Heading to Disney in October...my oldest DD will turn 16 while there....

KristiA

Mouseketeer
and our middle daughter will be close to turning 13 (but we won't be there for her bday). Of course the trip is their big gift, but I would still like to do something fun/special while there? Any ideas? Help...not very creative here:)

I just found the disneyflorist.com website. They have a lot of cute things! More than just flowers! Have fun!

My son turned 16 in August while we were there. I told him he could do anything he wanted in Disney. I was thinking a tour or something. He chose to do the Kitchen Sink at Beaches and Cream. It was fun! They attached a birthday balloon to it. He took it off and tied it to his backpack. So...there is this 16 year old going through Disney with his birthday balloon on his backpack!

Have fun whatever you choose to do!
Lori

My girls loved getting massages at the Wilderness Lodge fitness center one year - I think they were about that age or maybe a little older. First they did the parasailing adventure, then we took a boat over to the WL and they had a massage. Still one of the most favorite things they've done at Disney!!

Also, one year we did the Wishes cruise at the Magic Kingdom and that was excellent, too. I would think of it as a real splurge that would be a great birthday treat.

Of course any of the character or special dinners would be fun, too.

The Segway tours and the dolphin diving adventures are also great fun!!!

I guess it really depends on their likes, taste etc.

The Afternoon Tea at the Grand Floridian is really nice, but more reserved and quiet

I always love the look and smell of the Mandera Spa at the Swan/Dolphin.

A special meal, either combined or each picking out a special place and maybe ordering a custom cake??

Fireworks cruise, but thats pretty pricey.

Get each of them a special hat to bring and have each country in Epcot have a castmember write Happy Birthday on their hat in the countrys language.

Also really depends on your budget too.

Best of luck with the planning and have a great trip.

It's on the pricey side, but I took DD9 on the Wild Africa Trek at AK for her 9th birthday. She is a huge animal lover so it was a great experience for her. I would like to take her on the Backstage Safari (which I did for my birthday a few years ago) but the minimum age is 16. It's quite a bit cheaper than the Wild Africa Trek, but it is more informative than "adventurous".

Another fun thing was the Segway tour at Ft. Wilderness. I did that one for my birthday too and loved it! It's not every day you get to ride on a Segway:thumbsup2.

order her a cinderella slipper chocolate dessert! we got ours during dinner at California Grill and it was both cute and delicious.

We were in Disney this past August when my DD turned 16. As a surprise on her birthday we did the Wishes Cruise from the Grand Floridian but on the Yacht! It was about $200 more than the regular cruise (but I did use the discounted Disney Gift cards that I previously purchased!). It wound up being a major storm that night with rain and lightning. We had relatives that we were supposed to meet coming from the Magic Kingdom. They couldn't make it on time so our drive said 'We will pick them up at the MK!' How many people c an say that they pulled up to the Magic Kingdom on a yacht!:rotfl2: It was so funny!!! I have to say, even though we never got to see Wishes that night due to the storm, this was the highlight of our trip and something we will never forget.

When DD took her BFF with us for her first visit, I took them to the Cape May Cafe for the character breakfast at the Beach Club - they loved it! Also, the afternoon tea at the Grand Floridian is a very special thing to do!

My DD who is 16 wants to do the Tomorrowland Terrance Dessert thing at MK and watch the fireworks from there. I think it is only $29 a person. Illumination Cruise is expensive but would be great. Going to the Spa or the Afternoon Tea may be fun for her depending on what she likes.

do they have favorite characters? We loved the breakfast at 1900 Park Fare with Alice, Mad Hatter etc. Our DD was 16 at the time and still raves about it even tho we didn't go as a birthday. Kinda corny but eating at Sci-Fi would be cute with the whole eating in a car/getting her license at 16 thing. You could get a keychain or somthing with her name or character on it and leave it ahead of time at the restaurant and they could bring it out to her, something along those lines. For the DD turning 13 she can have the "shot-gun" seat with new sunglasses, CD of a fav band with cool music to play...splurge on the drinks with the light up cubes for a souvee. Another fun thing is the Mouseboats. My kids LOVE them and used to split the 1/2 hour but once DS was tall enough to drive alone, we budgeted for each to have their own. It is really cool for them, and you can get some great pictures.

HAVE A GREAT TRIP!!!!!!!!!!!

We were there in June when my son turned 16. We let him choose what he wanted to do and he chose the segway tour at Epcot. You have to be 16 to do it, so he and my older son did it on his birthday. They had a great time. Then, because he is so into cars, I surprised him with a ride-a-long in a Lamborghini at the Walt Disney Speedway. He said that was amazing. We've been to Disney many times so it was fun for him to be able to do something that he'd never done before. :)

We love doing a mother/daughter tea at the Grand Floridian...you can dress as casual or fancy as you wish- no dress code and it is not stuffy, just nice and pleasant. We are not super frou-frou girls and did not know if we would enjoy it, but we have gone twice now because we loved it so much the first time.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter