Having to go everywhere in a wheelchair can i swim with Dolphins

Nicolatinks

Earning My Ears
Hello, I'm a full time wheelchair user and I would Love to know can i swim with the Dolphins as is a dream. Does Discovery Cove have their own wheelchairs that take you into the water. As much info as someone can reply I would be grateful.
Thank you
Nicola Daniel

Hello, I'm a full time wheelchair user and I would Love to know can i swim with the Dolphins as is a dream. Does Discovery Cove have their own wheelchairs that take you into the water. As much info as someone can reply I would be grateful.
Thank you
Nicola Daniel

From the Discovery Cove website:

"Disabled Guests
Discovery Cove can accommodate guests with disabilities who are able to maneuver themselves with limited assistance (or with the aid of a personal assistant) during their dolphin experience and in the various wading locations. Discovery Cove also offers specially-designed outdoor wheelchairs with oversized tires for easy maneuvering on the beach. The wheelchairs are not self-maneuverable and guests will need assistance operating them. Wheelchairs can be reserved by calling 1-877-557-7404."

http://www.discoverycove.com/Plan/FAQ.aspx#gpi8

Hi Thank you for your response, can they assist me into the pool via a sling as unable to stand or walk, or via hoist and also same way on sand wheelchairs and do those wheelchairs go into the water? Sorry forthe questions, thanks nicola

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter