Having a GRAND time - the NEW Official GF Chat Thread PART 4

Status
Not open for further replies.
HI!! Did you have a fun weekend?!!?!!?!? I would take the later flight...I hate those super early ones...although both of your choices are super early IMO....go with the cheaper one. You never know...the other might go down too! Just keep watching. Go for cheap. That's my motto with SWA.

They are the same price...

Hi Everyone...

Taking a quick break cause I've done so much around here already....;)

Channing Lots of caffeine here too...

Wendy Another June girl....:yay: ..I dont know why I thought you moved to July...it will be a cabanafest!!!...looking foward to it....

Marvel Do we want to know what your siggie says...:confused3

Krisitin How was your weekend?? I find if we start out on our trip too early everyone is zonked for the day....BUT I usually go with the best fare ...:confused: ...as long as the flight is before noon...I dont like a late start either...did that make any sense....:laughing:

Deb No sad movies for me either...I want cheerful...fun...of course that depends on if I can stay awake long enough to know whats going on!!!!

Annette Youre right Mares coffe cake recipe is a keeper...everyone here loved it too...and I enjoyed it for days....

Back on the diet...bathing suit weather will be here before we know it....:headache:

Maxie How many days unitl spring????

They are the same price...

oh duh...ok...sorry..i have like three windows open and emails...my brain is fuzzy.....

Hmm....well either one is painful for me...so...no opinion here.:rotfl2: Are you a early bird??

That sounds nice about the getaway!!! If you do enough of those with the DH...maybe you can do your OWN!?!?!?!?;)

I love steak like buttah. yummola.....

I thought that same thing about Facebook...if its been on it..they own it...they are talking about it on the VIEW right now....:confused3 Speak of teh DEVIL.....AND...i just posted all (almost all) our GF GAL GETAWAY pics...lol...facebook owns us....

Marvel.
..I need to know what your siggie means...I am glad the drunk Xmas tree is gone...but now I am so confused and puzzled....at least tell mem what language....:rotfl:

Chan
confused GF Gal

oh duh...ok...sorry..i have like three windows open and emails...my brain is fuzzy.....
You need a cocktail to fix that!
Hmm....well either one is painful for me...so...no opinion here.:rotfl2: Are you a early bird??
For WDW- absolutely!!! But I don't want to be zonked at Cali Grille either...

That sounds nice about the getaway!!! If you do enough of those with the DH...maybe you can do your OWN!?!?!?!?;)

That'll be the day
:rolleyes:

I love steak like buttah. yummola.....

Chan
confused GF Gal

i

BlueDeb: Glad you enjoyed the coffee cake.:goodvibes I know what you mean about swimsuit season!:rotfl:

Kristin: DH is an Italian food snob. His family owned restaurants in Florence, Italy when he was growing up. We have always avoided TTS for that reason. I've heard it's compared to bad Olive Garden, we've never been to the Olive Garden, DH would NEVER go there. So I can't imagine he'd like TTS. I'm thinking the Plaza instead. I'd love to go to Kona or the Wave, but the kids will want to stay in MK and DH refuses to eat any CS meals. I feel like I have three picky eaters at times! :mad: Now I understand why all these moms go on solo trips! I never understood that before, now I get it! ;)

Marvel...I need to know what your siggie means...I am glad the drunk Xmas tree is gone...but now I am so confused and puzzled....at least tell mem what language....:rotfl:

Chan
confused GF Gal

it is not my first language..or second or third.....i think i did spanish... happy translating.

I did read that lunch was better at Tonys than dinner...:confused3

Mare Have you thought about LTT...I think Channing and her family ate there...we have not in a very long time....also laughing about your DS crashing into things around the apartment!!! He might need to go to kiddie drivers ed...

I love lunch at the GF Cafe...so many good choices....

Kristin Glad you had a fun weekend... its nice to be able to have a spur of the moment getaway...:)

BlueDeb: Glad you enjoyed the coffee cake.:goodvibes I know what you mean about swimsuit season!:rotfl:

Kristin: DH is an Italian food snob. His family owned restaurants in Florence, Italy when he was growing up. We have always avoided TTS for that reason. I've heard it's compared to bad Olive Garden, we've never been to the Olive Garden, DH would NEVER go there. So I can't imagine he'd like TTS. I'm thinking the Plaza instead. I'd love to go to Kona or the Wave, but the kids will want to stay in MK and DH refuses to eat any CS meals. I feel like I have three picky eaters at times! :mad: Now I understand why all these moms go on solo trips! I never understood that before, now I get it! ;)

I like the flabreads and the paninis but that is about all. DS just wants calamari. Like I said, we will do it for a light lunch, but our one and only dinner back in 2005 was NOT good.

another site gives me this translation

No existe cura para extranjeros o traducciones crujiente grandes murciélagos

another site gives me this translation

No existe cura para extranjeros o traducciones crujiente grandes murciélagos

That wouldn't say somethign about big old bats would it?:rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl:

We ate at LTT for lunch on our getaway...it was really yummy!!! We watned to go back another day...i had some salad...it was terrific..the best the whole trip actually.

Chan
Spanish speaking GF Gal:rotfl:

BlueDeb: LTT for lunch was our first ever meal in WDW many moons ago and DH didn't like it. I'm telling ya he's a real PITA! If it were up to him, he'd dine signature TS every meal! :laughing: But he knows the only way we'll enjoy our meal is if DS2 is having fun. Which means dining with characters. DS2 is at the age where he doesn't want to go inside a boring restaurant to eat when he can be outside in WDW having fun. I really get that now. I never knew why it was so difficult for kids to sit still in WDW restaurants when they're fine at local restaurants. It's all the sights and sounds in WDW. What kid would want to miss that. It's bright, colorful, exciting. I get it now. So we have to lure him into an exciting restaurant. I can't wait until he grows up just a bit. DS5 actually enjoys sitting down to eat in restaurants. Even McDs. We pull up to the drive thru and he asks to sit at a table. He doesn't like to eat in the car! :rotfl: :drive:

DH doesn't care where we eat as long as it's NOT CS. He'll eat with Mickey every night as long as the kids are well behaved. I'm just so sick of buffet meals! :mad:

I really really wish there were MORE character options for LUNCH.

BlueDeb: LTT for lunch was our first ever meal in WDW many moons ago and DH didn't like it. I'm telling ya he's a real PITA! If it were up to him, he'd dine signature TS every meal! :laughing: But he knows the only way we'll enjoy our meal is if DS2 is having fun. Which means dining with characters. DS2 is at the age where he doesn't want to go inside a boring restaurant to eat when he can be outside in WDW having fun. I really get that now. I never knew why it was so difficult for kids to sit still in WDW restaurants when they're fine at local restaurants. It's all the sights and sounds in WDW. What kid would want to miss that. It's bright, colorful, exciting. I get it now. So we have to lure him into an exciting restaurant. I can't wait until he grows up just a bit. DS5 actually enjoys sitting down to eat in restaurants. Even McDs. We pull up to the drive thru and he asks to sit at a table. He doesn't like to eat in the car! :rotfl: :drive:

DH doesn't care where we eat as long as it's NOT CS. He'll eat with Mickey every night as long as the kids are well behaved. I'm just so sick of buffet meals! :mad:

I really really wish there were MORE character options for LUNCH.

I remember those days well :sad2:

OK, so I am looking over my tentative plan for the trip and decided to keep the early flight. I am still so worried about crowds and FP's running out early that I rather get to MK an hour earlier and get a FP for something than get there and have to wait in line :rotfl:

I am still hopeful that flights will come down for the return trip so I can squeeze on an extra day on the trip (and even more hopeful that an AP rate will come out so I can ditch the 4/3 deal altogether and use the extra $150 I am spending on a useless ticket on an extra night at the hotel :rolleyes1 )

Thanks for all the "welcome backs" Glad ya still want me back!!:rotfl2:

I am totally up for a Spring meet. When and where? Dawn when is your trip? Happy Belated BDay!

Brook- Love your doggie. We had a terrible thing happen with our lab Katie a few weeks ago. I was leaving home and she ran for my car and actually ran into the side. She ended up passing away and it has been terrible. I felt awful for days. I have not been that upset about anything for a very long, long time. We ended up picking out a new golden retriever and we get to pick him up this weekend so I am very excited. His name is going to be Theodore (we will call him Theo for short) My girls named him. I just could not get another chocolate lab. I could not even look at them when we drove to the breeder's home. He had several goldens and several labs and I just felt I needed something different. We had a golden retriever about 15 years ago and I just loved him. They are such calm dogs. Not looking forward to the hair in my house but oh well!!

I am very excited about Hilton Head. I actually could not get the dates I wanted with DVC so I rented some points to a friend and another dis member and we are staying at the Marriott Oceanside. I hear it is very nice and right outside of Sea Pines. We have always vacationed at WDW so this is going to be very different. Next trip to WDW will be March 2010. Dh wants to go down for Spring Training. (not too sure if I will enjoy that...but oh well!!) I am already starting to catch the Disney Fever again.;)

We are also DRIVING to Hilton Head. This could get VERY ugly. Dh really hates to fly and this is why we decided against WDW. I can usually only get him on a plane once a year. This last few plane crashes have not helped either. It is going to be an adventure that is for sure!

Off to a doctor's appt. Have a great day everyone and I am so glad to be back!! V :dance3:

Okay so it was a long shot, I thought maybe going to CRT for lunch and it's booked. Ugh! we might just have to eat at Crystal Palace twice:headache:

Okay so it was a long shot, I thought maybe going to CRT for lunch and it's booked. Ugh! we might just have to eat at Crystal Palace twice:headache:

Mare...just keep trying for CRT....peeps will cancel..they have a CC down..so they won't blow off the cancelation.

We love CP...it's the only character meal i can stomach. I hate the others....

The lunch and dinner is about the same though.....

TTYL
Chan
GF GAL!

I have CRT for my birthday dinner, one crappy castle meal is really more than enough! :rotfl2:

I rearranged somethings and I think it works. That morning DH is going on the Wilderness Segway tour (he just loves to ride those damn segways!) I'm taking the boys into MK. Breakfast at the bakery, they LOVE the french toast loaf! :love: Then I decided to meet DH back at the GF and have lunch at the GF cafe (I was really trying to work this place in) then we can do the afternoon/evening at a water park. Then return for room service from Narcoossees. DH will be thrilled! He asked for this twice and I cut it to once. So this will make him happy :laughing: I also think he'll enjoy the GF Cafe much more than Tony's. I'm just going to pray that DS2 will be napping from our early MK morning! Last trip he slept thru all our TS lunches!

Oh, I had Ohanas that night and really thought about it. I know DH would hate it and you Chan said it was really awful, I was thinking it would be fun for the kids, but I can't stand another crappy meal for their entertainment!

CP is our family's favorite buffet. DH actually likes the menu for all meals, I think the restaurant is just beautiful and the kids still love Pooh - so it works for us. :thumbsup2

Mare..we had Ohana booked for our trip last week...but we were all nervous about it...and Marci said it was TERRIBLE AWFUL AND NAUSEATING over her Christmas trip...so we decided against it.....adn we are glad...nobody wanted food poisoning.....:rotfl:

We really like CP....I agree b,l and d are good. And my girls also love the Pooh characters...so it's fun for all.

GF Cafe was OK...I don't see the big fuss...I can't rememver what I had and it sat in my stomach like lead all day....ugh....I must have ordered the only icky thing on the menu...don't remember even what....we also did it for bfrast and it was the SLOOOooooowwwweeeeeeeest service I have EVER had....it took like an hour for the food to come out....and the place was EMPTY. Weird.

Chan
Opinionated GF Gal:rotfl:

Hey gals.....

Kristin and Mare...we ate at the Tutto Italia for trip and I thought it was really good! So i booked it for our spring break trip!

Kristin....I love Chop House...MMMMMMMM yummo steaks!

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter