Have your glasses ever fallen off?

No. I am practically blind without my glasses so I would never take them off for a ride in the first place. I like to see what is happening.

I am always afraid I'm going to lose my glasses on RNR. Last time I rode I spent the whole time with my hand holding them onto my face. If I lost them I wouldn't be able to walk out of the park on my own. I'm thinking of getting a strap for them just in case so I don't have to worry about them.

My girlfriend lost a pair of sunglasses on Expedition Everest. She forgot they were hanging on the collar of her shirt and by the end of the ride they were gone

I haven't lost my glasses yet, but I did take them off for RnR. Otherwise, I've worn them on Space, BTMRR, EE, Dinosaur, Test Track, and ToT (at least those are the ones I can remember).

No, but I do take them off Space Mountain and Splash Mountain. The only issue with this is that I'm blind without my glasses, so I can't see anything. However, mine are rather loose-fitting, so I'm sure you'll be fine.

Many moons ago, I lost my favorite pair of sunglasses on space mountain. Last year lost a pair on splash.

I lost a contact lens on Toy Story Mania. I was concentrating so hard trying to beat my daughter's score that when I felt it loosen I still kept shooting thinking that I would fix it at the end of the ride. But then it really popped out during that last shooting scene and it was gone! We even stopped the ride for a few minutes trying to find it in my ride vehicle when I got out. So I walked around for another hour seeing out of one eye only before we went back to the room to get my spare contact. After all that, she beat my score anyway! Fun times!

Usually, I wear a strap to combat losing my classes. With my World trip coming up, I'm planning on keeping a case in my Peabody bag (that is recommended especially for the world, even if it only comes in three colors) for RnRC and Everest. I haven't had a problem on any other ride, including ToT, which is my fave. :scared1:

I had a sunglasses-accident on one of the slopes at BB.

CM: Please take off your glasses
Me: No, if I accidently lean on them while riding they will get broken!
CM: You need to take them off.

I followed her ridiculous instruction, there was no reason for me to take off my sunglasses. After reaching the goal my glasses were broken. :confused3

I was allowed to wear sunglasses on all other slides, even on Summit Plummet.

Hooray. So, do not take your glasses/sunglasses with you at the waterparks, they may get broken if a CM forces you to lean on them. ;);)

DH wears glasses and it gives me anxiety :-)laughing:) on some of the more powerful rides but he has always been fine!

Lost a pair of sunglasses after the drop on splash mountain. Got wet, shook my head, forgot sunglasses were there and plop, right in the water they went. Ride shut down shortly after and my DW and I blamed it on the glasses.:lmao:

I've always felt like regular glasses seem to fit tighter than sunglasses. I never take my glasses off. I do like to see things on the rides. That said, I keep an old pair of glasses in my toiletry bag as a backup in case of any mishaps. I'd sure hate to spend any amount of time in such a visual place not being able to see.

DW lost her glasses on Space Mountain, but NOT while the ride was in motion. As we were exiting the cars, somehow she stumbled a bit and her glasses fell off her face and onto the tracks. CM said she couldn't retrieve them until after the park closed, which was understandable. Since DW had another pair back in the hotel, we didn't bother to check if they were ever turned into lost and found.

I lost several pairs of cheap sunglasses over the years, mostly because I forgot I put them into the storage bags in the ride vehicles.

Splash Mountain claimed my DH's sunglasses and new baseball hat. And of course, they were Oakley's. I'm convinced that if they were cheap sunglasses, he'd still have them. ;) Now, he didn't listed to any of us, and put his sunglasses on top of his hat. So there he was, both the sunglasses and hat on top of his head and both flew off going down the big drop. Let me tell you, he was OBSESSED with getting them back from lost and found. For three days, we had to go back and forth to lost and found.... like seriously, you really think they're going to find them??? :rolleyes1 And guess what, they were never found! (I know... shocking, right?)

Needless to say, he assured me that for the next trip, that will not happen again....everything is coming off his head. Now, if they were on his face, I doubt they would have come off.... but because they were on his head, the wind got a hold of the hat and took the whole thing.

Lost my favorite pair of sunglasses on BTMRR....as they instructed you to take of your glasses off. I went to grab mine I had postitioned on the top of my head....they slipped right off my head and down on the tracks behind me. They told me they couldn't stop the ride to get them....I tried the lost and found the next day with no luck. Oh well....I know have a favorite pair of Disney sunglasses :cool1:

My dad has the kind of glasses where the arms curve all the way around the back of your ear, almost touching the back of your ear lobe. Anyone have trouble with these? He always wears these glasses and I think he'd prefer not to wear a strap.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter