Hawaiian cruise

plutojudy

When you wish upon a star.....
Do any of the ships that sail around Hawaii compare to the Disney experience? Anyone have any stories? I want to know the good and the bad.

My girlfriend and her family went on one of the NCL ships that cruises around the Islands. Now they haven't been on Disney but she did say that this cruise around the Islands was fabulous, and they've been on many cruises. Said there was plenty to do aboard and great shore excursions. HTH :)

I haven't been on one, but we visit the islands frequently and I pass the ships on my way out to scuba. They are very small compared with the Magic and Wonder and the majority of the people we see coming ashore are seniors. I do have a friend that went on the NCL and complained about a lack of activities on the sea days to and from the Midway Islands, but said the excursions were great. It may be a good way to see the islands if you've never been. Go in the winter so you see the whales.

There will soon be a NCL ship, Pride of Aloha, that does around the Hawaiian island cruises and it will be USA flagged and USA crewed. It will not have to go to any foreign port and will stay in the Hawaiian islands for the entire cruise. They are having a few 1-night cruise fund raisers for charities here when that ship finally gets here. In, fact the Pride of Aloha is coming over here from port in Washington state and they are having a west coast cruise on their way over here.

The Norwegian Star currently doing weekly cruises here has to go all the way to Fanning Island and back to comply with current laws. I think that is the biggest draw back a lot of folks don't care for in doing that cruise. As far as size of the ships go, the Norwegian Star looks to me bigger than the DCL ships. I see every Sunday at port next to Aloha Tower. I believe its 91,000 tons and takes on about 2,200 passengers and 1,100 crew..

Been a lot in the news here about this stuff. Later in the year there will be another ship added to do around the island cruises.

paulmc80, we are looking into that one and it looks very good! Thanks.

There are also a couple of ocean going ferry's being built for going between the islands here. Sort of interesting. You can check those out at www.hawaiisuperferry.com Pretty sure you wouldn't want to do that though. lol

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter