Having a GRAND time - the NEW Official GF Chat Thread PART 4

Status
Not open for further replies.
None of you are uppiDy...but you sure as hell are chatty! (not catty- well- not much :) ) 6 pages today alone! Goodness- must be cold outside or something. :confused3

I not been posting the last few days but I have been following along. I am having a hard time right now, and an even harder time facing it. My husband lost his job 10 days ago- and I am feeling like I am in a spin. It was so unexpected, unplanned, and not his fault. I am mad about it- with on one to blame but the economy.
And it is hard to come on here and chat happily along and pretend everything is fine. A few of the gals know about it, but l this is my first public post about it. Mostly I wanted you guys to know I am not ignoring the friends I have found here- I am just trying to figure it all out here at home.
If I am quiet for a while please know that I am still "here" and working through it all. :) Sheli

HUGS TO YOU SHEL!!!:grouphug: :grouphug: :grouphug:

You know we are here for you....UPPIDY or Uppity or not. We're your peeps.;)

I am hoping for some good news for you soon.pixiedust:

Hang in there.:grouphug:

Chan

Maxie...you know...maybe you better catch a fight and come down. ::yes:: We might need some outside restraint...since we might not have any self control.:rotfl: I mean...look who's driving the bus and all.....:drive:
I would hate to wind up banned from the GF and have to be the Poly Gals.....it doesn't have the same ring to it.....:scared:

Chan:goodvibes
GF GAL for life no matter what.....princess:

I still haven't learned my lesson to NOT drink OR eat anything until AFTER I've read these posts........I almost just choked on my pop tart :rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl:.

Marvel -- is that third picture, by chance, the laundry floor? :magnify:

Great pictures! I spent some time out in the lounge, and any time someone knew came in, I'm sure I was staring trying to figure out if the new people were the Marvels... I did manage to find Ray Liotta, but no Captain Marvel...

WINNER!

Yes that is the 2nd floor laundry room.
For some reason the 6 of us went to drop off stuff and I was struck by how quiet that floor is. I kept telling the kids that all the people on this floor were busy kissing and you better not make any noise!!!!

Ray Liotta was in RPC? I havent seen a movie from him in a long time but then again i rarely see movies these days... (oh Marley :sad: )

I was going to question the comment about the window pecker but i see it has been revealed to be a bird so never mind.

None of you are uppiDy...but you sure as hell are chatty! (not catty- well- not much :) ) 6 pages today alone! Goodness- must be cold outside or something. :confused3

I not been posting the last few days but I have been following along. I am having a hard time right now, and an even harder time facing it. My husband lost his job 10 days ago- and I am feeling like I am in a spin. It was so unexpected, unplanned, and not his fault. I am mad about it- with on one to blame but the economy.
And it is hard to come on here and chat happily along and pretend everything is fine. A few of the gals know about it, but l this is my first public post about it. Mostly I wanted you guys to know I am not ignoring the friends I have found here- I am just trying to figure it all out here at home.
If I am quiet for a while please know that I am still "here" and working through it all. :) Sheli

I am SO SORRY, Shel :hug:. We are all here for you :grouphug:. Try to hang in there and just take it a day at a time. We're your peeps as Chan said and you WILL get through this ;).

Deb

My husband lost his job 10 days ago- and I am feeling like I am in a spin. It was so unexpected, unplanned, and not his fault. I am mad about it- with on one to blame but the economy. :) Sheli

So sorry to hear that Sheli. i hate all the uncertainty the economy is bringing to so many people.
Its one reason im glad to be going back to a chain store..more security there than a small independent.

Sending you Good Thoughts! :)

Shel - I am so sorry. This economy stinks and I hope he finds something very soon! :grouphug:

Hi Everyone!

What a chatty group!! Cant believe how many pages I am behind....:rotfl: I'm never gonna catch up....:faint:

I have those Lacoste slip on sneakers..very comfy:thumbsup2

Marvel More great pics...but bats creep me out...:crazy2:

Sounds like you February gals are gearing up for a wild trip!!:hyper::rotfl: Cant wait to hear all about it...(Chan somehow I cant pictre you ever being a Poly girl!!)

Maxie 60 days....a mere 2 months....hurry up spring.....

Mare dont know it you bought tickets already for Mary Poppins but on mouse savers there is a link for a nice discont I think unitl the end of February....

Shelli I am so sorry to hear about your difficulties...there are many times that your witty posts have given me a good laugh on a bad day....please know that you and your family will be in my prayers...

Stay warm...TTYL...:flower3:

So sorry to hear that Sheli. i hate all the uncertainty the economy is bringing to so many people.
Its one reason im glad to be going back to a chain store..more security there than a small independent.

Sending you Good Thoughts! :)

So you are liking it and everything is going well? I'm so glad you made the move! :goodvibes

Sheli -- My DH was out of work for 5 months last year, and it was also unexpected. It all worked out for the better, as he has a much better job, with more pay and better benefits, but it was difficult living it at the time. PD to him and to you.

WINNER!

Yes that is the 2nd floor laundry room.
For some reason the 6 of us went to drop off stuff and I was struck by how quiet that floor is. I kept telling the kids that all the people on this floor were busy kissing and you better not make any noise!!!!

Ray Liotta was in RPC? I havent seen a movie from him in a long time but then again i rarely see movies these days... (oh Marley :sad: )

I was going to question the comment about the window pecker but i see it has been revealed to be a bird so never mind.

I unfortunately spent some time in there this last trip, and the washer wasn't too kind to me. That was the same day that I had a doctor come to the GF to give me meds, a very small diamond chip fell out of my favorite earrings, and a day after my curling iron died. I was beginning to wonder about the trip, although it all worked out and we had a great trip. Particularly since they found room at the inn for us to stay, instead of the split-stay we thought we were going to do.

I'll have to take time at some point and tell you guys my Ray story. Off to get lunch for the kids.

Shelbell...:grouphug: :grouphug: :grouphug: :crowded: OMG this ecomomy is SUCKO!!!!!! Fingers crossed for your DH! We are here for you .... vent away girlfriend!

Son of a pecker....OMG best one I've heard in a long time!!!! :rotfl2: :rotfl2: :lmao: :lmao:

OMG just on the news...Obama tatoos....i think thats taking it a little too far!:scared:

Chan, yes I think I should go to keep you in line. That bus driver of yours is gonna get everyone in trouble.:drive:

Sheli I am so sorry about your DH's job. pixiedust: pixiedust: Hope he finds something soon.

GRRRR. I have been out with the dog 4 times in the last hour. All she did was sniff and eat snow. She finally went on the 4th try. I hate going out in the snow. At least she asked to go out and didn't go in the house.:rotfl2:

Shelli: I'm so sorry! :grouphug: We're all hear for you and thinking of you! :flower3: Let's hope this was a blessing in disguise and something wonderful will come alone very soon!

BlueSkies: Thanks for the Mary Poppins tip. DS4 wanted a party instead, but if the tickets are a deal, maybe that could be his present :goodvibes

I'm eyeing those Lacoste slip on sneakers :thumbsup2 Good to know their comfy!

Marcij: I had no luck with the dryer in the Big Pine Key laundry room. I had to run it 4 times to get the clothes to dry! Learned my lesson, I'd rather pack more clothes and NOT do laundry on a ten-day trip! It was such a hassle!:mad:

I wanna hear your Ray story! Goodfellas is one of my all-time favorite movies!

Deb...his appt was at 1:45...then we have to wait and get the results....this is what i hate hurry and wait, hurry and wait.....

Maxie...omg my dog is the same...bark bark bark out he goes and all he does is eat snow..whats up with that??

Deb...his appt was at 1:45...then we have to wait and get the results....this is what i hate hurry and wait, hurry and wait.....

I know what you mean about hurry up and wait :sad2:. Keep us posted....hopefully everything turns out ok :hug:.

Deb :)

Where is everybody? :rolleyes:

I know where the bus driver is:drive: ....I just got off the phone with HER...but WHERE are you guys????

Dawn.
..any word on the MRI? Hope all is well!

It has been a MEGA lazy day here...you guys got me going this morning.:rotfl: I was glued to this laptop. THen I basically did nada today...some laundry and picked up kids and waited on kids.....whoohoo...

Hope you all had better more fun and thrilling day then I did.:upsidedow Although...talking to the bus driver was pretty amusing. :)

TTYL!!! Come back!!! I won't bash the Poly anymore...I promise.....:p

Chan:)
Never a Poly Gal

EVAH:rolleyes2

Where is everybody? :rolleyes:

I know where the bus driver is:drive: ....I just got off the phone with HER...but WHERE are you guys????

Dawn.
..any word on the MRI? Hope all is well!

It has been a MEGA lazy day here...you guys got me going this morning.:rotfl: I was glued to this laptop. THen I basically did nada today...some laundry and picked up kids and waited on kids.....whoohoo...

Hope you all had better more fun and thrilling day then I did.:upsidedow Although...talking to the bus driver was pretty amusing. :)

TTYL!!! Come back!!! I won't bash the Poly anymore...I promise.....:p

Chan:)
Never a Poly Gal

EVAH:rolleyes2

This Poly-loving peep is here :rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl:. I was wondering where everybody was too because I kept checking to see who was chatting and all I saw was my post as the last one and thought everybody disappeared :rotfl2:.

I did ironing and a bunch of laundry today.....other than that it's been pretty boring around here as well :rolleyes2. I was rolling this morning I was laughing so hard.....you gals really got me going :rotfl:. Maybe I should call the bus driver for some laughs because after this morning's amusement it kinda died down for me.....nothing funny went on after that :rolleyes:.

Deb :clown:

Evening All....

I know I should be cooking but I decided to take a computer break...

It has been snowing here all day....everything is covered again...winter:sad2: need I say more....

Dawn me too on the good wishes for your DH...how long will it take for yu to get the report...the waiting is the worst...I had to wait for some test results a while back and it was just awful:sad2:

I have been revising my ADRs again...what a surprise:rotfl: Want to add one character breakfast...any input will be appreciated...we always do 1900 PF...I was thinking CM but recent reviews have made me unsure!! How about the one at Cape May?? Is it worth the trip:confused3

Channing I was at TJMaxx yesterday...lots of Vera stuff again...make up bags wallets belts...found a few things DD might need....no h2o this time though...

Well I guess I'd better get cooking....or maybe just ordering:rotfl:

Have a good night!!

I'm here. Checked in to see if there was any news from Dawn. I cleaned the bathrooms and finished the laundry. I did clean the house today in between dissing.:rotfl2: I have to work the rest of the week, so I had to do it all today. We are supposed to get more snow tonight.:crazy2: It is only supposed to be about an inch, but I will have to clean it all off of my car tomorrow before work.:eek:
I'm waiting for my groceries to be delivered then I am going to ride the bike.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter