Having a really bad day....

Another parent of a CAPD child sending you hugs.

I would encourage you to get the diagnosis so that you can get an IEP and other assistance in school. Without that, our DD would never have the chance of success that she has today.

Hugs and prayers for your son and praise for your anniversary. I'm hope that you have a chance to celebrate your marriage very, very soon.

I didnt really read your post, you know the long post thing and I dont cyber hug but heres a "hey"

[color=3300ff]I have no idea what you're going though so I don't have anything profound to say. All I can offer is some pixie dust, good thoughts and {{{hugs}}}.[/color]
hug.gif

Originally posted by browneyes
{{hugs}}

When will you know the results?

He'll have the colonoscopy on the 23rd and we'll have all the biopsy results on the 30th. The doctor is pretty sure it's Crohn's (which he said he didn't suspect from my DS's symptoms), but he's waiting to make a firm diagnosis until we get the biopsy results since there is a possibility it could be a bacterial infection.

Thanks so much for all your words of support and encouragement. Today I woke up feeling much more confident and able to deal with life. Last night I just had a pity party for myself and my kids (not in front of them though). I always know that I can count on words of encouragement from Dissers!

To all the parents with children who have (C)APD, hang tough! I know how long of a journey it can be to get your child the right kind of help. Just one question though, was your child evaluated by an audiology or a psychologist first? Since APD disorders can mimick other disorders is it better to get an audiological evaluation done first? I'm thinking that is the route we're going to go, but just wanted to hear your experiences.

((Hugs)) Denise.
I've had Ulcerative Colitis for most of my adult life, and it is controlable(for me) with medication.

Truly the worst part of the colonoscopy test is the PREP! The gallon of liquid he has to drink is the hard part-itis vile. Here's a hint-if they suggest adding dry lemonade or tea mix do it by the teaspoon in the glass-DON"T flavor the whole gallon. I personally do not think the flavoring helps the taste of this stuff. What I do is put a peppermint under my tongue as i drink and it makes it more bearable.

Hope you get the answer to his pain with this test.

Originally posted by GladysK
((Hugs)) Denise.
I've had Ulcerative Colitis for most of my adult life, and it is controlable(for me) with medication.

Truly the worst part of the colonoscopy test is the PREP! The gallon of liquid he has to drink is the hard part-itis vile. Here's a hint-if they suggest adding dry lemonade or tea mix do it by the teaspoon in the glass-DON"T flavor the whole gallon. I personally do not think the flavoring helps the taste of this stuff. What I do is put a peppermint under my tongue as i drink and it makes it more bearable.

Hope you get the answer to his pain with this test.

I was worried about the prep too, but his doctor gave him an RX for pills. There are 32 of them in all and doesn't start taking them until 6:00 PM. I was so relieved to hear that. He can go to school the day before. A friend of mine is in charge of the cafeteria and I'll be able to take in food for him to drink/eat (they said he can have ice cream as long as there are no chunks in it) so he doesn't have to miss another day of school! Yeah!

Just wanted to say thanks again. I went back over my post today and read all the kind words that were sent my way. It's nice to know that when you need it, you can always find support on the CB. :D

So happy to hear that you are feeling better, Denise. Sometimes just talking about it, helps.

Take good care and keep us updated!
CC

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter