Having a VERY had time with MyDisney Experience and booking FP+

bbak3030

Mouseketeer
UGHHHHH. I wanna scream and cry. I have spent so many HOURS on this that it's not even funny!
Yesterday was our 60 days out and we could start booking FP+. I have a MDX account and we are traveling with my sis and her family. She has an account and so does her husband. His MB and their daughters is under his acct and hers is under her acct. We have all shared rights to plan with each other. However, I can book FP for my sister, but it tells me my BIL is not eligible for MyMagic+ (what the heck is that anyway) and my niece isn't even showing up at all.
Help?!?! I've tried everything I can think of. My TA is calling Disney tomorrow to see what's going on. I'm just so tired of dealing with this!
Thanks for anyone who can help.

UGHHHHH. I wanna scream and cry. I have spent so many HOURS on this that it's not even funny! Yesterday was our 60 days out and we could start booking FP+. I have a MDX account and we are traveling with my sis and her family. She has an account and so does her husband. His MB and their daughters is under his acct and hers is under her acct. We have all shared rights to plan with each other. However, I can book FP for my sister, but it tells me my BIL is not eligible for MyMagic+ (what the heck is that anyway) and my niece isn't even showing up at all. Help?!?! I've tried everything I can think of. My TA is calling Disney tomorrow to see what's going on. I'm just so tired of dealing with this! Thanks for anyone who can help.
Mymagic+ is the name of the system. Is your brother in law staying on property? Where are your reservations? Are you all staying at the same place?

The good news is that Disney IT has been VERY helpful and responsive. They were very helpful for us (linking tickets to Magic Bands etc etc). On the MDE or Disney site, just call the number that is listed for addressing problems. We had a great experience with the IT helpdesk and after everything was linked and set up, it was smooth sailing. To clarify, this is NOT reservations, or ticketing, or Walt Disney Travel or rwhatever, it is the IT helpdesk. I hope you follow through with this and get the same level of help we got....

The good news is that Disney IT has been VERY helpful and responsive. They were very helpful for us (linking tickets to Magic Bands etc etc). On the MDE or Disney site, just call the number that is listed for addressing problems. We had a great experience with the IT helpdesk and after everything was linked and set up, it was smooth sailing. To clarify, this is NOT reservations, or ticketing, or Walt Disney Travel or rwhatever, it is the IT helpdesk. I hope you follow through with this and get the same level of help we got....

I have to agree. Call the IT (MDE) number on the website.
I called earlier this week and spoke with someone named Tember was as absolutely phenomenal. He knew exactly what he was doing and was so helpful and kind and efficient. I am only hoping that the pixie dust I experienced on my phone call with him keeps piling on and our Friday flight will make it out on time, despite this impending snowstorm!

Ok good to hear! Thanks for the responses! Yes my BIL is staying on property. Same room my sis and rest of the family. That's what's so confusing.
My TA said she would call for us tomorrow and straighten it out. If she can't, I'll call. Thanks everyone!!!!

Agreed. This is the testing phase and It's clear that they DO wanna get this right & work the kinks out so that it becomes seamless and enhances the experience. Jury's out on if we're "there" yet, but I have to believe they won't piss 2 billion down the drain. I believe in the magic of Disney & I think, eventually, this will be a wonderful system. Once they let us have more than THREE Fastpasses......;)

I have to be honest, we went in November and used the system, and I did not enjoy it at all. We were on the phone several times with the FP+ IT service department. We actually went one day and used our MagicBands to just get FP in the park, but were told that we would eventually not be able to do that any longer.
I think it is a system that is going to take a lot of time to get used to, for me at least, and it will have to be unleashed on the public for the wrinkles to be discovered and ironed out.

We went in the beginning of November and had the sane exact problems prior to our trip- guests not showing up when we were all supposed to be linked and so on. I called IT and they did help and seemed to get everything straightened out, we arrived for our split stay AKL/SS and the first half they worked relatively well but when we got to SS it all fell apart- our bands wouldn't let us in the parks, no FP+ that I spent a ridiculous amount of time on, NO charging?! Which had the staff at backlot express not been so nice could have left us very hungry!
I understand that disney wants to be innovative and it's all well and good for some things but I can honestly say that these "Magic Bands" waisted an incredible amount of my time before and during my trip! I would love to know what was wrong with how a disney vacation was before?!

We went in November and couldn't link our reservations and to our tickets so we were not "eligible" to make FP+ reservations.

I called several times and about 2 weeks before our arrival date, Disney IT fixed the problem. Even though we were that close to our arrival date there were still plenty of options and we had no trouble making our FP+ reservations.

It was very frustrating, but the Cast Members I spoke with on the phone were very polite and friendly. Once it was fixed, the whole thing worked great and we had no issues (FP+ & Magic Bands worked perfectly the entire trip).

And yes I know it was probably very silly of us to not bring back up payment but because the first half went so well, none of us really imagined that problem occurring!

UGHHHHH. I wanna scream and cry. I have spent so many HOURS on this that it's not even funny!
Yesterday was our 60 days out and we could start booking FP+. I have a MDX account and we are traveling with my sis and her family. She has an account and so does her husband. His MB and their daughters is under his acct and hers is under her acct. We have all shared rights to plan with each other. However, I can book FP for my sister, but it tells me my BIL is not eligible for MyMagic+ (what the heck is that anyway) and my niece isn't even showing up at all.
Help?!?! I've tried everything I can think of. My TA is calling Disney tomorrow to see what's going on. I'm just so tired of dealing with this!
Thanks for anyone who can help.

My call to IT got me 4 different MDE accounts in MY name. Then they had me link them all together. So I have stuff in different accounts. It was frustrating never being able to find my reservations in the correct account. DVC dumped stuff in one account. When I called Disney direct they used to different accounts. I booked stuff in my preferred account.

Be cautious if they suggest using a different email to set up a new account. They say they can't delete or merge accounts. :faint:

I just went through this for two separate reservations with four different MDE accounts/profiles. You have to ensure that the permissions for each profile on the different MDE accounts allow for you to see and change activities for each other. You also cannot have the same friend/family member set up from each account. You have to request to be allowed to edit/see friends that are on someone else's account. Also, if a friend or family member on another reservation has their own MDE account, make sure you send a "friend" request to that specific account, do not just add a profile to your account. I know it is confusing, but if each profile on each account is not set up properly, it will play havoc on magic bands/tickets/FP+.

I just went through this for two separate reservations with four different MDE accounts/profiles. You have to ensure that the permissions for each profile on the different MDE accounts allow for you to see and change activities for each other. You also cannot have the same friend/family member set up from each account. You have to request to be allowed to edit/see friends that are on someone else's account. Also, if a friend or family member on another reservation has their own MDE account, make sure you send a "friend" request to that specific account, do not just add a profile to your account. I know it is confusing, but if each profile on each account is not set up properly, it will play havoc on magic bands/tickets/FP+.

Good tips!
It is a much different beast when planning trips with multiple families and friends!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter