Having a GRAND time - the NEW Official GF Chat Thread PART 4

Status
Not open for further replies.
Italian food in Italy is not the same Italian food most americans eat.

Go to Italy there's no such thing as Vodka sauce, that's american Italian food.

But why should italian food in italy be the same as what we eat here?
This isn't italy and I'd guess that most americans, especially most americans that go to Disney, wouldn't like Italy's italian food no matter how good it is to the citizens of italy.

I would also think that any 'american food' that a restaurant in any other country serves wouldn't taste the way we think it should (again, why would it) and would hate to think of an american in that country making fun of the people there who were eating it.

I still think its bad ( and kind of stupid) that the waitstaff would make fun of anyone in Italian..especially when you consider that like you there are going to be customers that speak the language.

I'm back from filing and you guys have been busy this morning.

Dawn & Channing - I can't believe that she is coming back either, why would she want to confuse him, that is mean.

Did anyone watch The Amazing Race this past Sunday? It amazes me that they keep choosing all these very pretty and well built girls each time. They did throw in the couple in from Virginia or West Virginia just for the twist. It reminded me of Wife Swap, how they are so different. It was still good, I just noticed a lot of pretty faces this season.

I would like to add my comments on both LTT and Tutto Italia! I loved them both! :lovestruc First let me start by saying that I am very picky and my fellow Gals will tell ya! LTT was good...I understand that it is not the highest quality of food but I had the Thanksgiving feast and it was fabulous...The turkey was a little on the cool side but the potatoes and stuffing were piping hot! I simply mentioned to the waitress that she might want to tell the kitchen, not complaining, just mentioning and she brought me out another plate! I couldn't accept it because I was full but the gesture was there! And let me tell you about the dessert! OMG It was the best dessert I have had on property!!! :goodvibes I took one bite and asked if we could go back...It was that Ooey Goey carmel cake thing! Out of this world!!!

Now when I tell you about Tutto Italia there can be no judging! :rotfl: I was sitting next to Kelly and ordered the Sole with lemon and capers. It is one of my favorite dishes here so I figured what the heck! I had a piece of bread, that flat waffer thing and a stick thing...I told Kelly to not let me have any more bread because I wouldnt eat my meal...Well the waitress brought a new basket of bread that looked delicious...I am a bread girl! Hard to pass up a piece of great bread! So I took a piece of the bread and Kel said NO!!!! ANd I said ah you know what my fish is going to be the size of a quarter so I'm okay...Well the fish came and it was HUGE! It covered the whole plate! I was shocked! :rotfl2: It was very good and I would go there again for it! :lovestruc

Marvel: The wait staff knew the food was crap and were actually embarassed by it. Yes, the whole episode was immature but still funny none the less. AK has the carnival area in Dinoland. My DH and boys LOVE those carnival games. I left about a dozen stuffed animals in the room when we left!

Siobhan: I LOVED LTT dinner with the characters. I thought the whole meal was wonderful, the food, the selection, even the character interaction was some of our best. DH enjoyed dinner he just wasn't crazy about the lunch menu. Then again it was YEARS ago so it's changed. Back then it was pot roast, pot pie, that type of stuff. Nothing memorable. It was just okay. Glad to hear you enjoyed Tutto. I LOVE sole! I'm looking forward to dining there.

I just told DS2 to head towards his room, I have to change his diaper he said "oh, man!" :rotfl2: He's finally starting to talk! :rotfl2:

OMG!! I JUST GOT THE COOLEST THING IN THE MAIL TODAY from 3forme!!! I have to hunt her down and thank her!! SHe lives in NOLA and she sent me some amazing Mardi Gras things!!! HUGE packages for the girls and the coolest beads!!!!

MY personal favorite is the "License to Swill":rotfl: :rotfl: one - well two..I took those out of the girl's bags!! LOL!!!! WE have to go down for Mardi Gras some time GF GALS!!!!! :rotfl:

OK...I need to find 3forMe and PM her!!!! And then read to my Jojo!!

Chan
partying bead wearing GF Gal!

Good Afternoon Everyone!

I used some will power and stayed away from my computer for a while...not easy!!!...but now I'm back...I'm done with chores for the day....:angel:

Lots of food talk going on...I love food talk!!!:) but OMG I cannot rearrange my ADR list again...I am giving myself a headache....:headache: :rotfl: hurry up 90 day mark...I need to feel like I'm all set.....

Our Epcot dinner is going to be Teppan Edo ( thanks Kristin!) and MK Plaza cant break tradition (unless its as bad as last time!!! than we'll make a new tradition :laughing: ) DHS Brown Derby (this is an old favorite too) just to name a few...my list is loooong...

Deb We have not bought our airline tickets yet either...but it will be soon...I just keep checking the fares...besides I'm not even sure if everyone can come along...waiting for their summer job schedules...not easy...DD and I are the definites...I promised her...part of her graduation celebration....:dance3:

Channing Are you sure that you're Amish!!!;) No Mardi Gras for the Amish....

Siobhan I love the bread too....all kinds of bread...yummy!!! Thats why I have to diet before bathing suit weather...:)

Mare Is it a good thing when they start to talk...:rotfl:

Ok well I need to go rest... watching my 2 1/2 year old nephew in a little while and I need my energy...he is a pistol!!!! Usually has me laughing till I cry....:upsidedow

Have a good rest of the afternoon all...

AI is on tonight!!!:yay:

OMG!! I JUST GOT THE COOLEST THING IN THE MAIL TODAY from 3forme!!! I have to hunt her down and thank her!! SHe lives in NOLA and she sent me some amazing Mardi Gras things!!! HUGE packages for the girls and the coolest beads!!!!

MY personal favorite is the "License to Swill":rotfl: :rotfl: one - well two..I took those out of the girl's bags!! LOL!!!! WE have to go down for Mardi Gras some time GF GALS!!!!! :rotfl:

OK...I need to find 3forMe and PM her!!!! And then read to my Jojo!!

Chan
partying bead wearing GF Gal!

Yup its Mardi Gras time again... woohooo (sarcasm)
A bunch of drunk college kids puking on the street... I can't wait!
Seriously I used to love Mardi Gras but the past few years its turned into a giant frat party and not near as much fun as it used to be.

I see by all of the 'hidden' innuendo, pictures and comments that some of you still believe this is one big joke.

You have 2 hours to get rid of it all or this thread is going to be closed.

Mandy: I doubt they were talking about you at Tutto Italia. They had made a comment in Italian about a customer who ordered "noodles in white sauce". That started the whole thing. By not calling the dish the correct name, they called him a stupid american. Yes, it was wrong, but it was funny being there. The guy was from maybe Texas (I can't remember) and had a accent.

Chan: What a fun surprise in the mail!

BlueDeb: My ADR list is so done! I'm not changing anything. I keep moving things only to move them back! I just know somethings going to change when the EMH come out. I hope not, but that's the only thing that could do it for me. DH likes EMH in Epcot. We'll see...

Good Afternoon Everyone!

I used some will power and stayed away from my computer for a while...not easy!!!...but now I'm back...I'm done with chores for the day....:angel:

Lots of food talk going on...I love food talk!!!:) but OMG I cannot rearrange my ADR list again...I am giving myself a headache....:headache: :rotfl: hurry up 90 day mark...I need to feel like I'm all set.....

Our Epcot dinner is going to be Teppan Edo ( thanks Kristin!) and MK Plaza cant break tradition (unless its as bad as last time!!! than we'll make a new tradition :laughing: ) DHS Brown Derby (this is an old favorite too) just to name a few...my list is loooong...

Deb We have not bought our airline tickets yet either...but it will be soon...I just keep checking the fares...besides I'm not even sure if everyone can come along...waiting for their summer job schedules...not easy...DD and I are the definites...I promised her...part of her graduation celebration....:dance3:

Marvel Your siggie pic is hilarious!!:rotfl:

Channing Are you sure that you're Amish!!!;)

Siobhan I love the bread too....all kinds of bread...yummy!!! Thats why I have to diet before bathing suit weather...:)

Mare Is it a good thing when they start to talk...:rotfl:

Ok well I need to go rest... watching my 2 1/2 year old nephew in a little while and I need my energy...he is a pistol!!!! Usually has me laughing till I cry....:upsidedow

Have a good rest of the afternoon all...

AI is on tonight!!!:yay:

DEb nice dining choices! LOVE Brown Derby!

I had no desire to try Tempan Edo till last week. My parents dropped me off at DHS and then went over to Epcot ( I had no idea they went LOL, i wish i had known or i would have had them meet us at the board walk so everyone could meet my dad ) and went to Tempan Edo right as the WS opened and got a table as walk ups. They liked it. I grew up going to a Japanese steakhouse hibachi place at least once a week so i only like GOOD Hibachi places. My mom said the only problem she had was they serve the white sticky rice and she likes her fried on the hibachi like our place at home...... other than that they loved it! I LOVE the sticky rice so i think it will be a hit when we try it out!

Mandy: I doubt they were talking about you at Tutto Italia. They had made a comment in Italian about a customer who ordered "noodles in white sauce". That started the whole thing. By not calling the dish the correct name, they called him a stupid american. Yes, it was wrong, but it was funny being there. The guy was from maybe Texas (I can't remember) and had a accent.

We'll have to agree to disagree Mare.
I think these particular Italians sound even dumber now. Its ok to make fun of someone because they didnt order their food by the right name and instead had to describe it? I just dont see the humor in that...especially when they think the food is so bad where they work...you would think they would agree with that customer that the food was just 'noodles in white sauce'

We'll have to agree to disagree Mare.
I think these particular Italians sound even dumber now. Its ok to make fun of someone because they didnt order their food by the right name and instead had to describe it? I just dont see the humor in that...especially when they think the food is so bad where they work...you would think they would agree with that customer that the food was just 'noodles in white sauce'

I missed where this started, but I have to say IF waiters are making fun of customers for not knowing the proper name of a meal I will be the first to get laughed at...and in 4 languages I would be the first to call a manager! How sad that the restaurant staff (at last 1 it seems) are so unforgiving. I also see no humor in this at all.

PS- I speak english and I occassionally order by describing foods ...at american food places. Sometimes the right words just do not come to mind when I need them (Am I getting old too???)

HI Sheli Glad to see you were able to get some computer time...:goodvibes This waiter talk kind of reminds me of the episode of Seinfeld with the nail salon ladies :confused3

Many times the right words do not come to me cause I am getting old!!!:rotfl: Except when I am at disney...we're all kids when we're there right....:goodvibes

I think I'd really better get going...I always say this and keep gabbing...

tty Later...

Looking for ideas here for our upcoming trip.. I have reading around and not sure so looking for opinions :goodvibes

If you had 1 full day to yourself at Disney... no kids or DH.. just YOU... what would you go and do?

Dave and the kids want to hit the water park and I am not big on water parks so I am NOT going. Instead I get a whole day to myself but shoot what to do what to do?!

any good ideas out there?

Looking for ideas here for our upcoming trip.. I have reading around and not sure so looking for opinions :goodvibes

If you had 1 full day to yourself at Disney... no kids or DH.. just YOU... what would you go and do?

Dave and the kids want to hit the water park and I am not big on water parks so I am NOT going. Instead I get a whole day to myself but shoot what to do what to do?!

any good ideas out there?

I tried to give ideas....but deleted.....*Sorry*.

CHan:)

Brook: I though you were taking the KTTK tour?

I'd hit the spa, do afternoon tea in the Tea Room, that's what I usually do when I get a few hours away from the family. I've never had a whole day to myself, that's a real luxury! Enjoy it! :goodvibes

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter