Have you taken a trip renting DVC points?

sheridac

DIS Veteran
Hi,

Not sure where to post this, but am thinking about renting DVC points. Can anyone that's done this recently post about their experience?

Hi!

If you go to the Rent/Trade Board in the DVC section of this board you will get your renting point questions answered. There is a sticky note section that has all the ins and outs of renting.

For planning a DVC trip go to the DVC Planning Board and ask your specific questions :)

Good Luck!

Deb

thanks for your reply. I'm really looking to talk with someone that has done this - how it went, were they happy, was it what they thought it would be, etc

yes, we just did this jan 8th-11th before our disney cruise. it was amazing, we'll never do it another way again! we stayed at ssr, it was beautiful. I'm happy to answer any questions and you can look up in search under my user name and find my review from mid january-rebecca

Watch out though! We rented points 3x for studios and now we're members! DVC can get you!

We are going in two weeks, renting points. I'll let you know how it goes. I'm afraid we'll have the same "problem" as dgaston though, I think we may return home owners.

....and what a great way to travel! I, also, don't think I'll ever go any other way again....unless we end up purchasing, too!!! :rotfl:

I recently ran the numbers for a possible trip in November, and, at the going $10 per point rate, it worked out to be much more reasonably priced than a hotel room at any of the deluxe resorts. (Actually, worked out that we could get a place at BCV or BWV for about the same price as a room at POFQ!)

The DVC board is a great help. I also drafted up a contract, which helped cover both parties in case of any misunderstandings. (None happened, though, it was a wonderful experience!)

We stayed at OKW and the BWV on rented points a couple of weeks ago. I was nervous, but I really liked the people I rented from. This was an awesome way to stretch the WDW budget!

YES!!! We are doing our 2nd trip on DVC points this weekend. We loved our stay so much that we just became DVC members. You really will fall in love with the DVC resorts. They truly are laid back and feel like home. PM if you need a name of someone to rent from.

cwnhokie said:
We are going in two weeks, renting points. I'll let you know how it goes. I'm afraid we'll have the same "problem" as dgaston though, I think we may return home owners.

This just happened to us in December. :cool1:

I'll be trying this on our next trip in December. I am secretly hoping that DH will be impressed and want to join the DVC. :teeth:

sheridac said:
Hi,

Not sure where to post this, but am thinking about renting DVC points. Can anyone that's done this recently post about their experience?

We rented from someone last August. We stayed at OKW & BWV. OKW was really a nice relaxing, low key kind of atmosphere. Our son loved the pool! :thumbsup2 I have to say, DH and myself thought that BWV's were awesome! We all loved the pool too! :thumbsup2
We had a boardwalk view. We could see the BCV's, the lagoon, boardwalk, the courtyard, and Epcot all from our balcony!
We loved DVC so much, we bought in October. It is a great way to go! :cheer2: Beware! You'll want to stay! :rotfl2:
Hope this helps!
Steph

We did this for our trip this past December (staying at SSR) and has a great time. We can't imagine doing it any other way. Our two young kids are very restless sleepers, and we can't stand sharing a room with them. Disney is a place where you definitely need a good night's rest in order to tackle the next day.

Renting from DVC is the best thing that ever happened to me. I'm addicted. We first rented 2 years ago and it was my first trip to DisneyWorld. I rented again last year and plan to do it this summer also. Old Key West is my favorite because it feels more relaxing than the other resorts. I rented a studio at OKW last year and it was the same price a staying at the "ALL STARS Resort".
OKW also has the largest of the DVC studios. It feels more like a nice townhome community instead of a regular "Hotel". I wish I could buy from DVC but we have been remodling our whole house for the past year and money is tight. As long as I get to go 1 week out of the year I'll be OK. Email me for a web page that has pics of the whole resort including inside the rooms. angraham@comcast.net. I couldn't list the URL in this post. Hope this helps. Have Fun

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter