Having a GRAND time - the NEW Official GF Chat Thread PART 4

Status
Not open for further replies.
Deb~ it was rough when I went... not a dry eye in the whole theater!!! Even my husband who NEVER cries had tears.

I was sobbing so hard at the end I was worried someone was going to shhh me :sad2:

Good Morning All!!

Marvel - Welcome Back!!!

Goofy Gal - Your crumb cake was a HUGE hit again!!!

Two birthday celebration down, one to go!!! Her real birthday isn't even here yet!!!:rotfl:

My brother is all set to take my nephew for his first trip to WDW (May) and we set up all their meals with and without characters. The GF was booked, so their staying at the Wilderness Lodge (DVC)!!!

Morning everyone!!

:sad1: Poor Marley...I loved that movie....

Marvel: Welcome back. Hey I thought of you recently. I was watching 20/20 when they had an investigation on the Hudson plane crash, they said that TWO known bird santuaries are located just north of LGA! Bird watchers (or whatever they're called!) knew this plane crash would eventually happen! Don't fly out of LGA!! The bird santuaries are located on the small islands off LGA. Scary isn't it! :scared1: Make the drive to JFK. There's no traffic at 5am :rotfl: Seriously, we live 5 mins from LGA, we always go to JFK.

TTYL,
Mare
Travel all the way south through Queens to get to JFK? Never!! :rotfl:
You keep trying to get me to give up LGA...do you have stock in JFK? :rotfl: :rotfl:

I didnt realize you were so close to LGA. I'm only about 7 minutes away.

Honestly I'd rather drive again like we did in December. But if you dont have a lot of time off you lose 2 to 4 days depending on if you stop or not.

I have finally entertained the idea of driving! :rotfl: DH has been saying for a while he would like to but my only stop would be Savannah...but now I can stop in Charleston! :rotfl: I have to look at the schedule for the Blue ANgels because there is an airshow in SC this year...hmmmm...Also in Pensacola but that is like 7 hours from WDW...no good! If we did drive it would be a short stay at WDW...new job for DH means little vacation days! :sad2:

Brook.....I am a BIG BABY when it comes to sad movies......and with it involving a Lab I would totally lose it and never be able to contain myself :sad2:. If it's that bad I can see DH losing it too because Hunter is his baby.

Marvel......Your input on Marley & Me put me over the edge :rolleyes1. After you saw it you posted about it on here and I said "Not for me" :rotfl: :rotfl:. And BTW......PLEASE take your dancing (or as Chan called it "drunk" :rotfl:) Christmas tree off your sig.....it's driving me nuts because I'm looking forward to spring :rotfl2: :rotfl2:.

Annette......I'm sure your brother is going to have a fabulous trip :thumbsup2. We love the WL......it's one of our fav resorts.......next to the Poly :).

Hi Mare......Glad you had a nice weekend :flower3:. My boys had the mini battery operated quads when they were little......they were so cute driving around acting all grown up because they were "driving" :goodvibes.

Deb :yay:

Morning Gals....

Vanessa!!!!! I am glad you are back!!!!! We missed ya! Lets plan a spring IL gals meet!

Lisa....I watch Bachelor.....omg i cant believe that witch is coming back...

have a good day all...
dawn:)

Welcome back Marval! We missed you.

Happy late Birthday Dawn...sorry I missed the real day.

Happy Birthday to Anty too!!!

Hi Brook, long time no see...where did you disappear to?

Chan- sorry you were having a bad day yesterday, hope today is better!

Mandy- I love your plan to take all the kids and try to get out og the gym membership! Did it work?

It is weird being home for the week and Keith not working...I can't grab computer time (ie: ignore the kids) whenever I want...he gets crabby about it. UGH! I hope he finds a job soon, he is annoying me! Ok- off to "happy family" time. Miss you all!!!

Marvel......Your input on Marley & Me put me over the edge :rolleyes1. After you saw it you posted about it on here and I said "Not for me" :rotfl: :rotfl:. And BTW......PLEASE take your dancing (or as Chan called it "drunk" :rotfl:) Christmas tree off your sig.....it's driving me nuts because I'm looking forward to spring :rotfl2: :rotfl2:.

Deb :yay:

C'mon..watch Marley...everyone can use a good cry right? Especially after the wacky day yesterday was.

As for my sig...done.

Morning all.

Hmm....now I forgot what I read..it was like 3 pages...:rotfl:

Hi, to Vanessa!!
Glad to hear from you again!!!

Lisa!
YES...i have been watching the Bachelor!!! I kinda hope he ends up with Jillian....but not sure yet...I have it DVRed and started to watch it yesterday but couldn't stomach the whole show...it got kind of hinky.

Hi to everybody else!! I have to go reread lol....between reading and home stuff...and interruptions and trying to keep up....:rotfl:

Anyway since its sooo quiet around here today I imagine I'll get alot done...but I'll be back to Dis cause I know I'll be feeling lonely...;)

Just don't be causing any trouble.....:rotfl: :rotfl:

I am sitting here enjoying my nice large DD coffee...yum...nothing like it in the morning...DH brought it to me before he went to work...what a guy....:lovestruc

I think he was trying to give me a good caffeine boost so I'd get some stuff done !!!:rotfl:

I have my McDs coffee....DH brought it to me....only i always get DECAF and he got me the real thing...NOT GOOD.

TTYL,
Chan
GF caffeine jazzed Gal

OMG Marvel.........After I posted I saw you sig..........TOO FUNNY :rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl:. I can't stop laughing :rotfl2: :rotfl2:.

Siobhan.....Good luck with driving :thumbsup2. I could never do it :sad2:. When we planned out first Disney trip back in 2001, we were originally going to drive because we were in the middle of building our house and figured if something came up last minute and we had to cancel, we wouldn't have plane tickets to lose :rolleyes1. But I found great airfare and DH said get the tickets and we'll just go regardless. We drove EVERYWHERE when I was a kid.......and now I'm spoiled with flying that I don't think I would make it :rotfl:. We had to make a trip down to Kentucky last summer and we were just approaching Indianapolis (which is not even 2 hours from us :rolleyes1) and DH turned to me and said "We've only been driving for 2 hours" :faint:.....and I said "YEP......and just think....driving to Disney would be another 12-14" :scared1: :scared1:. So needless to say, we won't ever be driving to Disney :rotfl2:. There are alot of pretty places to see......I just wouldn't make it :confused:.

Dawn......Did you enjoy your day off yesterday??? Yes....lets get planning that IL meet :goodvibes. What's good for you gals :confused3?? Would it be easier on you, Dawn, to wait until after your trip??

Hi Shel :).....Hope you have a good day with hubby and the kids :goodvibes. Come back and chat when ya can :thumbsup2.

Deb ;)

Deb and BlueDeb- I am booked for June too! :banana:

Siobhan - Love the DS and cheese story!! You need to come on down!!

Vanessa - Welcome back! You will love HHI! We'll be there in July. Make sure you are there on a Tuesday for the Star Spangled Tuesday celebration!

Kel- Hope Anty has a great birthday!!

I still have not seen Marley and Me. I read the book when it first came out but I know I will be a sobbing mess if I see the movie. DD read it too and she doesnt want to see the movie either!

C'mon..watch Marley...everyone can use a good cry right? Especially after the wacky day yesterday was.

As for my sig...done.

I would bawl my eyes for a month if I saw that movie :sad2:. I am such a baby when it comes to sad stuff and I would be thinking of my Lab the entire time and never recover :rotfl: :rotfl:. AND.....Marley is a yellow lab and so is Hunter....too sad for me :sad1:. And you're not kidding.....yesterday was a doozy :rolleyes:.

WTG on the sig.......now if I only knew what it said :rotfl2: :rotfl2:.

Morning all.

Hmm....now I forgot what I read..it was like 3 pages...:rotfl:

TTYL,
Chan
GF caffeine jazzed Gal

I know.....every time I would post there would be another 4 or 5 posts to read and catch up on :rotfl: :rotfl:.

Deb :upsidedow

Travel all the way south through Queens to get to JFK? Never!! :rotfl:

You keep trying to get me to give up LGA...do you have stock in JFK? :rotfl: :rotfl:

I didnt realize you were so close to LGA. I'm only about 7 minutes away.

I live right along the East River. We can take the FDR Dr to Tri-Boro Bridge to LGA less than 10 mins or 59th St Bridge to Van Wyck to JFK less than 20 mins. We always take a car service and leave the first flight out. There's never traffic at 5am.

DH is a bad flyer, he feels "safer" flying out of a large airport that's why he favors JFK. The 20/20 report just freaked me out knowing that the birds are there right in the flight path of LGA planes and no one ever listened to the bird experts. It was just so scary to hear.

Annette: Glad you enjoyed the coffee cake. I have half a sheet cake left of DS2's birthday cake. I have to throw it out but feel it's such a sin :rotfl: I just can't look at it any longer. Cabanas, water parks and pools remind me to throw it out! :laughing:

Good Morning!

:surfweb: Busy weekend plus a day off from school so I need my coffee!!! I need to go back and catch up but I need advice

SW dropped their fares back to the same price I booked at. I can switch my flight from 6:25am dep to 7:20am depart for the same price- should I do it? :confused: It would mean leaving my house at 5am vs. 4am- but since those are both such horribly early hours, is it worth it for one extra hour of sleep? I was hoping the early flights might not be as crowded...

Kristin: I would take the later flight. We always take the first flight out at 6am and this last trip it hit us. We all crashed at 2pm we were wiped out. This June we're taking the second flight out at 7:55. We get in around 11am, still early enough for us.

Our flights are always full regardless of what time of day.

Good Morning!

:surfweb: Busy weekend plus a day off from school so I need my coffee!!! I need to go back and catch up but I need advice

SW dropped their fares back to the same price I booked at. I can switch my flight from 6:25am dep to 7:20am depart for the same price- should I do it? :confused: It would mean leaving my house at 5am vs. 4am- but since those are both such horribly early hours, is it worth it for one extra hour of sleep? I was hoping the early flights might not be as crowded...

Hey Kristin......I hope you had a nice weekend getaway with DH :lovestruc. If it were me.....I'd go with the 7:20 am departure.....but that's just me :rolleyes1. Those are the early morning times that I'm looking at for our trip in June. If the earlier one is quite a bit cheaper when I book, I'll take it....but since both are the same price for you, I'd go the later one :rolleyes:. Those early morning flights are killers......so I'd take the extra hour of sleep :cloud9:.

Deb :flower3:

Maybe that has been the problem these past few days....hmmmmm:rotfl: :rotfl:
:rotfl:

OMG...don't even go there......:rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl: I have too much caffeine in me now...I could just jump out of my skin:scared1: ....and do something I might live to regret....:rotfl2: (but probably no regrets on second thought:rotfl: )

Good Morning!

COOL :thumbsup2. I thought you were but I couldn't remember :goodvibes.

HI!! Did you have a fun weekend?!!?!!?!? I would take the later flight...I hate those super early ones...although both of your choices are super early IMO....go with the cheaper one. You never know...the other might go down too! Just keep watching. Go for cheap. That's my motto with SWA.

Siobhan....I love to drive to WDW!!!! Although now that the kids are older..it did seem that everybody had their own set of earbuds..and nobody was a group anymore..it was each for themselves....but it's fun!! We saw the silliest billboard signs...and got a lot of laughs. There was a CHEESE BUFFET in TN..or KY..not sure...but we saw signs for that for miles..and laughed...:rotfl: :rotfl: my kids thought taht was the stupidest thing...but sounds like DS might appreciate a good cheese buffet!!!:thumbsup2 :rotfl2:

Chan
Jazzed up GF GAL:yay:

Well crud, my computer locked up and I lost all my multi quotes!! :badpc:

Mare- we like Tony's for lunch. Period. We also like the Plaza for lunch too. CRT is really the only MK place we like for dinner

Dawn- Happy Belated Bday girl!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I hope you celebrated like the sassy lil thang that you are! :cake:

Facebook- it doesn't matter if you cancel your account or delete the stuff- if it was ever posted, they own it. :sad2:

Welcome back to the maddness Marvel!!!!!!!! :woohoo:

The weekend away was fun!! :love: The room was nice, the hotel was packed, but in a good way. We drank a lot of wine, had a wonderful dinner at the Chop House (my steak was like butter!!) and DS had a good time at the IL's and still has no idea that we went! :rotfl:

I am still on the fence about that flight. I was going to make an ADR at the Plaza for lunch on our arrival day, with dinner at Cali Grille. Now I am thinking we would proabably just skip the Plaza and grab a bite at the food court before heading over to MK... I really need to decide today before the price changes...

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter