidzgear headphones for our 2.5 yr old DD too. They've been through a few long distance car trips & a trip to Disney as well as some use at home. They work great and have held up really well. DD likes that there isn't any outside noise when she's wearing them so she can hear her dvd rather than the car or plane noise.

Thanks for the advice and the links. I have found the regular-size headphones are too large on the head of my petite DD8. I have had trouble finding them at Target but I'll have to keep looking there and at Walmart. DS will be 6 next month and we're getting him a DS, so headphones are on my shopping list once again.

PHXscuba

We have some small Sony ones for kids. The problem that I have had with them is they have sound limiter. I know that is good for little ears, but when you are in a noisey airplane they pretty much don't work. At least ours didn't. I just bought my kids some cheep noise-reducing headphones for Christmas. They are larger, but they still work for my 3 year old. Just a thought if your primary reason for buying is for the airplane.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter