Having the best time!!

Meemoo

DIS Veteran
We arrived last Monday, and have been having a great time. We are doing a split stay with Grand Cal dvc villas and hojos. We took advantage of the early entries whilst at gc but we got pretty tired. Still are tired in fact we've been doing so much walking around 18kms a day according to my iPhone. Loved the villas at gc, the convenience was amazing and you can tell its aulani's older sister! First early entry was not like I imagined. It was a Tuesday morning I pictured to my magic morning 10 years ago walking in seeing characters with no lines walking on rides but it was super crazing busy. I can't understand why because every other week day has been perfect in the morning so not the perfect Disneyland intro I visioned for my kids first time but hey it's Disneyland we still loved it. We checked into hojo yesterday and to be honest I was preparing myself for disappointment after the villas at grand cal but it was not the case. It's very tidy, clean and just nice, well cared for property. We're in a deluxe room, the hallways outside have been recently refurbished, nicely painted new carpet and Disneyland attraction posters. I don't really like the walk to Disneyland but other than that it's great for the price we paid which was less with our travel agent than direct with them. One thing I am so impressed with is photo pass plus we have so many great photos already and I love look for new photo ops. We've had a car the last few days so we've hit the shops and outlets, our suitcases are already fully expanded and we still have 4 nights followed by 6 in Hawaii!! A new suitcase may be in order. Last night we did the blue bayou dinner fantasmic package, totally worth it. The food and atmosphere was great, services, meh, but the view front and centre of fantasmic was second to none and was great to have the fireworks follow complete with projections on the water and fake snow for the frozen segment just as they do on Main Street. Will report more later. Bed is calling me now.

We had an amazing time - love love love Disney! I am glad we stayed on site for half of the time because the walking each day just in the parks is pushing the limits of my children in the heat (it was 30 plus when we were there) After we moved over to Hojos although the trip wasn't too far it was far enough that even I whinged about walking back after a long day. So next time - on site! So no stopping in Hawaii and using up DVC points on Aulani!!! I did love Aulani but it was our 3rd visit so its time for something different next time! We are in talk of a WDW trip next time with a short Disney Cruise to see the Disney Island. Planning to hire a car for that - is it easier to get around at WDW with a car rather than the buses and what not? Looking at January (not this Jan of course) I researched the weather and it seems one of the cooler months, any tips from the experts? I'd like to do a mixed stay between Animal Kingdom DVC villas and Grand Floridian Villas. So the planning starts again!!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter