HEA Dessert Party (Plaza) or SW Dessert Pary

Crystal824

DIS Veteran
We have a family of 6 heading to WDW in April. Our party includes DH, three kids (7,3, and 10 mo.), my mom, and me. We are Disney vets but have only done one dessert party a LONG time ago when the MK Dessert party was only on the Terrace and was approx. $25 per person. Yes, that was a LONG time ago in a galaxy far away. I've kind of been anti-dessert party due to the pricing. However, now that we have the third kid and my mom who uses an ECV with us, I'm reconsidering that stance for convenience.

I have both parties booked right now, but I don't know if I really want to spend that MUCH on dessert. We have never seen HEA or these SWs fireworks. DH and my oldest child are huge SW fans. DH's birthday is during this trip so I was leaning toward the SW party as a birthday gift. However, I would like to have a good view of HEA without waiting a long time with three kids. The ECV and the double stroller make it impossible to squeeze into spots at the last minute so we generally get to these shows early. I've heard it is hard to see HEA projections without a good spot, and it is imperative to get there really early.

Any advice? Which one would you choose? Would you do both?

Last edited:
I've done both and I would also recommend HEA.

HEA-you can sit at tables and relax in Tomorrowland Terrace beforehand while eating your desserts. Then make your way over to the plaza garden and you get a great view without waiting too long. If you don't do the dessert party, there are places to get there and wait, but you have to be there early, and with kids and an ECV, you are correct it could be harder to find a good spot. The projections are wonderful and an integral part of the show.

SW-the food is better and there are alcoholic drinks. But it is all standing only, so can be exhausting after a day of touring. They do have lower tables so your mom could probably stay in her ECV, but everyone else would need to stand. You are more able to find a good view there walking up before the show (you still should get there with plenty of time to spare). The show is also not as impressive, with so much emphasis on projections on the buildings rather than actual fireworks. And this is coming from a huge Star Wars fan!

I am doing HEA dessert party again on my upcoming March trip (and maybe even again in December), while I probably won't make it a priority to rearrange my schedule to even see the Star Wars fireworks!

I will say I think the Party where they walk you to the Tony's Plaza (fake grass area) was much better than the Terrace Party. We have done both and with the Garden you could see the projections much better. We had a what I thought was good seat at the Tomorrowland terrace right on the railing but you couldn't see the center of the castle. The kids didn't know any better and loved seeing Tinkerbell come right over head (I mean you could see her face) but the projections on the castle were not very visible. For the price they charged you should have an amazing seat and the terrace just didn't cut it for me. I can't speak to the SW party but we have found good viewing every time we are there. IMO HEA is the way to go.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter