HDDR Question

AndreaDM

<font color=red>Yeah...we mainly colored that day<
Who has taken their kids to the 9:30 dinner show at HDDR? We could do it our first night since we will get in sometime in the afternoon and are not doing a park that day, just plan to relax at the pool and unpack. I was thinking we'd head over to FW around 7:30 to partake in the campfire singalong, then head to HDDR by 9. It is DH, me and our 7 year old DD. Now, she is a night owl and will have no problem staying up that late, however, my "plan" is to be at Epcot by 8 the next morning. Am I being completely unrealistic here? She is used to eating dinner later at home as well, we rarely eat before 7 or 8, plus I'm sure we'd have some snacks that afternoon. Maybe try to lay down for a little before heading to FW? Knowing us though, we'll be so full of Disney excitement we won't be able to sleep! One good thing is that our flight doesn't leave home until noon that day, so no getting up early. I really, really want to experience HDDR and this is pretty much the only way it's going to work out. Let me know how your kids handled the 9:30 show! TIA! :goodvibes

My DD is much older now but she would fall aleep at the table at the later show. The struggle to get her up the next morning was not worth it. The food is also fresher and tastier at the earliers shows. I suggest the 5 pm show then you can check out the campfire afterwards.

That would be my choice, but since we're going next month, earlier reservations are hard to come by. I really don't think she'll have a problem staying up, it's the next morning I'm concerned about. O well, maybe I just need to loosen up a bit and go with the flow! It's not the end of the world if we don't make rope drop!

That works too. I didn't realize you were going so soon. Rope drop can wait for another day. I wish I was going in a month, I just love HDDR we do it every trip!

The food at the 9:30 HDDR is as fresh as at 5. I've seen small children at the late show and they were all fine. The lively music and dancing and the washboard playing will keep them awake. But that early EMH the next morning will be very tough.

I have a similar decision to make with our trip. I think I have decided that the 9:30 showing is too late with little kids. Check out the thread I started regarding this debate I think you might find it helpful. http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2465138 There is also a link to another thread on that page that you might find helpful. Happy Planning :goodvibes

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter