Having Problem With Keurig

MIGrandma

Lives in the middle-of-the-mitten.
I'm wondering if anyone else here has had the same problem with their Keurig that I just had with ours.

We bought a new Keurig (Classic model, with 3 cup sizes, water reservoir on the side) April 10th, to replace the same model we had for 2-1/2 years that broke. It's been working fine. Until now. I went to make a cup and it wouldn't brew, I opened it and took the K-cup out thinking it might not have been punched on each end for the water to flow through or something. Seemed fine, tried again and it sounded like it was filling with water but the water in the reservoir had steam coming from it. It was actually heating the water inside the reservoir. Never had that happen with our old one.

I got the book out and read the troubleshooting section, not a word about this type of problem. So I dumped the water out and put fresh water in after making sure the filter thing on the bottom wasn't plugged and it didn't seem to be, so tried it again. It worked this time, but it filled my mug (I generally use the same mug and it stops about an inch from the top) and I had to put another under it. I measured the amount that came out, 16 ounces. So. I thought I would ask here if anyone else had the same problem, before I call their customer service number. We did buy the extra 2-year warranty, so I'm sure it will either be repaired or replaced but I'm kind of annoyed we're having a problem with it when it's barely a month old.

They have awesome customer service, give them a call. They sent us a new one when our last one had issues during the warranty.

They replaced ours even after the warranty ran out. We had to send the "cup" part back to them and they sent us a brand new one.

I'm wondering if anyone else here has had the same problem with their Keurig that I just had with ours.

We bought a new Keurig (Classic model, with 3 cup sizes, water reservoir on the side) April 10th, to replace the same model we had for 2-1/2 years that broke. It's been working fine. Until now. I went to make a cup and it wouldn't brew, I opened it and took the K-cup out thinking it might not have been punched on each end for the water to flow through or something. Seemed fine, tried again and it sounded like it was filling with water but the water in the reservoir had steam coming from it. It was actually heating the water inside the reservoir. Never had that happen with our old one.

I got the book out and read the troubleshooting section, not a word about this type of problem. So I dumped the water out and put fresh water in after making sure the filter thing on the bottom wasn't plugged and it didn't seem to be, so tried it again. It worked this time, but it filled my mug (I generally use the same mug and it stops about an inch from the top) and I had to put another under it. I measured the amount that came out, 16 ounces. So. I thought I would ask here if anyone else had the same problem, before I call their customer service number. We did buy the extra 2-year warranty, so I'm sure it will either be repaired or replaced but I'm kind of annoyed we're having a problem with it when it's barely a month old.

Although it sounds like the motor...it may be something else entirely. The newer models are more prone to the needle getting clogged. So much so that the newest ones are being shipped with a "tool" to clean the needle. If you call the service department they should send you one for free. You put a little water in this weird little plastic thing, open and close the unit several times and voila....it's fixed. Wait until you see the amount of gunk that will come out.

We just replaced our older Keurig and hubby has had a couple issues where it would not brew. Is it possible that you were using an older k-cup? We had a freedom clip in the house and that solved the problem.

Thanks everyone. I did some checking on You Tube, still didn't see anything about the water in the reservoir getting hot but I did clean the K-cup holder and used a metal paper clip to clean the needles then ran a couple cups of water through it and it seems fine now. I was just surprised this one had a problem already and only being a month old.

We replaced our old one a few weeks ago. The needle clogging problem was so bad with the new one I just returned it. I'm not going to mess around with the tool and cleaning it out after every 3-5 cups of coffee. It was so bad it would get a bunch of pressure in the kcup and when I opened it it would bubble up out of the kcup and coffee and grounds would go everywhere. Not really what I want to deal with at 7 AM. The point of Keurig is convenience. It's not convenient with all the clogging. I'm still trying to decide what to do, but for now I'm just brewing a pot each morning with my old Mr coffee. We bought ours at Costco. When I returned it the lady said they get those returned all the time.

We've had 3 of them through the years and use one at work as well. I've learned sometimes you have to burb it, take the water resevoir off, turn it upside down and give it a few good smacks on the bottom. If that doesn't work, I clean the needle if that doesn't work I used canned air and squirt it up the tube while covering the other end with a towel over my hand. I've never had either one, two or all three of these not to work. I've also learned that after about 3 years you can just figure you are going to have to buy a new one.

Our old Keurig lasted 5 years and still worked, dh decided he wanted a new one because they were on a good sale. He was going to keep the old one in the garage, but ended up throwing it. I was mad.

I stopped using tap water for mine and use only bottled. I think the tap water clogged it up faster.

try running vinegar thru it

Yes, do the vinegar! This problem happens with mine every few months or so (it is a couple of years old) and running vinegar through solves it every time. I think you are supposed to do that every so often anyway.

I have the same problem about once a month. The paperclip through the needle coupled with a cleaning with their "ball adapter" works every time. The new 2.0 models are prone to getting grounds stuck in the needle which stops it from brewing. Annoying but simple to fix.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter