Having second thoughts about POFQ

hollieplus2

<font color=blue>Tags always make people happy<br>
We are booked for POFQ this Sept for 9 days and I'm having second thoughts. I absolutley love the pictures of this place and this is THE PLACE I want to stay. The other mods don't interest me and we have only stayed at POP, AsMO and AKL. My DH is one the same page as me, POFQ looks like heaven. The only thing that is worrying me is DS 7 is a huge pool and slide person. While he likes the theme of the pool he said the slide looks like a baby slide and he's a little bummed. Is is really that much shorter than the others? The slide at AKL was pretty short when you look at CSR so how does it compare? We aren't going any water parks so it's kind of important but I really don't want another mod. Oh, please someone just make up my mind.:confused: :confused:

I can't make up your mind for you but it is a pretty small slide, especially compared to the one at CSR.

You do have use of the POR pool and slide as well - so if the POF isn't good enough, that one probably will be.

Yes, the pool slide at POFQ is pretty tame. The only mod that has a better looking slide is the one at CSR. That one looks steeper.

My kids love the slide at BWI -- looks like an old fashioned wooden roller coaster.

Maybe you could consider POR, DD13 says the slide there is much better than the one at POFQ.

Does anyone have a picture of the slide at POR. I have found pictures of the pool but not the slide. Maybe that would help. We could stay at POFQ but use the pool at POR. You can do that with these 2 resorts right? I know pool hopping is against the rules.

Port Orleans Riverside pool is much better for kids. It's not a long walk from POFQ your kids will have the choice of both. No worries.

I've stayed at both POR and at POFQ and while the pool area is better at the former, the POFQ resort itself is nicer.

We were just there and my 8 and 6 y/o loved, loved, loved the pool. We did the waterparks and my 8 y/o rode all of the big slides there, and he still had a blast at the POFQ pool. It is tame, but the kids just loved how it looked.

Does anyone have a picture of the slide at POR. I have found pictures of the pool but not the slide. Maybe that would help. We could stay at POFQ but use the pool at POR. You can do that with these 2 resorts right? I know pool hopping is against the rules.

Here is what I have found:

This is the Port Orleans Riverside pool slide:

Riverside-49.jpg

Riverside-48.jpg

Riverside-44.jpg

This is the French Quarter pool slide:

portDoubloon.jpg

This is the pool slide at CBR:

cbr115.jpg

This is the pool slide at Coronado Springs:

Coronado20Springs20DIS53.jpg

Coronado20Springs20DIS54.jpg

Good luck deciding! Tell your son to remember, any pool at WDW is better than staying home!

I think you are totally going to love POFQ. We can't wait to go back there! You will have both POR and POFQ pools to use, so I think your son will be fine. You and your husband will love it, so don't worry so much!!

I think you are totally going to love POFQ. We can't wait to go back there! You will have both POR and POFQ pools to use, so I think your son will be fine. You and your husband will love it, so don't worry so much!!

Tell your son to remember, any pool at WDW is better than staying home!

I think both of these posters have hit the nail on the head. Your son will have a great time using the two pools. And it sounds like this is just what the doctor-or Disney-ordered for Mom and Dad! Don't feel guilty about the slide....you're in Disney, with your family....it will be wonderful! :cloud9:

THANKS:thumbsup2 everyone for your help. DH and I have talked it over and we decided that we really want to stay at POFQ so that's where we are going to stay. We really have our hearts set on that place. Unless we get some super upsell to a deluxe we are set on POFQ. It's where I wanted to stay the first time but didn't so I know if I don't I'll wish I had. Thanks for everyone's help. :thumbsup2

I think you have done the right thing. Kids are resilient in their ideas of what they want. We really try to do everything we can to make them happy...especially for a WDW vacation. BUT the parents have to be happy as well and this is one of those little trade offs. My wife and I really wanted to stay at POFQ three years ago. The kids were not as warm on the idea. We fretted on this decision for a while and we decided to go to POFQ as that is where we as parents wanted to go. The pool is great. My kids immediately loved it. They had a blast on the slide as tame as it is. Have fun.:banana:

POFQ and POR slides are tame, best for under 7s I think. CSR slide seems to be the best for over 7s at the MOD resorts. If you really want to experience great water slides go to typhoon lagoon and do slusher gusher. They are terrific.

The French Quarter is my FAVORITE moderate resort at WDW!! It's compact, so no matter which building you are in, it's a quick walk to everything. The pool is a good size, so you're not bumping into everyone. The slide is tame.

POFQ slide does look tame compared to other resorts but I know my kids will love it anyway.As long as they are wet and swimming, they are happy. I picked POFQ because it looks like a pretty resort and its size is a plus. I love that it is not a hugely spread out resort. Im sure you will be happy with oyur decision too

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter