HAVING A GRAND OLD TIME! The 2013 Grand Floridian Resort & Villas FAQ

Status
Not open for further replies.
A girl after my own heart, I have several pairs of flops by both front and back doors.;)

I live in my flip flops ::yes::. I keep them handy all year just in case we get a warm enough day in the winter where I can sneak in a day to wear them :laughing:.

This is an extremely belated Thanksgiving wave to all my dear American GFers. I have been interstate and away from my computer for a week. So, this is my first opportunity to wish you all well for the Holiday Season. I do hope 'leftovers' is not a dirty word.

Thank you for the well Thanksgiving wishes :flower3:.

We had a good Thanksgiving, thank you, I hope you did as well.:goodvibes It was quiet, none of my kids were able to come home, but my DH and MIL enjoyed the dinner.;)

I'm sorry none of your kids were able to get home for Thanksgiving, but I hope you had a nice day with your DH and MIL :flower3:.

LOL - leftovers is a wonderful, much anticipated word in my house.;)

Same here :thumbsup2.

Good morning, GF pals..:surfweb: I was watching a Hallmark movie this morning at 6:30 (with tree lights on :goodvibes)! Three weeks until Christmas! :santa: Maybe I'll start my shopping today... (wish I could put an early winter GF stay in my own stocking! :upsidedow )

I can't believe Christmas is just 3 weeks away.....it seems like we just had Christmas and started a new year.....the days/weeks/months are going way too fast :sad2:. Good luck with your shopping. I'm with you on the winter GF stay in your stocking....can I have one??? :goodvibes

This is an extremely belated Thanksgiving wave to all my dear American GFers. I have been interstate and away from my computer for a week. So, this is my first opportunity to wish you all well for the Holiday Season. I do hope 'leftovers' is not a dirty word.

Congrats to all who have recently booked stays at the GF. I'm sure you will have a wonderful time. :)

"Leftovers" is only a dirty word to my kids . . . I think they have been turkeyed out! LOL But it has got me out of cooking a couple nights! :banana:

Good morning, GF pals..:surfweb: I was watching a Hallmark movie this morning at 6:30 (with tree lights on :goodvibes)! Three weeks until Christmas! :santa: Maybe I'll start my shopping today... (wish I could put an early winter GF stay in my own stocking! :upsidedow )

Love that letter to Santa, mariamouse! Alot of us probably sent some good ones Santa's way!

Good Luck with the shopping! Before I started teaching online I used to take a day off from work just to shop during the day when there were less crowds. Now I do the majority of my shopping on-line . . . No crowds there! LOL

I just saw that the Value resorts went with completely KTTW-less yesterday...I hope GF still has them in February..I really want my gold card!!

It seems like they are making this transition fairly quick. It almost looks like a weekly thing. Keeping my fingers crossed that you still get your gold card!

How about gold magicbands?? :cool1:

THAT would be cool! I just saw a hand painted one last night...someone proposed with them..I think it was MyMagic+ proposal

Magic-Bands-560x395.jpeg

:thumbsup2 Gold bands to go with the gold cards..I like the way that sounds grannyminnie!

Blue, I had to laugh at your use of the word "usually" regarding enjoying being surrounded by family! :laughing: There are those members whose presence might NOT be missed every now and then..:rotfl:

I have NO shopping done! None... Should I be getting :scared: ?

Well..we all have that ONE relative...:upsidedow Get shopping girl!

I love this! So cute. Last year, my mom came across a long forgotten letter that I had written to Santa at age six (dated October 32nd, naturally) requesting "money and anything else." Couldn't stop cracking up when we found that gem!

On a separate topic, I am happy to report that we have canceled our extra back-up Poly reservation as of last night and are now fully committed to the GF for our stay in 1.5 months! We are so excited and just couldn't help feeling that the combination of the Grand being a better cold weather resort and the Poly construction potentially being a burden made the Grand the better choice this time around. Can't believe our trip is so soon!! I'm sure it will be here before we know it with all of the impending holiday craziness!

Hope k&a&c'smom and the rest of the GF FAQ gang are doing great and had a lovely Thanksgiving! You can expect to see quite a bit more of me on here in the coming couple months. :)

Hope that you and your family had a happy Thanksgiving too Maria... what a cute story..October 32nd..love it! princess: WTG on choosing the GF for your upcoming vacation..I agree it is so nice to visit in the winter..and the spring..summer...the fall...lol...;)

Hi Friends!:wave2: Haven't posted but have been reading along. I have looked everyday to see if I can get my air booked, but no luck. Southwest only has reservations until June 6 and we are going to the GF on July 15. Maybe this week something will come out. Still have not finished my dining plans either. DS is still waiting for his first choice for college. Got into his second choice. I'm getting ready for Christmas. Just finished putting away Thanksgiving stuff!

Any news on how the new mug system is working at Gasparilla's?

Congrats to your son! :goodvibes Hoping that he gets his first choice too! Bet that air ressies will available soon... No idea about the mugs..but I will be happy to check for you when we are there! ::yes::

Congrats to all who have recently booked stays at the GF. I'm sure you will have a wonderful time. :)

:wave2:

k&a&c'smom Sorry that the kids were not able to be home for the holiday...:crowded: I am a fan of those no cooking eating left over nites too!

MickeyNut THREE weeks...:confused: till Christmas...I don't even want to think about that!! lol...:santa: Yet...

DisneyDmbNut Hope that you get your GOLD card!! :thumbsup2 ( I know thats only yellow...LOL...but actually the "gold" cards really are mostly yellow).. Love the proposal MBs! What a wonderfully Disney way to pop the question!!

PrincessM I think online shopping is whats easiest for most of us these days... I especially like the Disney store online shopping....gives me a bit of a Disney fix..I's sure that you understand! :upsidedow

I bet that the GF is fully decorated now...I can almost smell that gingerbead... :lovestruc I wonder how the VGF is decorated..Inquiring mind here...LOL...

Hope that everyone is having a wonderful Wednesday! :earsgirl:

.... (wish I could put an early winter GF stay in my own stocking! :upsidedow )

x2!!:teeth:

I just saw that the Value resorts went with completely KTTW-less yesterday...I hope GF still has them in February..I really want my gold card!!

Argh! I was sure hoping this would not happen.~sigh~

I live in my flip flops ::yes::. I keep them handy all year just in case we get a warm enough day in the winter where I can sneak in a day to wear them :laughing:.

I'm sorry none of your kids were able to get home for Thanksgiving, but I hope you had a nice day with your DH and MIL :flower3:.

I can't believe Christmas is just 3 weeks away.....it seems like we just had Christmas and started a new year.....the days/weeks/months are going way too fast :sad2:.

You said a mouthful there - the year just seems to fly by.:hourglass Thanks about the kids, it was weird without any of them, but we had a nice day.

I do the same thing, keep my flip flops out all year. Even if it isn't all that warm, I wear them out to the garage, when I take the dog out, etc.

"Leftovers" is only a dirty word to my kids . . . I think they have been turkeyed out! LOL But it has got me out of cooking a couple nights! :banana:
It seems like they are making this transition fairly quick. It almost looks like a weekly thing. Keeping my fingers crossed that you still get your gold card!

Same here, I haven't had to do much cooking until the last couple nights. Leftovers, then turkey tetrazzini, which was then a leftover as we have no kids here to gobble it up.;)

I agree about the MB transition, I didn't think they were even finished with the test phase. Not keeping up, obviously! lol

THAT would be cool! I just saw a hand painted one last night...someone proposed with them..I think it was MyMagic+ proposal

How adorable!:cutie: I hope the answer was yes.:laughing:

MickeyNut THREE weeks...:confused: till Christmas...I don't even want to think about that!! lol...:santa: Yet...

I bet that the GF is fully decorated now...I can almost smell that gingerbead... :lovestruc I wonder how the VGF is decorated..Inquiring mind here...LOL...

Yep.....3 weeks from today actually :santa:....hard to believe it's that time already.

I, too, love the GF during the holidays :cloud9:.

I do the same thing, keep my flip flops out all year. Even if it isn't all that warm, I wear them out to the garage, when I take the dog out, etc.

I agree about the MB transition, I didn't think they were even finished with the test phase. Not keeping up, obviously! lol

Me too......I use any excuse to put those flip flops on :rotfl2:.

Count me in the group not keeping up on the MB transition :rolleyes1. I guess I'll look into it and see what's going on when I have a trip coming up :laughing:.

k&a&c'smom I see we were posting at the same time! :goodvibes Are we back in sync with each other...LOL...Only time will tell....:earsgirl:

MickeyNut WDW is just incredible in December....especially the GF.... A really nice way to start the holidays..So why aren't we there now??? LOL...

MickeyNut WDW is just incredible in December....especially the GF.... A really nice way to start the holidays..So why aren't we there now??? LOL...

I've been wondering that myself :rotfl::rotfl:.

But I do agree, WDW is amazing in December.....you can't beat Disney during the holidays :santa:.

3 days from today we will be at the Grand with TPV!!!! Soooo excited!!! Tooooo excited to sleep!!!

YAY, we will be there at the same time.

We are supposed to arrive Saturday around 1, but the weather here in Dallas is about to drop 40 degrees and unleash freezing rain and sleet :crazy2:

Does anyone know if we need to contact ME or the Grand if our flight is delayed... or canceled :confused3

3 days from today we will be at the Grand with TPV!!!! Soooo excited!!! Tooooo excited to sleep!!!

Have a great trip :dance3:.

We are supposed to arrive Saturday around 1, but the weather here in Dallas is about to drop 40 degrees and unleash freezing rain and sleet :crazy2:

Does anyone know if we need to contact ME or the Grand if our flight is delayed... or canceled :confused3

I hope you have a great trip without any flight delays or cancellations :wizard:. I can't help with your DME question as we've never used it, but hopefully someone will be able to answer about whether or not to contact them in the case of any changes.

OK....I hate to sound stupid but what do you mean by Stouffer's food? Is it food that is just heated up from frozen and not made scratch? Or is it meaning just simple comfort foods or ??? I have never been to LTT but we were planning to go this summer for a lunch ressie. Youngest DD has lots of food allergies and the menu looked good but now I am second guessing. Please elaborate as this is nothing I have ever come across when reading LTT reviews:surfweb:

Been there and was great. Family style and great home feeling comfort food

Yep.....3 weeks from today actually :santa:....hard to believe it's that time already.

Count me in the group not keeping up on the MB transition :rolleyes1. I guess I'll look into it and see what's going on when I have a trip coming up :laughing:.

Only 3 weeks, gaaah!!:scared:

LOL about finding out when you have a trip coming up - that has been my philosophy, too.;)

k&a&c'smom I see we were posting at the same time! :goodvibes Are we back in sync with each other...LOL...Only time will tell....:earsgirl:

I didn't even see your earlier post until I read this one!:laughing: Maybe we are back to posting together.:hyper2:

Three more days, woohoo!!:cool1::cool1: I'll bet you ARE excited!

Just 3 days to go.:banana: I hope you are able to get out ahead of the bad weather.

If you are delayed by a couple hours, no need to contact anyone unless you want to. If canceled, I would definitely call the resort and they will likely update the arrival time in the system. It shouldn't be an issue either way, as there isn't really a spot reserved for your party, if you know what I mean. And I think the new ME system tracks flights, doesn't it? I know it was much easier when we used it the last time, we didn't have to go to the counter or anything.

Awww ill be hoping for good weather there so you can make it safe and sound to Disney!!! :).

That's about the time we will be arriving too lol... But we're driving over.

LOL - leftovers is a wonderful, much anticipated word in my house.;)

Thanks for the well wishes. Do you have a similar holiday in Australia? I know they have a Canadian Thanksgiving.

k&a&c'smom, no we don't really have a comparable holiday down here. We do the Christmas, Boxing Day, New Year week quite well, though! Think both traditional holiday fare plus beaches and seafood. The only time I have ever had a cold-weather Christmas has been last year's trip to the GF! It was nippy... truly. :)

Hi! Your holiday at the beach with seafood sounds wonderful!

We had a good Thanksgiving, thank you, I hope you did as well.:goodvibes It was quiet, none of my kids were able to come home, but my DH and MIL enjoyed the dinner.;)

Glad you had Mil, I did too:)
!
My mom has me hooked on those Hallmark movies too:thumbsup2

Me too! I have a SL stay on New Year's Day. I will let you know if still Kttw cards still available.
Nice!

Too cute!
I can't believe Christmas is just 3 weeks away.....it seems like we just had Christmas and started a new year.....the days/weeks/months are going way too fast :sad2:. Good luck with your shopping. I'm with you on the winter GF stay in your stocking....can I have one??? :goodvibes

This has been the fastest year ever. Counting the days til I have my baby girl back home :yay:

Good Luck with the shopping! Before I started teaching online I used to take a day off from work just to shop during the day when there were less crowds. Now I do the majority of my shopping on-line . . . No crowds there! LOL

I love online shopping too. Problem is I end up "one for them, two for me":rotfl:

:thumbsup2 Gold bands to go with the gold cards..I like the way that sounds grannyminnie!
:
I still am hoping they keep the gold cards:goodvibes
:yay: have a grand stay:yay:

I have arrived really late(2am) ME is open 24hr and they don't care when you come. Not sure on hotel. Probably not a bad idea to call if not coming.

Enjoy your trip!

I hope you have a great trip without any flight delays or cancellations :wizard:. I can't help with your DME question as we've never used it, but hopefully someone will be able to answer about whether or not to contact them in the case of any changes.

Thanks for the pixie dust!

Just 3 days to go.:banana: I hope you are able to get out ahead of the bad weather.

If you are delayed by a couple hours, no need to contact anyone unless you want to. If canceled, I would definitely call the resort and they will likely update the arrival time in the system. It shouldn't be an issue either way, as there isn't really a spot reserved for your party, if you know what I mean. And I think the new ME system tracks flights, doesn't it? I know it was much easier when we used it the last time, we didn't have to go to the counter or anything.

Thanks for the advice. The bad weather is supposed to arrive tonight, so I will know more what saturday might look like tomorrow morning. Right now its just cold here.

Awww ill be hoping for good weather there so you can make it safe and sound to Disney!!! :).

That's about the time we will be arriving too lol... But we're driving over.

Thanks! Drive safe.

:yay: have a grand stay:yay:

I have arrived really late(2am) ME is open 24hr and they don't care when you come. Not sure on hotel. Probably not a bad idea to call if not coming.

Enjoy your trip!

Thanks for the advice... I really hope we arrive before 2AM... yikes!

k&a&c'smom, no we don't really have a comparable holiday down here. We do the Christmas, Boxing Day, New Year week quite well, though! Think both traditional holiday fare plus beaches and seafood. The only time I have ever had a cold-weather Christmas has been last year's trip to the GF! It was nippy... truly. :)

YUM!! I want your holiday feast, and weather.:goodvibes Beaches and seafood at Christmas, what a thought.~sigh~ As I said earlier, DH and I could live without another snowflake - ever!;)

LOL about it being nippy at the GF. You need to experience a real winter Christmas just once, so you can say you've done it. Then go back to your glorious season.:beach:

.... I have a SL stay on New Year's Day. I will let you know if still Kttw cards still available.

This has been the fastest year ever. Counting the days til I have my baby girl back home :yay:

I love online shopping too. Problem is I end up "one for them, two for me":rotfl:

Awww, I know what you mean about counting the days 'til your baby girl is back home. I'm the same.:grouphug:

LOL about one for them, two for you...good system.;)

We have arrived at around 11:30 for ME and it was no problem - except the later buses seem to have to wait longer for a full load, and once our driver agreed to drop off the PO resorts, too.:faint: We had 5 stops on that bus, and of course, the Grand was the last.:headache:

Looking forward to your report back on the gold cards.

Thanks for the advice. The bad weather is supposed to arrive tonight, so I will know more what saturday might look like tomorrow morning. Right now its just cold here.

Thanks for the advice... I really hope we arrive before 2AM... yikes!

Good luck, I'll keep my fingers crossed for you!pixiedust: Luckily, the WDW resorts are very good about flight delays, and as has been mentioned, ME should be no issue at all, so try not to worry. (easy for me to say, right?!:teeth:)

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter