• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Having necklace made of pick a pearl in Japan Pavillion

DD and I did this in May, and if I remember correctly it was around $70 for both of us to get the pearl set in a sterling silver pendant. I didn't buy a chain as a local silver store sells them for a little less.

Thanks for the link TandLMommy28! I had read about the cages previously, but didn't think about them before going on our last trip. DD wants to go again when we go in Oct. I told her we would not be getting a setting this time, too much $$, but I think ordering the cages will be a nice suprise for her. She can swap out on her existing chain.

Thank You TandLMommy28 that is exactly the setting I was looking for and I got one from the link you gave us!

Thanks!

What a very cute pearl cage for a necklace. We are going to let our daughter pick a pearl this year. I am going to get this before we go.
Bonnie

to add to this question...last time we were there we picked pearls but didn't get them put into a setting...if I bring back the ones from before can they put them together into a setting?

There was a big long thread about Pick A Pearl and a lot of people recommended picking out a necklace and pearl cage at home and bringing it with you--better selection and better price that way... I bought all the ladies in my party this:
http://cgi.ebay.com/18K-WGP-PEARL-CAGE-25X25MM-CARRIAGE-/390218838388?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0

And I am looking for a good sale on chains but haven't found one yet!

Thanks for the link to the pearl cage. Very cute!! I'm getting one.

If you do find chains, please post back here with the link. :thumbsup2

How much would it cost, if you brought this cage with you? I think this is something my daughter would like to do.

I'm bringing the cinderella coach cage for my daughter as well.

My understanding is you still pay the pick-a-pearl price for the pearl, but since you have your own cage - there's no futher cost. Just open the cage and pop the pearl in!

I'm bringing the cinderella coach cage for my daughter as well.

My understanding is you still pay the pick-a-pearl price for the pearl, but since you have your own cage - there's no futher cost. Just open the cage and pop the pearl in!

Would you happen to know the price for the pick a pearl? We have never done this before.

My DW, 2 DD's and Grandma each picked pearls on our trip last December 09 and DW and 1 DD picked "twins". We had heard that the uglier the shell the better the pearl. This "system" seemed to work for them. DD's twins 7.25mm were rare silver pearls and made a beautiful set of earrings. DW's were 7.25mm and 7.5mm. Other DD got one 7.5mm rare silver and GM got a big 8mm pearl. Picked 4 and got 6 pearls, it was fun watching the host open the oysters, go through a short "ritual" each time and make a big fuss over each pearl. We had each pearl set (necklace or earrings) and the total cost was less than $100.00. We bought chains later at home.

Did this twice in April. Pearls themselves were $17ish each, but the setting varied a lot. I think the cheapest was a celphone strap for $20, and it went all the way up to $100+ for some of the more intricate necklaces. I got a double pearl wishbone type setting for a pendant for about $40. (No Chain).

I ordered this necklace a couple months back for my DD7. It is very cute....even though it didn't mention in post the necklace came with a chain. We haven't picked a pearl yet as we going at the end of August. She is so excited-she really loves the necklace! It was a great find.

I ordered this necklace a couple months back for my DD7. It is very cute....even though it didn't mention in post the necklace came with a chain. We haven't picked a pearl yet as we going at the end of August. She is so excited-she really loves the necklace! It was a great find.

To the OP: thank you so much for posting the link to this! You gave me a wonderful idea! :worship:

I am glad to hear they come with chains! I have been looking for something special for our Three Generations in Wonderland trip in December (my mom, my grown daughter, and I) and this is perfect.

I got three of them and I will keep it a surprise until we get to Japan, then I'll pay for each one of us to pick a pearl and give them their Cinderella carriage to put it in! :thumbsup2

to add to this question...last time we were there we picked pearls but didn't get them put into a setting...if I bring back the ones from before can they put them together into a setting?

From what I was told, the pearls must be in thier original baggie that has all of the info written on it.

To the OP: thank you so much for posting the link to this! You gave me a wonderful idea! :worship:

I am glad to hear they come with chains! I have been looking for something special for our Three Generations in Wonderland trip in December (my mom, my grown daughter, and I) and this is perfect.

I got three of them and I will keep it a surprise until we get to Japan, then I'll pay for each one of us to pick a pearl and give them their Cinderella carriage to put it in! :thumbsup2

I just wanted to say that that this is an AWESOME idea. :lovestruc
Your Three Generations in Wonderland trip is going to be amazing. I can just tell. :wizard:

Maybe I'm overly emotional today. I ordered the surprise Train Tour tickets this morning and cried while on hold listening to the music from Soarin.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter