Having second thoughts about Spoodles

Treacle44

DIS Veteran
Have printed the menu out to look at, I've gone off eating here now. We're staying at the Beach Club, can somebody please recommend an alternative instead? We have two young children (5 and almost 3), would the Clam Bake be a better alternative?

Thanks

x

I liked Spoodles, but my kids (5 and 11) at the time didn't. They loved Cape May for the clam bake. They've already informed me they definitely want to do it again. They had plenty of options to choose from at the buffet.

I like the Clam Bake better than Spoodles - it is pretty noisy in Spoodles and though sometimes the food is good, sometimes it is pretty uninspiring...

We had the same dilemma this past August while staying at BCV.
We had an ADR for Spoodles, walked over about 10 min. before our ADR & just decided that the kids wouldn't like it that much. They have a take-out window right there, so we ordered pizza (YUM!) & ate it right outside on the boardwalk (they have tables out front).

We were on the dp, but I think we were over our credit number with our ADRs that week anyway & just payed oop for the pizza.

I guess my kids are in the minority because they love Spoodles. It is one of the few places where they can get Mickey-shaped mac & cheese (and the cheese sauce is yummy). They love that. They also love the make your own sundae dessert. It is brought out on an artist's pallette, with little cups of various toppings. We make sure that we go to Spoodles every time we visit WDW.

I guess my kids are in the minority because they love Spoodles. It is one of the few places where they can get Mickey-shaped mac & cheese (and the cheese sauce is yummy). They love that. They also love the make your own sundae dessert. It is brought out on an artist's pallette, with little cups of various toppings. We make sure that we go to Spoodles every time we visit WDW.

That's exactly what my kids had at Spoodles when they were 7 and 9. They loved it - and loved going to the candy shop next door. Spoodles is a family favorite.

We have always loved spoodles for dinner. DD went with the grilled cheese at the time, loved seashore sweets and a stroll on the BW. DD also loved Cape May as there were many options to choose from. We, however, were not all that thrilled with Cape May, nothing was terrible or cold and service was great just not for us. We were sad, as we stay at BCVs and were hoping Cape May could always be our default restaruant if we were to tired to make it anywhere else. Now it's spoodles. Cape does get a lot of great reviews so you should be fine.

We love staying at BC, and often went to both the clam bake and spoodles-that was until our last trip in may. We went to spoodles not knowing they had changed the menu so that there was like 6 main entree choices - I literally had to fight to come up w. something I wanted to eat. Needless to say, we won't be going back there for dinner again (love their breakfast though)

As for the clam bake, my wife and I believe this has been one of the dining plan victims in terms of decline in quality, but we still go every time we come down. Good food, good kid food. It is noisy, if that's a concern.

I would also think about flying fish if you want a more formal, quiet dinner - I hear goood things about it and kid friendly as well

had dinner there 9/15.won't be going back.loudest place I have ever eaten,food wasn,t good,but service was.

My DD loved Spoodles, too- but she is REALLY in the minority, because she didn't eat any "kid food" at all! She ate- and loved- the different appetizers with us. We had the Mediterranean dips, flatbread, lamb cigars, garlic shrimp, calamari, hummus, and Greek salad. DD has a very adult palate, though.

Yes, go to Cape May's buffet instead, or the Yacht Club Galley might be a good pick for you.

I don't know if the DDP is accepted at Beaches & Cream, but that's a great place for dinner with kids.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter