Having second thoughts on which resorts. Advice?

Surfinpiratee

DIS Veteran
I guess I'm just looking for advice/your experiences.

I currently have booked CSR Jan 3rd-5th, and WL Jan 5th-9th. I'm kind of second guessing the WL, it's a good price with the discount ($229) but I just keep thinking if we stayed at CSR during the discounted period, it would only be $140 a night.

Now, just so you can kind of have some background, I love vacationing and resorts. So I was automatically drawn to deluxes. I guess I can be a bit of a resort snob.. I don't have a TON of money, however. So I generally try to stay at really nice places, but for good prices.

I guess my question is, if I stay at CSR for 4 nights, where do I stay the first 2 nights?!?

It's definitely between POR and POFQ. Which do you like better?

FWIW, if you're kind of a resort snob, (which I am for sure-nothing to be embarrassed about), and you keep re-thinking WL, you might really want to consider it. We've stayed at both, and WL is hands down worth the extra money.

We stayed at CSR the year before last, and we did not enjoy it as much. I can't complain about the cleanliness of the room, but it's very spread out, and takes considerable time to get to the main area and the pool. Also, wifi was spotty at best, and I had to go out into the parking lot to make a phone call. That's a deal breaker for me, not being able to make a phone call from inside my room to check on family members and pets at home. I'm not sure what it is about the way the building is constructed, but I cellular/wifi service was practically non existent. The fast food court was not great, and super crowded. The Pepper Market was better but is not open at all hours.

I don't have an opinion (surprising) about POR or POFQ, sorry. I haven't stayed at either. Good luck!

I really like POFQ. The resort is compact and the grounds are beautiful. The bus stops at POFQ first travelling to and from the parks. The beignets are also a bonus! :thumbsup2

I love staying at all of the resort types: value, moderate, deluxe and villa

The theming at the resorts makes them part of the vacation. That said, when I think about where to stay I think about the type of vacation I want to have. I try to have a great experience at each resort by focusing on its features.

We often stay at WL and it is one of our favorites because of its location, the beauty of the resort, boats to MK, the bunkbeds, the activities (bikes, boats, pool), and walking distance to FW.

But we also often stay at POR-R and love that to (Yee-Ha Bob, the walking/running trail, boats to DD, the food court, and beautiful gardens). Our favorite is the Royal Guest Room at that resort. I would highly recommend it.

POR-FQ is also very nice. Check costs though. Sometimes it may cost more to stay there than POR-R.

And there is nothing wrong with staying at POP and saving a few $$$. You would be near the food court at AOA too. It's really a lovely area with the lake. If you stayed at AOA in a Little Mermaid room you would also get to use the pool at that resort. That might make it worth it to stay there for 2 nights.

How much time will you spend at the resort and, when you are at the resort, what types of activities do you want to do?

Hope you have a magical vacation! pixiedust:

Kate

POR & POFQ are my fav resorts. Unfortunately POFQ often gets excluded in the room only discounts. But if you have AAA you can get a 20% discount depending on when you book.

I think the POR resorts have a little more to offer with evening entertainment, boat to DTD, horse & carriage rides.

POFQ is a nice resort, and, I think, a bit 'cozier' than POR (aka DxL ;) )

But unless you're set on resort hopping, why not just book CSR for the whole stay ? You could book it as 2 stays, and request different sections, so you get a taste of the different theming, without having to pack everything up and move all the way across the World.

CSR is our favorite resort on property (of the ones still there), and has lovely landscaping and theming, although not overwhelmingly Disney-fied.

WL is on our to-do list, but for us, I think it comes with a curse :lmao: We've booked it 3 times, and had to cancel out of all 3.

Stayed at CSR in July and I loved it. Also live how small POFQ is. I am a huge fan of the theming there too.

I LOVE the WL! It's beautiful and I love the environment of it. I've also found cast members to be really friendly there and the pool is nicer if you're looking for that. But POFQ is really pretty too and I love all of the colors and the theme. POR is nice but I like POFQ better!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter