Heading to the Fort August 2016

fireupchips

Earning My Ears
I have been lurking on this board for a while now and finally decided to post. We are heading to the Fort August 2016 and I am so excited and can't help but start planning! We were there 5 years ago for 14 days and plan to do 14 days again in August. I am sure I will have many questions within the next year and I know the experts here will be very helpful!

I have been lurking on this board for a while now and finally decided to post. We are heading to the Fort August 2016 and I am so excited and can't help but start planning! We were there 5 years ago for 14 days and plan to do 14 days again in August. I am sure I will have many questions within the next year and I know the experts here will be very helpful!
We'll be checking in on August 8th till the 22th
From what Everyone here says it's not as busy as July
Normally we come down right after the 4th of July, but this year our youngest son is getting married at that time so we decided to come down later

We will be there from the 13th to the 22nd, booked a premium, requested the 400 loop. Right now we are working on the planning for the February 2016 trip. But once ADR opens up for the August trip I know we will start planning that one as well.

We are thinking August 1-14th. We want a preferred site but have a couple dogs so I am assuming we will be in the 300 loop?

We are thinking August 1-14th. We want a preferred site but have a couple dogs so I am assuming we will be in the 300 loop?

That would be the logical pairing, fireupchips. Preferred + Pet = 300 loop unless it's full or something.

And welcome to the DIS Camping Board. :welcome: :disrocks:

Bama Ed

We'll be there next year too! 8/4-8/11. We booked Premium.
Welcome to the camping boards! I've been asking some questions myself since this will be our first trip to the Fort and these folks have been giving me some great advice and info.

Good chance you would end up in the 300 if you did not specify a loop. Personally I would request the 300 as it has a good walking loop for pets and very close to the dog park.

Only reason we went premium this year was the person setting up the grand gathering thought it would be a nice change and less hassle for me to get my rig into one of the sites. We chose the same loop for the trip with Caren and her children because she did not want to have to help spot getting me into one of the 300 loop sites plus the 400 loop is a good location for that trip. Close enough to the dog park for my Aussie and close enough to everything else for the trips to the parks.

We decided to get a golf cart so we were thinking of a full hook up site instead of preferred. Any particular loops we should consider?

We decided to get a golf cart so we were thinking of a full hook up site instead of preferred. Any particular loops we should consider?

There is not much difference to the 4 loops in my opinion. I prefer to be away from the main road and the bus and other traffic. Its also a decent walk to the dog park from there. Even in the 300 loop we got a golf cart, and I really need to reserve one for August next year before I forget and cant get one. Since its not the normal group going down on that trip I lack the ability to tow a second trailer and bring our own down like we do with the other group.

We will be there as well 8/13-8/27! We are thinking of renting a C class RV and driving down from Pa. Any tips for rentals? First timers here.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter