Having a GRAND time - the NEW Official GF Chat Thread PART 4

Status
Not open for further replies.
Kristin.....What price did you end up getting for your flight down?? For our dates they're $129 going and I think $142 coming back :sad2:. I know it's still early, but I'm hoping they come down soon because I'm anxious to buy....makes the trip seem more finalized :goodvibes.

Dawn.....I just noticed your ticker.......your trip is right around the corner :cool1: :cool1:. I bet you can't wait to get back to the GF :). I hope you have some fabulous weather :flower3:.

Hope everyone is enjoying their day :).

Deb ;)

V~ Goldens are really bad about shedding. The breed tends to have dry skin in general... dry flaky skin.
Make sure to pick a dog food that doesn't have corn or menadione (its somtimes called Vitamin k3)
Menadione is BAD BAD STUFF that causes all kinds of health problems but mostly it causes dogs to shed a lot more.

Do you have a petco near you? They carry Wellness large breed puppy food... its really good without any nasty stuff in it. There is also EVO, Orjin and a few others that are good about no nasty additives but I know most people live near a petco and they carry Wellness.
It is pricey but sooo worth it when your not covered in fur while loving on your baby! HA HA
I also use Furminator conditioner. This stuff works soooo good! If you use it, make sure to keep it on the fur the full 5 minutes like the directions say. I never seen a conditioner work this well before!!

Sorry, I have a house filled with kids, and I don't have time to catch up!!! (I love when their all home from school!!!)

But I realized I missed Dawn's Birthday!!!

So Happy Belated Birthday Dawn!!!:bday:

Annette:flower3: :hug:

V~ Goldens are really bad about shedding. The breed tends to have dry skin in general... dry flaky skin.
Make sure to pick a dog food that doesn't have corn or menadione (its somtimes called Vitamin k3)
Menadione is BAD BAD STUFF that causes all kinds of health problems but mostly it causes dogs to shed a lot more.

Do you have a petco near you? They carry Wellness large breed puppy food... its really good without any nasty stuff in it. There is also EVO, Orjin and a few others that are good about no nasty additives but I know most people live near a petco and they carry Wellness.
It is pricey but sooo worth it when your not covered in fur while loving on your baby! HA HA
I also use Furminator conditioner. This stuff works soooo good! If you use it, make sure to keep it on the fur the full 5 minutes like the directions say. I never seen a conditioner work this well before!!

Ughh the fur and shedding talk is giving me the twitches and itches......... I think i am allergic to Golden retrievers....... :scared:

We fed our Wiem Orijen..... she did so much better on it than the cheap ol roy kind her previous owners fed her. But holy cow the price! :scared1:

Kristin....I love Chop House...MMMMMMMM yummo steaks!

I guess they get them from Allen Brothers in Chicago. It was seriously the best steak I have EVER had (way better than Mortons :rolleyes1 ) And DH had the lamb chops, which were almost better than my steak. I was really worried about the food on a holiday, but it was OUTSTANDING!!!

Kristin.....What price did you end up getting for your flight down?? For our dates they're $129 going and I think $142 coming back :sad2:. I know it's still early, but I'm hoping they come down soon because I'm anxious to buy....makes the trip seem more finalized :goodvibes.

Deb- I got $83 for each leg of my trip (we are flying Tues-Tues though). All the flights are $83 on my day down again (they had been from $129 and up for the past several weeks) but are still at least $100 on my way back. Just keep watching. I think SW cares more about spring break flights than anything right now.

Ughh the fur and shedding talk is giving me the twitches and itches......... I think i am allergic to Golden retrievers....... :scared:

We fed our Wiem Orijen..... she did so much better on it than the cheap ol roy kind her previous owners fed her. But holy cow the price! :scared1:

Yup Orijen is pricey stuff!!!! I find wellness to be a bit cheaper, easier to find and though its not organic it still doesn't use corn, soy or by products and no bad additives.
I like Orijen but with 3 dogs ... errr... well Dave ainte rich :rotfl: and I too like to eat once in a while

Here is a dog food review website that's really good and independent. It rates different dog foods and lets you know the good and bad about them
http://www.dogfoodanalysis.com/dog_food_reviews/
As you can see, Orijen is a 6 star food and wellness large breed puppy is a 5 star food... but its $10 cheaper per bag so I go with it. I am hoping to move him to wellness Core when he turns a year old. Core has too many calories for my less active lazy old ladies though :rolleyes1

Mare..we had Ohana booked for our trip last week...but we were all nervous about it...and Marci said it was TERRIBLE AWFUL AND NAUSEATING over her Christmas trip...so we decided against it.....adn we are glad...nobody wanted food poisoning.....:rotfl:

Ohanas is OFF my list. Both breakfast and dinner. Breakfast is just not worth it to us. One skillet is not a hit with my guys. DH is not a breakfast fan, he needs variety. (anyone watching Top Chef? Fabio is so much like my DH! I love how Fabio was so confused over the breakfast challenges - it's so true breakfast is just not the same in Italy. My DH is happy with an espresso and biscotti, give me the whole grand slam platter :rotfl:) Dinner at Ohanas just sounds awful!

GF Cafe was OK...I don't see the big fuss...I can't rememver what I had and it sat in my stomach like lead all day....ugh....I must have ordered the only icky thing on the menu...don't remember even what....we also did it for bfrast and it was the SLOOOooooowwwweeeeeeeest service I have EVER had....it took like an hour for the food to come out....and the place was EMPTY. Weird.

Chan
Opinionated GF Gal:rotfl:

See, that makes me worried - a long meal. DS2 has no patience. I also forgot DH wanted the skillet at WCC and I keep ditching it for dinner. I think we can swing lunch there now. I'm going to schedule DH's tour for 11:30 so we can meet up at the WL for lunch then head off to the water park.

I love your to hear opinions Chan! :flower3:

Kristin and Mare...we ate at the Tutto Italia for trip and I thought it was really good! So i booked it for our spring break trip!

That's on my list! DH really wants to eat there and I'm hoping it's good. I just heard a podcast last night that Mike Scopa from Allears.net hated it and thought it was a failed restaurant. He said it's not "true" Italian. DH loves the Italian pavillion. In Nov I couldn't get him out of there. He kept chatting with all the girls in Italian I was ready to belt him one :rotfl2: He kept going back for more loose candy, yeah right! There's also an Italian chick at Guest Services he chatted with for 30 mins before his segway tour started. She asked if I was jealous and DH says nah, she's italian american. I told her if she wanted him she could have him. She was shocked! I guess they don't go giving away their annoying husbands in Italy! :rotfl2: I heard Tutto Italia has some cute waiters, that will be fun getting back at DH!

He did get really annoyed when a cute guy at the wine stand said buena sera signorina to me one evening. :angel:

Never seen that before...mine is listed in the 5 star...not bad...

I hate trying to figure out which dog food to feed with. All the companies are so corrupt and since they don't have any government regulations on them they can add anything they want to make it cheaper. Some scary stuff...

The biggest enemy of mine is Science Diet. It isn't any better at all to regular grocery store brands (purina, alpo)
but they charge 5 times as much for it.

Mare- I really liked Tutto (it was quite different from Alfredos) but it was pricy with small portions (a great DDP deal though!!) DS wants to go back so we might try it in June again. DH didn't care for it.

Mare- I really liked Tutto (it was quite different from Alfredos) but it was pricy with small portions (a great DDP deal though!!) DS wants to go back so we might try it in June again. DH didn't care for it.

OMG Alfredos was HORRIBLE! But we never laughed so much in our lives at that meal. DH was chatting with the wait staff and at first they were embarassed because they were talking about the customers behind their backs (well really right in front of them in Italian). DH kept laughing and agreeing with them. This young waitress was mortified! She kept apologizing to us!! They found it hysterical how the stupid americans would order "noodles in white sauce" :rotfl2: They knew the food was horrible and laughed how americans would eat anything served to them on a plate. It was bad, but it was just so true. The food was really really bad.

DH had the best time that night. :laughing:

So regardless of Tutto's food quality, he'll have fun with the wait staff.

Dawn.....I just noticed your ticker.......your trip is right around the corner :cool1: :cool1:. I bet you can't wait to get back to the GF :). I hope you have some fabulous weather :flower3:.

Hope everyone is enjoying their day :).

Deb ;)

DEB.....I KNOW!!!! I cant wait......:cool1: :cool1: BRING IT!!!!!!!!!!

Kristin: That's fantastic you got air under $100! I felt like I hit jackpot with $104 :) It's the first time we had to purchase FOUR tickets! :eek:

Kristin: That's fantastic you got air under $100! I felt like I hit jackpot with $104 :) It's the first time we had to purchase FOUR tickets! :eek:

In December, the return flight was $68!!! But for each leg to be $83, I am not about to complain (esp. with 2 free checked bagas!!)

Kristin.....Thanks :thumbsup2. I was thinking the same thing about SW getting all the spring breakers their deals first and worrying about us summer vacationers later on :rotfl: :rotfl:. If I can get under $100 each way, I'll be happy :goodvibes. Of course that would still be way more than I've ever paid......but what are ya gonna do. We've paid as little as $540 for all four of us to fly round trip.......but I think those days may be gone :rolleyes1.

Mare......Good luck with all your ADRs. I think I've decided on ours.......some new, some old favorites ;). I just can't wait for my 90 day mark to get here so I can make them and it will be done and there will be no more thinking about them :rotfl2:. It's just too much hassle for me to try to change anything after that :confused:. But as far as Ohana.....we went for a breakfast and dinner in Sept '07 and we loved it :)......but I guess it could have changed since that time :confused3. We were going to do a dinner in June but there are a few other places we'd like to try along with one or two favorites we have, so that will have to wait until the next trip :rolleyes:.

Marvel.........Love the pic in your siggie :lmao:. It's a good thing I wasn't drinking anything at the time I saw it because there would have been Diet Pepsi all over my computer screen and key board :rotfl: :rotfl:. You are hilarious :rotfl2:.

Deb :cool2:

OMG Alfredos was HORRIBLE! But we never laughed so much in our lives at that meal. DH was chatting with the wait staff and at first they were embarassed because they were talking about the customers behind their backs (well really right in front of them in Italian). DH kept laughing and agreeing with them. This young waitress was mortified! She kept apologizing to us!! They found it hysterical how the stupid americans would order "noodles in white sauce" :rotfl2: They knew the food was horrible and laughed how americans would eat anything served to them on a plate. It was bad, but it was just so true. The food was really really bad.

DH had the best time that night. :laughing:

So regardless of Tutto's food quality, he'll have fun with the wait staff.

Am i misreading this or are you saying you found no problem and actually had a great time with the wait staff as they made fun of people?
And agree with the statement that americans would eat anything served to them on a plate? :confused3

DEB.....I KNOW!!!! I cant wait......:cool1: :cool1: BRING IT!!!!!!!!!!

I wish we were heading down this spring break....but we decided to stay home in March and go in June :rolleyes1. We also want to go back in December so I guess I can't be too greedy and try to go THREE times in one year :rolleyes:.....or can I :rotfl: :rotfl:. But you are going to have an AWESOME TIME :dance3:.

In December, the return flight was $68!!! But for each leg to be $83, I am not about to complain (esp. with 2 free checked bagas!!)

Now that's what I'm talking about :thumbsup2. I wouldn't mind getting close to that amount....even if it is only one of the flights.......although I will take $80-$90 each way as well :goodvibes.

Am i misreading this or are you saying you found no problem and actually had a great time with the wait staff as they made fun of people?
And agree with the statement that americans would eat anything served to them on a plate? :confused3

it was the stupid Americans........

I had Farafalle in a parmesan cream sauce a few weeks ago.......

I bet they were talking behind my back about the fat stupid American lady that lapped up the noddles and white sauce....... :rotfl:

It was our first and last time there and the food was just gross. It really was noodles in white sauce. The wait staff couldn't believe that this was considered Italian food, it was just laughable. They were embarassed that we understood them, then we had a nice conversation after that. But it's very true. Italian food in Italy is not the same Italian food most americans eat.

Go to Italy there's no such thing as Vodka sauce, that's american Italian food.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter