• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

He Was Bitten, Bitten By The Bug! A Nov-Dec '12 TR **WRAP UP 7/26**

Yay! I'm glad your back! Good on you for working so hard towards your goal of moving to Florida. :goodvibes

I'm glad everything is okay now for Phoenix.

Great update, besides the annoying kids.

Thanks. I'm often tired but getting a house in FL will be worth it for sure!

I'm so glad too. I was extremely worried about him for a few days but he is back to normal already, just 4 days post-op.

Another update is coming, and thankfully that family wound up on a different boat than me! :cool1:

Yay for an update!! I love all your pictures, and this will help with the fact the Jungle Cruise is being rehabbed on our next trip.

I am so glad to hear you are doing well on achieving your goal!! Owning your own home in FL will be an awesome pay off :) Keep us all updated on your progress!!

Well darn that JC will be rehabbing while you are there. There is always something I really like being rehabbed when I'm there too.

Will do! I'm excited knowing by the end of the year I should be a home owner. :cheer2:

Yay for MK on the last day. I think in the future I'm going to try to make it my first and last park. I didn't start out at MK on my solo trip and didn't like it.

I love Casey's hotdogs!

Great pictures from the Swiss Family Tree House. I haven't climbed up there in a few years, but when I do, I take a lot of pictures.

Jungle Cruise is another one I end up photographing extensively. I almost always go through the FP line too so a lot of what you posted was new to me. What a bummer you had to deal with the rude kids though, hope they didn't ruin the cruise for you if they were on your boat.

Hi! Glad you made it back to the boards. It isn't much fun to have to work so many hours, but it sounds like things are shaping up nicely for you and it will all be worth the effort in the end.

I kind of discovered Casey's on our last trip and I was impressed by it. Those buns really kind of detract from it though. They're just way too much bread and they're so dry. And I even got a chili dog, and I still thought it was too dry even though it was soaking up moisture from the chili. :rotfl2:

Great pictures from the treehouse and the Jungle Cruise queue. I always love seeing all the gags they have to look at there as you're waiting in line.

Yay for MK on the last day. I think in the future I'm going to try to make it my first and last park. I didn't start out at MK on my solo trip and didn't like it.

I love Casey's hotdogs!

Great pictures from the Swiss Family Tree House. I haven't climbed up there in a few years, but when I do, I take a lot of pictures.

Jungle Cruise is another one I end up photographing extensively. I almost always go through the FP line too so a lot of what you posted was new to me. What a bummer you had to deal with the rude kids though, hope they didn't ruin the cruise for you if they were on your boat.

I really need MK to be my first park. I'm okay if it isn't my last, but I need to see that Castle on my first day! :cloud9:

This trip was the first time I had climbed up the Swiss Family Treehouse since I was a teenager.

I take a lot of pictures in both the line, due to the funny signs, and ride on JC. I can say that thankfully the family in front of me was put on a different boat. :cool1:

Hi! Glad you made it back to the boards. It isn't much fun to have to work so many hours, but it sounds like things are shaping up nicely for you and it will all be worth the effort in the end.

I kind of discovered Casey's on our last trip and I was impressed by it. Those buns really kind of detract from it though. They're just way too much bread and they're so dry. And I even got a chili dog, and I still thought it was too dry even though it was soaking up moisture from the chili. :rotfl2:

Great pictures from the treehouse and the Jungle Cruise queue. I always love seeing all the gags they have to look at there as you're waiting in line.

I actually don't mind working the long hours as that paycheck is wonderful to get! :thumbsup2

I agree that the bun was way too dry. That's mostly why I though it was just okay.

The gags always make me laugh. They are corny and some are kinda stupid, but they make me smile and giggle every time.

So, I just did something crazy....I booked a trip for WDW for this September!!!! :cool1::woohoo::yay: Don't get too excited yet, as there is a good chance I won't be going. Let me explain:

I decided not to do the mini-TR for my trip to Florida in April as it was kind of a crappy trip and I didn't really want to relive it. It had it's good moments for sure, but more bad. Then this trip in December was certainly good overall, but being sick kind of dampened my enjoyment. Once I buy my house I know I won't be able to take a vacation for a while, and I hated to think my last 2 vacations were less-than-fantastic. Plus, I'm working non-stop so I can't even take one day off to do anything fun all summer. Add to that, my friend Steve has had a really rough year so far and could really use a vacation. When I saw the Free Dining for September I decided to ask him what he thought. He wants to, but won't know for sure if he can until sometime in the next 3 weeks. Because there are limited rooms at each hotel that can be booked under the Free Dining I figured I'd book it and if we don't go I will just be sure to cancel before the deadline. I really, really, really hope we can go though. I don't really want to do another solo trip so I'm only going to go if Steve is coming too. So, I'd say the chances right now are 50/50, but seeing as how a week ago I would have thought there was zero chance, I'll take that for now!

The plans, subject to drastic change if Steve can go but needs different dates, are to be there September 8-14th, Caribbean Beach Resort with free Dining plan.

I'm trying not to get too excited as I don't want to be really disappointed if we don't go....but I did already make dining reservations for each day! :rotfl2::lmao::rotfl: I'm in trouble for sure!

Well of course it's a little crazy but it's Disney so that makes it all right!! :rotfl: I spent an entire day last week "planning" a long weekend in August because there is going to be a big DIS meet for the Monsters Inc. dance party on the 25th. Of course it was all just dreaming, I really can't go in August.

For October I haven't even decided which week I want to go. I really want to be there for our Anniversary but with all of the Free Dining being extended rumors, I may have to delay a week because our original dates don't fall in the FD period. So right now I'm sitting on two weeks of ADRs! I was able to make all of the ADRs I wanted for the second week except for BOG. Now I'm just waiting to see if FD is extended before I can make a final decision.

And on top of all that, I'm working on the Feb 2014 family trip! As of right now we have 16 people coming but it may be upwards of 40 people since my Cousin is getting married while we are there. :faint: No one can seem to make up their mind whether they are coming. :confused3 I've decided that I'm just going to worry about my little group which consists of me, Mom, DB and SIL. Our ADR date for that trip is August 12th so I'm going to be cracking the whip when I go up home to visit in a few weeks.

Whew, maybe all that will make yours seem a little less crazy. :rotfl2:

First off, :cool1: for booking the Septemember trip! I would have done the same as you and booked it before the free dining deal slipped through your fingers. Hopefully, you and Steve will get to go.

You took some really neat pictures while waiting in line for Jungle Cruise. At least if you were taking pictures, you could kind of keep your mind off the pesky kids in front of you.:sad2:

Well of course it's a little crazy but it's Disney so that makes it all right!! :rotfl: I spent an entire day last week "planning" a long weekend in August because there is going to be a big DIS meet for the Monsters Inc. dance party on the 25th. Of course it was all just dreaming, I really can't go in August.

For October I haven't even decided which week I want to go. I really want to be there for our Anniversary but with all of the Free Dining being extended rumors, I may have to delay a week because our original dates don't fall in the FD period. So right now I'm sitting on two weeks of ADRs! I was able to make all of the ADRs I wanted for the second week except for BOG. Now I'm just waiting to see if FD is extended before I can make a final decision.

And on top of all that, I'm working on the Feb 2014 family trip! As of right now we have 16 people coming but it may be upwards of 40 people since my Cousin is getting married while we are there. :faint: No one can seem to make up their mind whether they are coming. :confused3 I've decided that I'm just going to worry about my little group which consists of me, Mom, DB and SIL. Our ADR date for that trip is August 12th so I'm going to be cracking the whip when I go up home to visit in a few weeks.

Whew, maybe all that will make yours seem a little less crazy. :rotfl2:

Reading all of that does make me feel a little better! :rotfl: Good luck getting all of that in place and organized. I agree that you should deal with your small group versus trying to corral everyone else who can't make decisions.

First off, :cool1: for booking the Septemember trip! I would have done the same as you and booked it before the free dining deal slipped through your fingers. Hopefully, you and Steve will get to go.

You took some really neat pictures while waiting in line for Jungle Cruise. At least if you were taking pictures, you could kind of keep your mind off the pesky kids in front of you.:sad2:

I didn't want to wait and have him say sure, then find out there were no more FD rooms left at CBR. I really want to stay at CBR, so getting it booked was a no-brainer. If we aren't going then I'll cancel before the 45 day deadline and get my money back.

I think that is part of why I took so many pictures, so help ignore the bratty kids. :lmao:

Loved your last updates...and terrific pictures.

I will keep my fingers and toes crossed that you and Steve get to go in September.

Cool!! I hope we keep at least part of those dates then and we can try to arrange to meet-up. :goodvibes

Definitely! We have a pretty packed schedule, but maybe some of our days will overlap and fingers crossed we are healthy this time!!

Did you know about the Villians Bash at DHS on Friday the 13th (ooooo spooooky!)

Definitely! We have a pretty packed schedule, but maybe some of our days will overlap and fingers crossed we are healthy this time!!

Did you know about the Villians Bash at DHS on Friday the 13th (ooooo spooooky!)

Yup! Planned on us being there that day :goodvibes

DAY FIVE, MONDAY DECEMBER 3RD, PART TWO

After a much-longer-than-anticipated wait in line for Jungle Cruise I was finally boarding my ship:

My captain was Maya, and she was fantastic! Very funny and nice. I was sitting right up front by her since I was the first one to board. Some pictures along our cruise of various rivers:

Watch out, Ginger Snaps!

When we got here:

We got into a back-up due to someone in a wheelchair disembarking several boats ahead of us. You can see the edge of the boat in front of us in that picture. We were stopped for about 5 minutes, so Maya started taunting the captain in front of us, who she is apparently friends with. He started yelling back and they wound up deciding to have both boats do the wave. We did it a few times and then they started making up jokes about the wait until we started moving again.

Once I got off my boat I decided to head here:

But it was down. So I headed to Splash Mountain next, but the wait was posted as 40 minutes so I got a Fastpass instead. Actually the machine accidentally spit out 2 FPs for me. It was currently 1:45pm, and the FPs didn't start until 2:25pm so I walked next door to BTMR. The posted wait was 30 minutes, which would work well so I got in line.

While waiting in line I took pictures out the window cut-outs along the way.

Thankfully, unlike Jungle Cruise, the wait wound up being less than the posted time and I was in a line for a seat in less than 25 minutes. I got a few shots in here while waiting for a train to arrive.

CONTINUED IN THE NEXT POST

I was on the train soon. I tried taking pictures while on the ride, but only got one.

Once I got done with BTMR it was just a minute before my FP time for Splash, so I headed there, to see it was being shut down the line was being evacuated. Since I couldn't use my FP then I headed over to see if Pirates was back up yet before the crowd leaving Splash made it there. Thankfully it was, and the line wasn't too bad since these guys were out front:

After one quick picture I got in line, relieved there was only a 15 minute wait.

And I, of course, took pictures along the walk and wait.

I only managed to get one good picture along my pirate experience.

I wandered back into Frontierland...

And found that Splash Mountain had just been re-opened! Unfortunately the stand-by line was already 50 minutes. Fortunately I used my FP and only had to wait about 5 minutes. I did still manage to get some pictures walking in.

And then I was on my way, zippity-do-daing away.

We made it up and then down the 52' hill and then...we stopped.

If you read my last TR from my trip in February '12 you may remember that both times I rode Splash during that trip it got stuck. Once at the bottom of the climb for the big hill and once in the outside section before the big drop. Now I got stuck outside right after the big hill, immediately after the drop. Thankfully it was only about 5 minutes so it was more likely a delay in loading/unloading than a ride issue. And I was stuck next to a pretty waterfall, so that was nice too!

Then we continued on our ride.

CONTINUED IN THE NEXT POST

More pictures of Splash Mountain

When I made it out to the exit area with the pictures there were none up since we took so long to get there. Thankfully I was able to find mine with a CMs help and upload it to my Photopass.

I guess I was tired!

I was happy to find I was not really wet, since it was warm, but not warm enough to want to be wet! The only parts of me that were wet were the top of my head, and my butt from the seat!

I continued my clockwise tour of Magic Kingdom and made it to The Haunted Mansion. Since this was the posted wait:

I got in line. It was really only about 20 minutes from getting in line to on the Doom Buggy. But I spent those 20 minutes taking more pictures! Before line pictures though I got one of the then-still-being-built Rapunzel area.

And then a few outside line pictures

When we got to the Stretching Room I took some pictures of the painting, pre- and post-stretch

And I even got one of the hanging!

Once I was in my Doom Buggy we headed into the mansion. We stopped 3 times while I was in there, but only for a minute each time. The first stop was in front of the changing paintings, where I managed to get the only good picture I took inside.

A shot of the graveyard on my way out, including Mr. Toad.

I headed into Fantasyland and got myself a FP for Peter Pan. It was 4pm then and the FP wasn't good until 6:55pm so I had some time to kill. I was hungry so I just went across the walkway into Pinocchio Village Haus.

They had changed their menu and no longer had what I normally ate there. I tried the Pepperoni Flatbread, which did not come with a side. It was good, but I wished it had a side to break up the taste some.

I sat next to the window that overlooks the line for It's a Small World and waved to guests while I ate.

I really like this window in the restaurant!

I wound up eating only about half the flatbread as the cheese started to get overwhelming. The chocolate gelato was good, but I also ate only a bit of that. My stomach was feeling a bit off once I finished eating, so I tried to decide what to do next that would allow my stomach to settle some. Where should I go?

NEXT TIME: CATCH THOSE JEWELS, I NEED THEM!!!

Wow, that was a long update!

Glad you got a good captain on the JC. What no picture of the backside of water?? :rotfl: I've gotten stuck like that at the end and the captain started telling cheesy jokes. I think they may have some scripted stuff for instances when they get stuck.

Bummer for Pirates being down but at least you got to ride it later.

I miss Splash! Due to closures or cold weather I haven't ridden it since 2011. It better be warm enough and not undergoing rehab in October!

I got stuck in HM on my solo trip in front of those portaits too! I've got a similar picture that I will be posting when I get to that installment.

I have yet to eat at Pinnochios. Mom and I did walk through there in November just to see the place. I just love CHH and Caseys too much and always end up there. I know I won't be eating there in October because DH is not a fan of Italian food.

Awesome pics....great update! :goodvibes

Thanks!

Wow, that was a long update!

Glad you got a good captain on the JC. What no picture of the backside of water?? :rotfl: I've gotten stuck like that at the end and the captain started telling cheesy jokes. I think they may have some scripted stuff for instances when they get stuck.

Bummer for Pirates being down but at least you got to ride it later.

I miss Splash! Due to closures or cold weather I haven't ridden it since 2011. It better be warm enough and not undergoing rehab in October!

I got stuck in HM on my solo trip in front of those portaits too! I've got a similar picture that I will be posting when I get to that installment.

I have yet to eat at Pinnochios. Mom and I did walk through there in November just to see the place. I just love CHH and Caseys too much and always end up there. I know I won't be eating there in October because DH is not a fan of Italian food.

I know it's long, but I want to get this finished in case I do go in September :goodvibes

Maya was a great skipper for sure! She did give some of the scripted lines for the wait but I think she ran out so she started heckling her friend in the next boat. :rotfl:

How funny you got a similar picture of the portraits on HM. I'll keep an eye out for it on your TR!

Pinnochios is good, but not my favorite. I really love Pecos Bills and Cosmic Ray's, but since it was my third day at MK I wanted to have a little variety.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter