Haven't been to US/IOA in years- What's new -what do we need to know?

MelanieC

<font color=blue>BL II - Blue Team<br><font color=
Hi there,

We are a family of 4 (me, DH, DS11 & DD17-ages during trip). We haven't been since 2004. We are going next summer 2009 in August for a 16 night trip. We will most likely do 2 or 3 days at US/IOA, one day at Sea World and the rest at Disney. Most likely we will not have to worry about a Sea World pass because we will get free passes through the Salue a Hero program if they extend it to next year.

Since it's been so long and I haven't been on the US/IOA board in a long time, please tell me what is new, what I need to know - any tips.

What deals are out there for admission these days. Last time I think it was a 3 day pass we got. We did 1 1/2 days at each.

What days of the week are the slowest in the summer?

Any new or great restaurants. We ate at Mysto's for lunch (OMG the best meal I have ever had - chef was trying out something for New Years Eve and had a meal for the first 4 people that ordered it). We ate at someplace next to Dr. Seuss Land, and dinner at Emerils (The portofino -not Citywalk).

Thanks in advance - My kids are really excited when we decided to go back. DS was too small to ride Hulk, so he is excited. Our favorite rides last time were Spiderman and The Mummy.

In US the rides are much the same. I believe The Mummy is new and The Simpsons has replaced Back to the Future. Earthquake was renamed Disaster but it's much the same except for a new pre-show.

I was not in IOA prior to 2006 so I really can't inform you there. It hasn't changed since them They are adding a Harry Potter attraction to open, I think, in 2010.

Go try the Universal web site it has lost of info.

We always get the 7 Day unlimited admission tickets.
Bob

Thanks everyone - I found the FAQ page and visited the Universal website and was able to learn a lot. I'm looking foward to going again. I sure hope the new rollercoaster is open.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter